“Close to airport, quiet and clean”

Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Brisbane, Australia
“Close to airport, quiet and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We spent 1 night - the location is less than 10 minutes by complimentary shuttle bus from airport. Guest laundry was handy and Italian restaurant had good reasonably priced food. Good place to stay before hopping a flight - very convenient and comfortable, friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here for one night on my way home and was blown away. It was certainly very modern and upscale with very professional staff. The rooms were impeccably clean, welcoming and the beds were very comfortable. I wish could have stayed much longer. I can say that it comparable to high-end hotels like the Hyatt Regency. The roof top jacuzzi and view of the airport is really neat....My business colleagues and I all agreed that it was definitely be a top hotel option to stay whenever we visited Calgary again. Highly recommended!! Keep up the excellent job

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I booked here for one night at the airport after staying at the Fairmont in downtown Calgary. The Fairmont could learn a few tips from this hotel. I was expecting a budget airport hotel, what I got was five star service and an excellent hotel where absolutely nothing was too much trouble and everything was very well thought out. Free wifi, free water, free use of DVDs, free fruit, free coffee and tea, state of the art bathrooms with tvs, wonderfully comfortable beds, iPod docking stations, free shuttle to and from the airport with extremely helpful and welcoming drivers, the most efficient check in I have ever witnessed complete with a smile and followed by a phone call to the room ten minutes later to check that everything was ok and an invitation to tell them if it is not? I have always stayed at the Delta at the airport previously, but given the good reviews on Tripadvisor I thought I would give this place a try- I will never stay anywhere else now. This place is trying very hard, and succeeding.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank seajay1111
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed in this hotel for just one night. Had never been in Calgary, was not familiar with the hotel brand, location etc. I arrived rather late at night and the shuttle was sent to the airport to pick me up. 15 minutes was all it took for the driver to arrive. When I arrived I was really waiting for un unpleasant surprise but all my fears changed when I got to the room. The accomodations are nice, clean, with very good bath ammenities and all the items you need for a pleasant stay. and I certainly had a very nice one. Confortable bed, nice pillows, nice bath/shower area and great water pressure. Ample work space for me to work on my laptod and have my papers. The staff that morning was great. Specially a young lady at the Front Desk that was extremelly accomodating assiting me with storing my luggage for a few hours. I had breackfast at their restaurant and it was a great experience also. They have a grill which they use un the morning to toast your bread and that was a nice touch. Breakfast is nice, well served and plentiful. Service was good and promt. I strongly encourage people to stay here. Nice place when staying for just one or two day near the airport. Yes I recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Saint Charles, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was a short drive from Calgary airport and easy to find. Make no mistake: this IS an "airport hotel" NOT a luxury hotel. Check-in was quick, efficient and friendly. Nice clean lobby (ATM to your right as you enter). Vending machines on each floor.

Room was SPOTLESS and tastefully appointed. One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in (only Sofitel, the Ritz or some other upscale hotel could beat it). Lots of plump pillows. Somehow they managed to fit all this in without making it feel crowded: desk and office chair for work; cool lounge chair for TV viewing; small coffee bar with Kourig coffee maker & coffee pods; an area at the end of coffee bar with a magnifying mirror & chair where you could groom yourself to perfection; and a full-length mirror to check your look on the way out. The bathroom was super-duper with a rain shower (no tub) and a TV.

Check the website and look at the layout on the top deck. Large hot tubs and an area to chill out and have a drink or two. Pretty cool.

This place gives you everything you need and has its own style. I highly recommend it if you need to stay near the airport.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We ended our Banff and Jasper vacation with the last night at the Calgary Airport Acclaim Hotel for a flight out the next day. Once we were sure we were going and completed our other reservations, I canceled the online reservation I had made and had to call to reserve the internet non-refundable prepaid hotel room rate for what we thought was a Platinum King room for $165.84CA including tax. We drove straight back from Jasper and returned our rental car to the airport, which is right outside the International arrival door. Then we took the Acclaim Hotel free shuttle, which is located on ground level under the rental car location. Very convenient. You proceed either from International arrival if just arriving or down the elevator from car rental if returning, to bay 10 where there is a courtesy phone for the hotel. The free shuttle is about every 30 minutes but you do need to phone the hotel anyway. Upon hotel check-in be sure to make your airport shuttle reservation for your departure.

Check-in was easy and we proceeded to the room. I originally thought we had booked the Platinum room because I wanted a room with the shower panel. But somewhere upon calling to book the internet rate we were booked into the Diamond room which just has one of those soft rain showerheads. Oh well. The room was on the 4th floor with a view to the back parking and garbage dumpsters. Oh well. Beds and amenities were nice though.
We had dinner at the Italian Pacini Restaurant, which is connected to the hotel. It was a nice dinner but nothing spectacular. The restaurant has a unique feature where they have an open grill and bread bar. You select the types of bread you like and grill it yourself.

Friendly staff, free WiFi and free International calls to the USA for upto 30 minutes. I thought that was fantastic. There is plenty of space for self-parking but not sure about a fee. I think it may be $7.00CA. There is a nice Jacuzzi on the top floor.

Room Tip: The rooms are all quiet but go for a Platinum room with shower panel.