“Wonderful Choice”

Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
Ranked #25 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 9 February 2014

First time to stay at this new Acclaim Hotel in the NE Calgary Airport location, January 2014. Very Modern, very bright, very Miami touch. We stayed because of location, and no noise. It also included leaving your car at this location up to 14 days while you were away. Clean...Morning Newspapers. The Pacini's Restaurant attached to this Hotel, was a Great evening meal. Prices, services and quality of the food Excellent.
Highly recommended for any visit to Calgary, overnight while waiting for that airplane departure or arrival.

Room Tip: Has a roof top terrace with Hot Tub, unfortunate for us, we did not have time to use this facility...
1  Thank yetiman508
Sylvester F, Guest Relations Manager at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for choosing Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport for the first time and for your wonderful "Miami touch" reference. I am excited to hear that your stay with us met and exceed your expectations on all levels including value, location, room cleanliness, sleep quality and service. I appreciate your recommendation, although I am sorry to hear that you were not able to take some time to use the roof top hot tubs. I would love for you to return to take advantage of the view from the top and to spend some time in the tub when you are able. Please let me know when you will be back to stay with us again. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Recently stayed here the night before and after our vacation. This used to be one of our favourite places to stay when flying out of Calgary but we were disappointed with our last stay.

The rooms are very nice but small; We had an issue finding a place to park and us (along with others) were not able to take the shuttle as it was full. We were lucky as they offered to call and pay for a cab; people checking in next to us were booked on the shuttle but had to go 1.5 hours earlier than they requested. Seems like this place is too busy and struggling to assist their customers.

With the high price and lack of amenities (including parking) this is not a place I will return to.

Room Tip: Not sure which rooms would be quiet - our floor (3rd) was not quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not as good as you had experienced in the past. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize that you were not able to find a parking space on your first attempt and to assure that we value your feed back. Please note that we have reviewed our parking policy so that your experience will be more positive on your next stay. With that in mind and I would like you to return to stay with us, please contact me via email (sylvester@acclaimhotel.ca) so that I can further discuss with you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Westjet comped me a room at this hotel a week ago. I didn't arrive until after 1 AM, and as I had been up for almost 24 hours, I really didn't care where I got to lay my weary head. When I opened the door to my room, I was shocked beyond belief! Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! Too bad I was so over tired that I couldn't enjoy anything! I want to come back and get to savour this place! Spacious, clean and modern. Really nice staff on the front desk at check-in and check-out. Definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lumublu

Hello and thank you for your "gorgeous" review. I am glad that you were able to lay your weary head with us. We extend an invitation to come back to visit when you are able so that you can enjoy our amenities including the two hot tubs located on the Star Gazer Sky Deck and of course our attached Pacini restaurant. I am also delighted to hear that your interaction with our staff was friendly and nice. Thank you for recommending Acclaim Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed at hotel before our departure and upon return of our holiday. Rooms are very upscale and comfortable. Restaurant breakfast was excellent. Every detail was to pamper the quest. Very convenient location to airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank your for staying with us before and after your vacation. I am happy yo hear that you found that the location of Acclaim Hotel was convenient for you as a starting and resting point for your vacation and that you felt pampered with our amenities such as the in room Euro Spa Jetted Shower panel and the adjoining restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have stayed @ this property many times. The hotel van from the airport is punctual. The front desk staff is so helpful & pleasant upon check-in & out. Extra touches such as DVD rentals(free of charge) amenities in the bath-EVERYTHING about this hotel is top notch

Stayed: December 2013
Sylvester F, Guest Relations Manager at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Thank you for highlighting and sharing your experience about our team members. I am delighted that you have come back to stay with us once again and pleased to see that based on your shuttle pick up and check in reception that we are still "top notch" in your eyes. The amenities such as free DVD often make for a great extra touches. Again, thank you for choosing Acclaim Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times when travelling through Calgary Airport, and it's still a fantastic hotel in a great location. They know how to cater to travellers, they have airport luggage carts instead of the typical brass bell carts that makes handling your bags so much easier.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable, although there is some variablity between newer and older rooms for climate controls and bathrooms (if you want to have a tub, make sure you ask, some just have showers, albeit very nice ones).

Room rates are very reasonable and the front desk staff are always very friendly and cheerful no matter if it's a late night arrival, or a stupid o'clock in the morning departure.

You are not more than 3 minutes from long term parking lots (I recommend Park 2 Go), and one block south of Country Hills Boulevard which gets you quick acess to the Deerfoot Highway and a 5 minute drive to Cross Iron Mills, or continue west along Country Hills for a great strip mall area with lots of fast food, gas stations, restaurants, etc.

We finally had the timing right to eat at the on-site restaurant, Pacini's, and it's spectacular as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and welcome back to Acclaim Hotel. I am happy to hear that the airport style luggage carts were helpful in making the handling of your bags that much easier, giving you lots more time to have a soak in the tub. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay once more with us and thankful that you were able to experience the warmth of our friendly and cheerful staff. With great amenities, activities and a on site Pacini restaurant, we are glad that we can serve as your " launching pad" when travelling from Calgary.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We were booked into this hotel by our travel agent as we had to overnight in Calgary and we were not disappointed. The shuttle service was fast, the bed was comfy and the shower was amazing. Our only regret was we couldn't stay longer!

There's a restaurant on site with good food and fast service, I recommend anyone check it out.

We will stay here again next time!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sylvester F, Guest Relations Manager at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hello Robyn. I am pleased to see that the trust you placed on your travel agent to book you into Acclaim Hotel was well founded and that you were not disappointed. In addition to the fast shuttle, comfy beds and amazing showers, we have some other great amenities such as our Star Gazer Sky Deck where you can soak in our rooftop jetted spas and take in the spectacular city silhouettes and night sky. Plus if you are not quite ready to sleep there a variety of complimentary DVD movies for you to enjoy in the privacy and comfort of your room. In addition there is always the on site Pacini Restaurant. When you are able please contact me via email (sylvester@acclaimhotel.ca) as we would love to have you come back and stay longer so that you can enjoy these amenities at your leisure.