“Great location and perfect accommodations”

Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
Ranked #25 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 27 February 2014

A great overnight hotel for travellers. The accommodations offer everything I want — awesome shower, clean room, HD TV, great bed and a fine restaurant/bar next door.

The exercise room is a bit cramped — but since I was the only one in there, I had no issues.

I really appreciate the Keurig coffee in the room and — did I mention the great shower?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Sylvester F, Guest Relations Manager at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your "perfect accommodation" review. We are delighted that the shower was a hit with you and that we were able to offer everything that you, as a traveller, are looking for. Please note that we are making plans to expand the exercise room, this should be completed over the next few months. The great shower will be waiting for you when you return. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was pretty fried after several hours of presenting to a group of teachers in Medicine Hat and then driving roughly 200 miles back to Calgary. I needed a nice, quiet place to rest and recharge and was delighted to discover what a great place this was. The room was clean (no icky perfume spray), modern and upscale compared to many of the hotels I've used, and VERY comfortable. When my flight was cancelled the next day, I just booked another night here (didn't even look for other options), grabbed the next shuttle back to the hotel, had some lunch (delicious food at the restaurant) and a took a long, restful nap. Note: I NEVER nap and am lucky if I can sleep at night. Clearly I was more tired than I realized (despite a good night's sleep the night before) plus the bed was so comfortable...

A few small-but-important (to me) things: The bathrooms are really nice. I was in two different rooms and one had a great walk-in shower with one of those big overhead shower heads with side sprays. The other had similar overhead hardware in a big soak tub instead of the shower. If you have a preference, ask. Both were great. I also appreciated that the temperature controls included a low fan option so the heater didn't go on and off all night long. Nice bit of white noise (which helps me sleep) but you can set it to "auto" if you like.

The staff was extremely friendly, from the front desk and housekeeping people to the drivers and maintenance and construction folks. Will definitely book here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a soak tub, although the showers are great, too. VERY comfortable beds, and best...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Sylvester F, Public Relations Manager at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

I am sorry to hear about your cancelled flight but delighted that you were able to stay with us on your second night as well. I am glad that our shuttle was able to whisk you back to the hotel so that you could have lunch in Pacini and take a long restful nap. That you were able to take a nap is a testament to the comfort of our beds. Our friendly staff, including front desk, housekeeping, drivers, maintenance and servers look forward to seeing you when you are back in Calgary and on your way to and from Medicine Hat.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Great place to overnight if you have an early flight out the next morning. Clean spacious rooms.
Staff is friendly and most helpful. Two week free parking as well as a shuttle to the airport.
Attached restaurant is Porcini's. Very good food.
I will be back next time I fly out of Calgary on an early morning flight.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be good and the beds are comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sylvester F, Guest Relations Manager at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

On behalf of the team at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, please accept our thanks for your recent review of our "great hotel by the airport". Thanks also for sharing the tip about the comfortable beds. That you were able to take advantage of our parking and fly package is great to hear. With good food at Pacini and clean spacious rooms we look forward to seeing you whenever you need to fly out from YYC, even if its late or early in the morning.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Whoever designed this hotel and it's rooms had a clue. The rooms are very small but the space is well used. The rooms almost feel like on a train or houseboat -- where there is clever use of space. For example, instead of a traditional desk, they have a small, curved counter top that serves the purpose. A nice little vanity area is also a plus. The decor is very nice and made me feel good about staying there -- mostly tile and granite. The tile floor in the bathroom was lovely. The tub was large and the shower was amazing, with it's different sprays etc. A TV in the bathroom is an added little luxury -- probably unnecessary, but again, it made this place stand out and made me feel good about being there.

Robes were provided, which was nice. I would have liked a small fridge. Big disadvantage. The chaise lounge looked great and was very comfortable. The bed and linens were comfortable -- over all, the room was very stylish.

Parking was great. The staff was great. The restaurant was excellent.

Very close to the airport. I think I have found a new airport hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank xxhermxx

I am delighted to hear that you felt good about staying with us in your recent visit to Calgary. With clever use of space it seems as if we managed to make your stay very enjoyable in one of our platinum king rooms. On your next visit, we will be happy to reserve one of our studio suite which has an additional living room space with pullout single sofa bed, plus additional seating options and a wet bar partitioned from bedroom area plus all the lovely features of our platinum king room. A mini fridge and microwave which are also part of this space will make for a perfect stay. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

From the moment you arrive you find friendly reception staff and a welcoming lobby. The rooms are fantastic and the level of cleanliness is what phenomenal. The location is convient and although the parking lot is usually very full you can usually find a good spot. The internet is fast which seems to be hard to find in other hotels. The only thing I could see improvement on is the price; it is a little steep to be honest.

1  Thank Dcaplan

Hello and thank you for your review of the "perfect hotel". I am happy to hear that you were greeted warmly by our friendly staff and that you room was phenomenally clean. Our housekeeping team was thrilled to see your comment. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

First time to stay at this new Acclaim Hotel in the NE Calgary Airport location, January 2014. Very Modern, very bright, very Miami touch. We stayed because of location, and no noise. It also included leaving your car at this location up to 14 days while you were away. Clean...Morning Newspapers. The Pacini's Restaurant attached to this Hotel, was a Great evening meal. Prices, services and quality of the food Excellent.
Highly recommended for any visit to Calgary, overnight while waiting for that airplane departure or arrival.

Room Tip: Has a roof top terrace with Hot Tub, unfortunate for us, we did not have time to use this facility...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yetiman508
Sylvester F, Guest Relations Manager at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for choosing Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport for the first time and for your wonderful "Miami touch" reference. I am excited to hear that your stay with us met and exceed your expectations on all levels including value, location, room cleanliness, sleep quality and service. I appreciate your recommendation, although I am sorry to hear that you were not able to take some time to use the roof top hot tubs. I would love for you to return to take advantage of the view from the top and to spend some time in the tub when you are able. Please let me know when you will be back to stay with us again. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Recently stayed here the night before and after our vacation. This used to be one of our favourite places to stay when flying out of Calgary but we were disappointed with our last stay.

The rooms are very nice but small; We had an issue finding a place to park and us (along with others) were not able to take the shuttle as it was full. We were lucky as they offered to call and pay for a cab; people checking in next to us were booked on the shuttle but had to go 1.5 hours earlier than they requested. Seems like this place is too busy and struggling to assist their customers.

With the high price and lack of amenities (including parking) this is not a place I will return to.

Room Tip: Not sure which rooms would be quiet - our floor (3rd) was not quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not as good as you had experienced in the past. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize that you were not able to find a parking space on your first attempt and to assure that we value your feed back. Please note that we have reviewed our parking policy so that your experience will be more positive on your next stay. With that in mind and I would like you to return to stay with us, please contact me via email (sylvester@acclaimhotel.ca) so that I can further discuss with you. I look forward to hearing from you.