“New and well appointed” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Halifax, Canada
“New and well appointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed at the Acclaim for a business conference with a large group, and enjoyed the hotel. The restaurant/bar has great food, but the service is a littel slow. The roof top hot tubs are a nice touch, but I didn't have a chance to use them. The rooms are modern, but a bit small. They seemed to be going through some growing pains when I stayed there, but I certianly would go again. One drawback is it's location. Although it's close to the airport, it's really in the middle of nowhere, so you need to rent a car if you want to go anywhere, The website says they offered a complementary shuttle to CrossIron Mills Mall, but the front desk knew nothing of it.

Room Tip: Higher rooms seem to be nicer.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sylvester F, Director Guest Experience at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Greetings from Acclaim Hotel. We are delighted that you were able to enjoy our "New and Well Appointed" hotel while you were attending a business conference in Calgary. Please note that we will speak to our restaurant partner about your comments on service. It is a pity that you were not able to take advantage of the roof top hot tubs, but considering that they are open all year I hope that you have the chance to enjoy their warmth and of course the views of the Rocky Mountains.

At this time, we are not able to offer shuttle service to CrossIron Mills Mall and our guest service team should have pointed that out to and offered our complimentary shuttle to the airport where you can connect with Calgary Transit with quick access to various activities and points of interest. We look forward to seeing you again soon when you your schedule brings you back to Calgary. Best regards from Team Acclaim.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Korean first
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Waited for shuttle at airport for 31 minutes after I called.

There was a wedding reception with DJ that went on until 2 AM (manager confirmed with me in AM that they had a contract to play until 2). We heard it all, even from the top (4th) floor.

I booked it as Expedia Elite Plus, and when I arrived and presented my card, they looked at me like I was crazy. They didn't seem to know what it was.

Room was clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sylvester F, Director Guest Experience at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I am sorry to hear that your recent stay at Acclaim Hotel was not the experience that you were looking forward to due to the disturbance from below. We, at Acclaim Hotel, value your feedback and offer our apologies for the disturbance and for not recognizing you as an Expedia Elite Plus member. I want to take this opportunity to assure that when you return to stay with us that you will receive priority customer care. I hope to see you when you return.

Best regards.
Sylvester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

The location is close to the airport which is good, but there is nothing else around. The hotel is very average. Long hallways, and not all that attractive. The restaurant for breakfast was good and service was good. It was quiet too which was good. Pillows were uncomfortable. No newspaper or extras at all. Don't think I would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here before our trip to Mexico. Got the rate for a one night stay with parking for the 9 nights for 155.00$. Hotel was in end new and the room were comfortable with everything we needed. We liked that the restaurant Pacini was right in the hotel. The free shuttle was great to the airport and pick up was easy when we returned from our holiday. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Sylvester F, Director Guest Expereince at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
It is great to hear and see that our hotel was able to provide all of the amenities that you needed before you trip to Mexico. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Rimbey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was our first time at the Acclaim after giving up on the Radisson.
We were very impressed by this bright clean hotel. We booked online for 2 separate nights including Long Term Parking, for our trip out of the country. The front desk staff are very efficient and professional. Since we were taking the airport shuttle in the morning, they asked if we needed a wake-up call.
Both times we stayed on the 2nd floor, 209 & 213. The rooms were quiet, very modern and exceptionally clean. The king bed was comfortable with high quality linens. The bathroom had a huge soaker tub with the modern shower nozzle system. My only annoyance and it is only a small one, is the night light from the bathroom is quite bright at night. So you have to close the bathroom door if bothered by it. We could kind of hear the planes at the airport but not enough to really bother us.
It was sweet to be able to park our vehicle 2 stalls away from the back door.
Our first night we went for dinner at the adjoining Pacini Restaurant. The service was good and so was the food, all tho we found it a bit pricey.
On our return 2nd stay, we phoned from the outside courtesy phone at the airport. The shuttle was there within 5 minutes to pick us up. Not like the poor lady who had been waiting an hour for the Clarion Hotel Shuttle. Our driver was very friendly and we had a pleasant conversation.
Arriving at the hotel again the front desk was very efficient and within minutes we were in our room. Instead of going out to eat we decided to just get some snacks from the vending machines. As I am not one who uses vending machines, I went to the front desk to ask if the machines did indeed take larger bills. The fellow told me it was best not to use anything larger than a $5.00 bill and gladly gave me change for my $20.00 bill. I still had to guess at the machine as I couldn't find prices listed on anything. But I got my snack, warmed it in the microwave and was happy.
After a long day of airports and travel I elected to try out the hot tub jacuzzi on the roof. It is nice that the hotel supplies a nice fluffy bathrobe so you don't have to walk the halls in bathing suit and towel. There is an ample supply of clean towels just inside the door to the deck so no need to take room towels. The tub was almost too hot. Maybe somebody had forgot to reset the temp after the cold -30C weather. There were 6 of us fellow travellers in the tub with lots of room to spare. We would soak for a few minutes, then sit on the side to cool. It did feel really good on the old sore bones and muscles. The security guard even came up to visit us. He said that the tub usually closed at 10:00pm but since we looked like we were enjoying ourselves we could stay past that time. I returned to the room as red as a cooked lobster and had a restful nights sleep.
Our vehicle had sat undisturbed and it was nice to have that peace of mind.
The Hotel appears to sit in an industrial area, a great location. Not much traffic, NO screaming sirens, no having to travel on Deerfoot to get to the airport which is 5 minutes away.
We will definitely plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor are quiet and there is also a 2nd vending machine by the elevators.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments about our “New, clean and comfortable” hotel. I am excited to see your comments about the different departments which were part of your positive experience. Our team appreciates your mention of their department and certainly look forward to your next visit. Your room on the second floor will be waiting for you. Also great to hear is that you were extended some additional time to enjoy the roof top hot tub and that even your vehicle was undisturbed. I look forward to seeing you again. Take good care.
Bragg Creek, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had stayed at the Acclaim last year during the expanded construction phase. With that completed,proximity to the airport including the extended parking option, we rebooked for a second visit. Would use the hotel again with no hesitation.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Sylvester F, Director Guest Experience at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us last year as we were expanding the hotel. And for rebooking your second visit. We are happy to hear that with our proximity to the airport that you are looking forward to your third visit. We look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. This would be a preferred hotel for me in when in the area in the future. Which is really the best compliment I can give. The price was very reasonable. The hotel was clean, quiet and tastefully furnished. Close to the airport with a free shuttle to the airport.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Sylvester F, Guest Relations Manager at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
We are glad to hear that Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport would be your preferred hotel when you are in Calgary. Thank you for the compliment. And for taking the time to write about your stay. We look forward to see ing you again soon.