“Seems brand new”

Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Brandon, Canada
“Seems brand new”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were on an all night flight and had to stay in Calgary over night. The shuttle was 10 minutes as promised. The rooms are super clean, modern and restful. The gal at the desk arranged a wake up call for the next morning, and shuttle pick up time. She was super organized.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sylvester F, Director Guest Experience at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
After an all-night flight we at Acclaim Hotel are delighted that we were able to pick you up from the airport in the time frame that was promised and that you had a super clean and modern room for a restful night. Too bad that we had to wake you up the next morning but we understand that you have to leave. It appears that our morning shuttle driver was also able to get you back to the airport on time. All thanks to one of our super organized team members. Please also accept our thanks for your “seems brand new” review, which is a tribute to our other amazing team members in housekeeping and maintenance. We are ever so grateful and can't wait to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night with my wife, upon checking in the man at the front desk said he would be right back, he was gone for 10-15min while two managers and a second staff member stood there looking dumbfounded. Show some initiative. Afterwards we got our room which was clean and comfortable, the deep soaker tub was a plus for my wife. I checked out the roof top patio which looks great and Im sure would be nice in the summer. Also liked the ability to borrow movies from front desk over paying for them. The restaurant next door had the best eggs Benedict ive ever had. All in all a great experience other then lousy service at the start. I hope its different the next time I choose to stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write to confirm that despite a rocky start with your check in that your stay turned out great after all. It is great to see that our team members in the housekeeping department were able to deliver a clean comfortable room with a deep soaker tub. I am glad that even though you didn’t use the hot tub on the roof that you were able to take in the great views of city center and the mountains serving as a backdrop. Movies are always complimentary while you stay with us. I am also especially happy that our partners in Pacini restaurant were able to serve you the best eggs Benedict that you have ever had. I’ll pass on the compliments to Pacini’s culinary team. Please rest assured that the next time that you stay with us that we will deliver the best service as we strive to give you an unparalleled experience. We look forward to your next visit.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed at the Acclaim for a business conference with a large group, and enjoyed the hotel. The restaurant/bar has great food, but the service is a littel slow. The roof top hot tubs are a nice touch, but I didn't have a chance to use them. The rooms are modern, but a bit small. They seemed to be going through some growing pains when I stayed there, but I certianly would go again. One drawback is it's location. Although it's close to the airport, it's really in the middle of nowhere, so you need to rent a car if you want to go anywhere, The website says they offered a complementary shuttle to CrossIron Mills Mall, but the front desk knew nothing of it.

Room Tip: Higher rooms seem to be nicer.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Greetings from Acclaim Hotel. We are delighted that you were able to enjoy our "New and Well Appointed" hotel while you were attending a business conference in Calgary. Please note that we will speak to our restaurant partner about your comments on service. It is a pity that you were not able to take advantage of the roof top hot tubs, but considering that they are open all year I hope that you have the chance to enjoy their warmth and of course the views of the Rocky Mountains.

At this time, we are not able to offer shuttle service to CrossIron Mills Mall and our guest service team should have pointed that out to and offered our complimentary shuttle to the airport where you can connect with Calgary Transit with quick access to various activities and points of interest. We look forward to seeing you again soon when you your schedule brings you back to Calgary. Best regards from Team Acclaim.
Indiana
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Waited for shuttle at airport for 31 minutes after I called.

There was a wedding reception with DJ that went on until 2 AM (manager confirmed with me in AM that they had a contract to play until 2). We heard it all, even from the top (4th) floor.

I booked it as Expedia Elite Plus, and when I arrived and presented my card, they looked at me like I was crazy. They didn't seem to know what it was.

Room was clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sylvester F, Director Guest Experience at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I am sorry to hear that your recent stay at Acclaim Hotel was not the experience that you were looking forward to due to the disturbance from below. We, at Acclaim Hotel, value your feedback and offer our apologies for the disturbance and for not recognizing you as an Expedia Elite Plus member. I want to take this opportunity to assure that when you return to stay with us that you will receive priority customer care. I hope to see you when you return.

Best regards.
Sylvester
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

The location is close to the airport which is good, but there is nothing else around. The hotel is very average. Long hallways, and not all that attractive. The restaurant for breakfast was good and service was good. It was quiet too which was good. Pillows were uncomfortable. No newspaper or extras at all. Don't think I would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here before our trip to Mexico. Got the rate for a one night stay with parking for the 9 nights for 155.00$. Hotel was in end new and the room were comfortable with everything we needed. We liked that the restaurant Pacini was right in the hotel. The free shuttle was great to the airport and pick up was easy when we returned from our holiday. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sylvester F, Director Guest Expereince at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
It is great to hear and see that our hotel was able to provide all of the amenities that you needed before you trip to Mexico. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Rimbey, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was our first time at the Acclaim after giving up on the Radisson.
We were very impressed by this bright clean hotel. We booked online for 2 separate nights including Long Term Parking, for our trip out of the country. The front desk staff are very efficient and professional. Since we were taking the airport shuttle in the morning, they asked if we needed a wake-up call.
Both times we stayed on the 2nd floor, 209 & 213. The rooms were quiet, very modern and exceptionally clean. The king bed was comfortable with high quality linens. The bathroom had a huge soaker tub with the modern shower nozzle system. My only annoyance and it is only a small one, is the night light from the bathroom is quite bright at night. So you have to close the bathroom door if bothered by it. We could kind of hear the planes at the airport but not enough to really bother us.
It was sweet to be able to park our vehicle 2 stalls away from the back door.
Our first night we went for dinner at the adjoining Pacini Restaurant. The service was good and so was the food, all tho we found it a bit pricey.
On our return 2nd stay, we phoned from the outside courtesy phone at the airport. The shuttle was there within 5 minutes to pick us up. Not like the poor lady who had been waiting an hour for the Clarion Hotel Shuttle. Our driver was very friendly and we had a pleasant conversation.
Arriving at the hotel again the front desk was very efficient and within minutes we were in our room. Instead of going out to eat we decided to just get some snacks from the vending machines. As I am not one who uses vending machines, I went to the front desk to ask if the machines did indeed take larger bills. The fellow told me it was best not to use anything larger than a $5.00 bill and gladly gave me change for my $20.00 bill. I still had to guess at the machine as I couldn't find prices listed on anything. But I got my snack, warmed it in the microwave and was happy.
After a long day of airports and travel I elected to try out the hot tub jacuzzi on the roof. It is nice that the hotel supplies a nice fluffy bathrobe so you don't have to walk the halls in bathing suit and towel. There is an ample supply of clean towels just inside the door to the deck so no need to take room towels. The tub was almost too hot. Maybe somebody had forgot to reset the temp after the cold -30C weather. There were 6 of us fellow travellers in the tub with lots of room to spare. We would soak for a few minutes, then sit on the side to cool. It did feel really good on the old sore bones and muscles. The security guard even came up to visit us. He said that the tub usually closed at 10:00pm but since we looked like we were enjoying ourselves we could stay past that time. I returned to the room as red as a cooked lobster and had a restful nights sleep.
Our vehicle had sat undisturbed and it was nice to have that peace of mind.
The Hotel appears to sit in an industrial area, a great location. Not much traffic, NO screaming sirens, no having to travel on Deerfoot to get to the airport which is 5 minutes away.
We will definitely plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor are quiet and there is also a 2nd vending machine by the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about our “New, clean and comfortable” hotel. I am excited to see your comments about the different departments which were part of your positive experience. Our team appreciates your mention of their department and certainly look forward to your next visit. Your room on the second floor will be waiting for you. Also great to hear is that you were extended some additional time to enjoy the roof top hot tub and that even your vehicle was undisturbed. I look forward to seeing you again. Take good care.