“Very clean and modern”

Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Staff at front desk was very friendly, and knowledgeable. Very close to airport, but with nothing else nearby. Easy access to highway. Parking is included, no comments on the shuttle because we didn't need it. They have DVDs available to borrow for free.

Overall hotel and rooms were very clean. TV in the washroom, and a scale is a bonus! Showers are as pictured on the internet, with the fancy nozzles. Rooms include a psychiatrist chair; very unique touch. Beds were comfy with a large selection of pillows. 2 bathrobes included for use as well.

Hot tub was unbearably hot and unusable. We called to the desk but was told it was some regulation issue that required the hot tub to be set to some temperature. Hmm... Rooftop deck was super nice, so what a shame. The view is just industrial, so nothing too exciting.

Restaurant pizza (delivered) was decent, and prices reasonable. No breakfast included, but is available for a fee from the restaurant downstairs.

Would stay again if I didn't want to be in the city. And if breakfast was included.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sylvester F, Director Guest Experience at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

On behalf of the Acclaim Hotel, please accept our thanks and appreciation for your recent review. I am delighted to hear that the front desk team were able to provide you with friendly and knowledgeable service. The housekeeping team, who are the proud recipient of the 2014 Housekeeping Award and who were recognized at gala reception by industry peers from the Alberta Hotel & Association are thankful as well.
Although the maintenance department are sad to hear that you found the temperature of the hot tub to be "unbearable hot", we wanted to let you know that the health department guidelines require that the temperature is kept at the level which was set.
We are glad to hear that you would stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in the Acclaim more than a few times, and I love it. A big thankyou to the young girl on reception this morning. My flight from Scotland got into Calgary at 10:30, I got to the Acclaim at 11:30, even though check in was 16:00, she got me into my room straight away. I had visions of sitting in the lounge for 4hrs. Great hotel, great staff, great restaurant !! .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sylvester F, Director Guest Experience at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hello Colin. Welcome back to Calgary and Acclaim Hotel. Its great to hear that we were able to check you in early and as a result you were able to spend more time in your room after your trip from Scotland. I hope that the rest of your trip was as enjoyable as your check in and stay with Acclaim Hotel.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Spent one night on business and found this place perfect. The rooms are clean and beds comfy. Neat funky shower……near the airport……shuttle……worked out well. The restaurant was AWESOME. Great food and service. Will definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We value your recommendation and are excited to hear that you will tell your friends about your recent stay. We hope that on your next visit that you will be able to stay for at least two nights so that you can enjoy the clean and comfortable beds, the funky shower and awesome restaurant. Perhaps you will be able to play a game of Foosball or choose from one of the complimentary games available in the G Lounge next to the front desk. We look forward to seeing you and your friends soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Rooms were modern and efficiently designed. Comfy beds and rain shower. ( I personally would like a tub, though )Staff was professional and friendly. Online booking was quick and convenient. Children stayed for free. Restaurant is exceptional with an interesting menu that is reasonably priced. Kids were hoping for a pool but the hot tubs on the sky deck were lovely.

• Stayed: May 2014

Please note that we value your feedback which serves as an opportunity for us to review our check in procedure as it appears that we did not ask you about your room type preference (room with a shower or a room with a tub and shower). A room with a tub and shower can be preferably especially when traveling with children as they sometimes prefer to take a long soak in the tub. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy Pacini restaurant and that the kids enjoyed the hot tub as well. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back to Calgary and Acclaim Hotel.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and it never disappoints. With many choices near the airport, the Acclaim always seem to meet my expectations. The rooms are well maintained and clean. Check in is easy and quick.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We at Acclaim Hotel always look forward to your stay and we are happy to hear that every time that you are in Calgary that we are your hotel of choice and that we also always meet your expectations with clean and well maintained rooms with quick and easy check in. Our teams of hospitality professionals are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed at Acclaim as a stop over with an early flight out the next morning. Hotel has a great package with a week of parking included which can be extended to two weeks for a small fee. Shuttle to airport is every half hour 24/7. Room and staff were excellent and very courteous. When we returned after two weeks away, our car wouldn't start and by this time it was getting quite late. When I explained the situation to the young lady on the front desk, she was extremely helpful and offered a substantial discount on a room for us which was greatly appreciated. The next morning was filled with trying to get a dealer to repair the car and find a tow truck to get it there. When I did get this sorted, we were is a situation of needing a ride to get a rental car until ours was repaired, and also were running pretty close to check out time. Again, when I explained this to the young lady working the front desk, I was told that it would be no problem to stay past the regular check out time and to let her know when I need a ride to get a rental as I could use the shuttle again to go to the airport for the rental. In all, the car issue was resolved and the girls on the front desk made the whole experience much easier to deal with. I will certainly stay at Acclaim again when ever I am flying out of Calgary.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve D

Hello Steve. it is great to hear from you and your wife regarding your recent stay with us and I am pleased to hear that despite the misfortune of your vehicle not being able to start that our team members were able to provide some positive relief and make your stay enjoyable. I am proud to say that we have been fortunate to have an excellent team of customer service professionals who are always ensuring that guest needs are taken care of. I am glad that everything worked out to our satisfaction. I will share your feedback with the two young ladies you mentioned along with the rest of the team. I am sure that they will be delighted to hear of your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you require accommodation in Calgary.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Our stay was fairly good all round, aside from the unpleasant staff. Bitter housekeepers and sour counter staff. The rooms were very clean and the location was convenient for us, and the hotel overall was very pleasant. Aside from the atmosphere from the staff. We will most likely be returning.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Joey from Edmonton. Please accept my apologies and from the rest of our team regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that your encounter was not overly positive with some of our team members. Our hotel takes pride in providing outstanding guest interaction with all our guest and we take your comments as an opportunity to review our customer service goals with our team. I trust that the next time that you require accommodation in Calgary that your reservation will be with Acclaim Hotel. We look forward to seeing you.