“Don't bother looking for anywhere else to stay - this is the place”

Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 19 August 2009

We stayed here one night prior to flying out of Calgary the next morning. If we're ever in Calgary again, we won't even look for any other place to stay. It's about a mile from the airport, but it was the quietest night sleep we've ever had in a hotel. It was so comfortable we all overslept. It's new, modern and "hip" without being at all pretentious. The staff was great. It offered lots of little things that make a stay enjoyable: for example, free 20 minutes of long distance calls, a great breakfast (included in the room rate), an I-pod docking station in room, great TVs. They are clearly very environmentally aware (e.g., they have a clear commitment to recycling and energy efficiency) but aren't annoying or in-your-face about it. And their rates are very reasonable.

For now, there is no restaurant on site (will be in the fall, I'm told), which means you have to drive a couple miles to a restaurant. (Try the Boston Pizza down the road.) But for us that was not a problem.

We chose this hotel because it was the top rated on Trip Advisor. Now we know why.

Reviewed 17 August 2009

Our room was wonderful, and the location is ok for a stopover in Calgary. We had no trouble driving downtown for dinner. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, but the value was really good. The airport shuttle only takes minutes.

Reviewed 17 August 2009

If you would like to sleep in the lap of luxury you've found your hotel. I looked for about a week before I booked this room and it was in our budget so I thought why not? I will tell you I was nervous at first cause the hotel is 'under reno's' and close to the air port. I DIDN'T HEAR A SINGLE RENO SOUND OR PLAIN! seriously no lie! this hotel room reminded me of the ones that my BF's parents stay in (which are well off) that i cant afford at 200 per night. I was also looking on line at all the places to book a room with this place but I thought I would be secure and call the 866 number to make a reservation. I was thinking I would have to quote what I found online but they even beat that price without me saying a single thing. We stayed in a king reg room. The shower is absolutely wicked. I've been in a hotel before with this kind of shower and I absolutely love them! this was about a year ago and the acclaims had a steam option.. i wont tell you to much about it cause its a nice surprise. Just remember to stand back at first cause there's the cold water that comes out first (just like any other type of shower like this). You can tell when this hotel is done with its reno's that the prices wont be as reasonable as they are now. so seriously, take advantage of it! if they rates are as good as they are not (140 per night incl tax) i WILL be back! yea yea yea there isn't any places to eat near by.. but your in calgary! its a huge city. I used to live in calgary for half my life and I still have to say i'm impressed. I think its this wed there's going to be a mall that opening up there.. about a 5 min drive. I cant stress enough how much i enjoyed this hotel. The free breakfast taboot was good. There was plenty of it and when they ran out they filled it back up immediately. The people at the front said its on till 10am (to give ppl enough time to eat and check out).. but ok ok ok.. here's one thing. Even though I didn't need it I know my BF would have loved it.. there's no pool at the moment. I don't know if they have plans but I cant see why not. So I could go on and on and on. But I think I will leave it at this. You need to surprise your self.. its really a place I'm going back to.

PS

you front desk people are wicked! good people to spark up a convo with.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2009

The hotel is perfect if - like us- you fly into Calgary quite late on and need somewhere close to the airport. It is literally five minutes away. Despite this, it is quiet. The whole hotel is very modern in all its fixtures and fittings. Our room even had an i-pod dock and a massive flat-screen on the wall. There was even a TV in the bathroom! The staff were great - very welcoming and helpful. One of them even helped us jump start the car. There was also continental breakfast included in the price which was an added bonus. especially as it was so delicious. I don't know if it would be convenient for a longer stay, but as a stop-over for the first night in Calgary, it would be difficult to beat.

Reviewed 15 August 2009

The hotel was difficult to find because it is not lit up very well at night. However, once we found it and checked in we were wowed by the classy accommodations.The electronic gadgets and bathroom were impressive. Rooms were very quiet and comfortable although I will agree that the air conditioner was loud and somewhat overpowering as the room cooled very quickly while it was on.

Also disappointing was the fact that the rooftop hot tub and lounge was not built yet despite comments to the contrary in the hotel binder in the room. It's unfortunate but we understand the hotel is still finishing completion.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Also, free DVD's were available in the lobby to use in the in room DVD players. Free high speed internet and two free computers in the lobby were also a welcome feature.

We were a family of four and found the complimentary breakfast great for us as it saves about $30-40/day and a ton of time. Items were replenished frequently and there was a fair variety of items. Although it's not close to downtown Calgary's trails (Deerfoot, MacLeod, Glenmore, etc) make getting from one place to another easy and relatively quick.

Overall we loved it. We payed C$129 through Expedia and would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 12 August 2009

Ultra modern new hotel, comfortable and friendly. One nite was enough as was a stop over for the Calgary stampede. Location was close to the airport, on the highway but a distance from Calgary city centre

Reviewed 7 August 2009

I booked a 4 night stay at this hotel based off its #1 TripAdvisor rating and ended up loving it. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was extremely comfortable and spacious enough. The over-sized bathtub was great after spending a day in Banff; the complimentary toiletries were excellent, smelled nice and got the job done; the bed was extremely comfortable and came with 5 pillows on it; the huge flat screen TV & DVD player was great; digital temperature controls were a nice addition; the breakfast was slightly above average for a hotel, the sausages were great and they left cereal & juice out 24 hours and whenever the hot items were getting low, a hotel staff member was replenishing them; the free airport shuttle was very handy; the daily complimentary bottled water was a plus; the shower looks deceiving but is very easy to use (the massage jets were great!); and complimentary bathrobes were very nice to have. They did take $50 for a deposit from my debit card (I assume for any damages) when I checked in but within a few days of checking out, my $50 was returned to me.

The only downside to this hotel was that in order to get a fridge & microwave in your room you had to pay extra and that it is not near any dining, attractions, or shopping. If you're staying in Calgary for a few days, I recommend renting a car in order to get around. It's cheaper than cab rides and much easier than using the shuttle to get to the airport and hopping on the public transportation bus from there into Calgary. I'd also have preferred a pool, but this hotel doesn't have one nor does one seem to be in future plans. However, these are my only complaints and I would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank volleyball8711