Nuvo Hotel Suites
US$182
US$181
US$173
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$112
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$154
Orbitz.com
US$181
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull kitchenstudio apartmentsmall hotelcheck in processan extended staycomfortable bedcoffee makerthe ground floorrestaurants and shopsrooms are moderndowntown calgarylate checksafewaystarbucksstoveavebalconies
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Nuvo. We were late arriving (and contacted them ahead of time to let them know), and they left out directions for us which we followed, and had NO problems getting into our room. The lock is a bit more fashion forward than I was used to, but my hubby figured it out quickly and we got in in a minute. The staff was very friendly, and efficient, and truly cared about the quality of our stay. The room and the hotel were spic and span, and we felt very secure there. Before we booked our room - we had read several reviews. Some mentioned about the rooms being too bright - but the problem has been rectified in the mean time, and the curtains were VERY dark. We heard the fridges were loud - but didn't even notice it running most of the time. We read something about the rugs not being in great shape - but again - they have fixed the problem, and the rug was just fine. There were also reviews stating that there were homeless people 'all over the place'... granted - there were a few looking to collect a couple cans a few times a day, but they are very quick, they didn't bother ANYONE, and were very polite. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, in fact - while we were IN Calgary, several people asked us about our stay, and we gave it the thumbs UP! If we come back to Calgary - we would absolutely consider staying here again!

Room Tip: We LOVED having our balcony room as we requested - but the rooms overlooking the city were a little more spacious, and a bit more going on for people watching. I am NOT complaining though - just what ever your preference is. We were happier with the balcony room, as it was just 2 of us and by no means was our room too small.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leci
NuvoHotelSuites, General Manager at Nuvo Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, and we are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do take guest feedback very seriously and aim to resolve any issues that arise as soon as possible, and I am glad that you noticed everything which we have fixed/replaced in the last few months.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Novu and I enjoyed my stay very much. The room was very clean and very comfortable. It is in a great location with a Safeway located across the street and within walking distance of many amenities. I found the area very quiet. As a plus, the room I was in had a balcony.

L. Ferguson
North Vancouver, B.C.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorraine P
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while in Calgary for a life celebration for a family member who had passed away, and it was an excellent choice. It's very comfortable with kitchen and laundry facilities, comfortable balcony furniture (even if the balcony view is of the alley!), has some secure parking, and the service was great.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for a room with a balcony if the weather is as warm as it has recently been in Calgary (though there are free-standing air conditioners).
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

This little hotel in an unassuming location would be easy to pass without even noticing. We stayed during opening weekend of the stampede and it was very busy, but at such peak season, it was a relatively affordable option in downtown Calgary.

Positives:
- Large rooms with full kitchen. It would be easy to stay here long term and fend for yourself.
- Fending made even easier by adjacent Safeway and Liquor Barn.
- A good attempt has been made to keep a stylish theme in the rooms. Some of the furniture and decor is not top quality, but nor is it bland or average.
- Great shower! My husband and I are tall and hate hotels where we have to crouch to reach out heads. No issues here.
- Most rooms have a balcony.
- Our room wasn't ready at check-in but the staff were so proactive at resolving this, it gave us a positive impression.

Negatives:
- Narrow entrance and staircase makes access tight, especially with luggage. No communal areas at all.
- No 24 Hour reception may be an issue for some. Key entry out of hours.
- No parking bays for check in - try your luck on the street before being directed to secure parking.
- A 20 minute walk to the heart of downtown.

I thought this was a good choice for Stampede tourists on a bit of a budget. I'd rather stay closer to downtown on my next trip to Calgary however.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank LikeItIs-Reviewer
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel and were very happy with the service and the room. The lady, I believe her name was Monique, that checked us in was very helpful and friendly and even managed to remember our names! The hotel was in walking distance to a few restaurants, which was perfect as my husband had the car for most of the day. The decor of the room was very trendy and very comfortable. Friendly Staff and a Comfortable room with a washer and dryer if I may add that isn't normally included in a hotel room. For the price that we paid we were very satified with the value that we got.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ClarissaG374
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Nuvo Hotel Suites, and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future.