“swanky!”

Ranked #81 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton, Canada
“swanky!”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed 2 nights in Calgary on our way to BC and needed someplace close to our daughter's condo. Ryan, who took my booking, matched the rate I was offered by Best Western down the street without me even asking! The rooms were lovely and reminded us of a European hotel. Everything was perfect. I agree that the locks are different but once you get used to them, they're no problem. I loved the coffee-maker built right into the wall! Bathroom was also beautiful! We will definitely stay there again when we're in Calgary!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Heidi C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This place is recommended for short or long stays. The suite is very nice, spacious and centrally located. The suite is just like a bachelor's pad with the amenities and yet is priced right. I also like the decor, has a balcony and even a washer & dryer in the unit. There is no long distance call charge if calls are made within North America, that's a plus!

Room Tip: Higher floor will give a better view at the balcony howver be prepared to walk the stairs as there i...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank comp-aliance
Springbrook
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Close to good resteraunts . Comfy suites . Nice spot for a getaway in Calgary . My only negative was the slightly loud portable a.c unit but I would defenitly return ....... The room itself had everything a person could need with everything simple to use . The mattress and pillows were very comfy. Kind of stingy with the toiletries only one bar of soap for hands and shower. Why?

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Lynoliker
NuvoHotelSuites, General Manager at Nuvo Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thank you for your kind review of Nuvo Hotel Suites, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I just wanted to let you, and any future guests know, that we have more bathroom amenities available upon request at the front desk, and are happy to provide guests with extra amenities.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Sarah
canada
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Nuvo. We were late arriving (and contacted them ahead of time to let them know), and they left out directions for us which we followed, and had NO problems getting into our room. The lock is a bit more fashion forward than I was used to, but my hubby figured it out quickly and we got in in a minute. The staff was very friendly, and efficient, and truly cared about the quality of our stay. The room and the hotel were spic and span, and we felt very secure there. Before we booked our room - we had read several reviews. Some mentioned about the rooms being too bright - but the problem has been rectified in the mean time, and the curtains were VERY dark. We heard the fridges were loud - but didn't even notice it running most of the time. We read something about the rugs not being in great shape - but again - they have fixed the problem, and the rug was just fine. There were also reviews stating that there were homeless people 'all over the place'... granted - there were a few looking to collect a couple cans a few times a day, but they are very quick, they didn't bother ANYONE, and were very polite. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, in fact - while we were IN Calgary, several people asked us about our stay, and we gave it the thumbs UP! If we come back to Calgary - we would absolutely consider staying here again!

Room Tip: We LOVED having our balcony room as we requested - but the rooms overlooking the city were a little...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leci
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, and we are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do take guest feedback very seriously and aim to resolve any issues that arise as soon as possible, and I am glad that you noticed everything which we have fixed/replaced in the last few months.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Sarah
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Novu and I enjoyed my stay very much. The room was very clean and very comfortable. It is in a great location with a Safeway located across the street and within walking distance of many amenities. I found the area very quiet. As a plus, the room I was in had a balcony.

L. Ferguson
North Vancouver, B.C.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lorraine P
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while in Calgary for a life celebration for a family member who had passed away, and it was an excellent choice. It's very comfortable with kitchen and laundry facilities, comfortable balcony furniture (even if the balcony view is of the alley!), has some secure parking, and the service was great.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for a room with a balcony if the weather is as warm as it has recently been i...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

This little hotel in an unassuming location would be easy to pass without even noticing. We stayed during opening weekend of the stampede and it was very busy, but at such peak season, it was a relatively affordable option in downtown Calgary.

Positives:
- Large rooms with full kitchen. It would be easy to stay here long term and fend for yourself.
- Fending made even easier by adjacent Safeway and Liquor Barn.
- A good attempt has been made to keep a stylish theme in the rooms. Some of the furniture and decor is not top quality, but nor is it bland or average.
- Great shower! My husband and I are tall and hate hotels where we have to crouch to reach out heads. No issues here.
- Most rooms have a balcony.
- Our room wasn't ready at check-in but the staff were so proactive at resolving this, it gave us a positive impression.

Negatives:
- Narrow entrance and staircase makes access tight, especially with luggage. No communal areas at all.
- No 24 Hour reception may be an issue for some. Key entry out of hours.
- No parking bays for check in - try your luck on the street before being directed to secure parking.
- A 20 minute walk to the heart of downtown.

I thought this was a good choice for Stampede tourists on a bit of a budget. I'd rather stay closer to downtown on my next trip to Calgary however.

• Stayed July 2012