Nuvo Hotel Suites
The Fairmont Palliser(Calgary)
US$246
US$158
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$102
US$208
US$195
  • Restaurant
US$100
US$83
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$166
Hotels.com
US$115
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenstudio apartmentsmall hotelcheck in processan extended staycomfortable bedcoffee makerthe ground floorrestaurants and shopsrooms are moderndowntown calgarylate checksafewaystarbucksstoveavebalconies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Our little group was on motorcycles in the pouring rain when we finally found this place tucked back in from the street. The entrance, followed by the front desk being in a suite and the staff seemingly uninterested in helping us park and get out of the street and the rain, was an off-putting start, but everything after that was just wonderful. It is kind of a apartment feel, as others have noted. The room was very attractive, and had everything we could possibly want. The balcony with no view actually turned out to be ideal. We had wet gear that needed to be outside to dry. The place is well-located (near Safeway), well-appointed, and very relaxing. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The rooms very in size and appointments. Take time to check them out and pick what will make you comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bkseatridr
Reviewed 18 July 2013

When I got into the cab and told him where to go, he sort of laughed and said "No one knows about that place"... Uhhhh, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

It was a good thing. I was a little taken back at first as you had to buzz in, and the "front desk" was a suite that had a couple desks. Monique was the only one working as I had a later arrival, and she was all smiles. The building is set up like an apartment building, and she carried my bag and walked me to my suite. Once there, she mentioned that she actually may have an upgrade available. She came back within five minutes and told me she could put me on the top floor with a balcony, so I obviously accepted!

The balcony faced a quiet ally, which ended up working well as the weather was wonderful so I opened the door and left the screen closed for a nice breeze in the room. The room itself has a kitchen complete with dish washer and clothes washer! Coffee machine built into the wall (no need to add water, it's hooked up to the pipes), the bathroom was a bit tiny, but the overall suite space was perfect. It reminded me of a studio in NYC.

Even though I was only there for two nights, I would definitely stay again as it would be perfect for a longer trip. As another review said, the staff is not on hand 24/7 so you're left to fend for yourself a bit (which feeds the apartment building feel). The bed was SUPER cozy, there was tons of restaurants nearby (some of which deliver), and it was a short jog to the trail that ran along the water.

Adorable, and felt like home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jaeda K
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Nice little hotel, I would stay there again - no doubt! I had ground level room, even though I hate ground levels - room was pretty nice! There is no front desk 24/7, so you have to work their schedule, unfortunately!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Cherritta
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Nuvo Hotel Suites is a small, unassuming building within walking distance of many grocery stores, shops, bars, restaurants, the C-train, and the Saddledome. We chose it because it was less expensive than most of the other nearby accommodations. During our short overnight stay we were very impressed with the service we received. Although we had messed up our reservation, the receptionist was incredibly accommodating in every way and really went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. The rooms are very contemporary with fancy lighting, fully stocked kitchen facilities, neat bathroom, and huge TV. The huge window let in lots of light (although it looked out over the parking lot, so the view wasn't great).

Some small criticisms: the bed was very squeaky/noisy (for a couples' weekend away this was a bit awkward!). There was no good workspace setup to use a laptop other than sitting at the kitchen bar on a backless stool - not comfortable if we had had much business stuff to attend to.

We would definitely stay there again anytime we visit Calgary. Thanks for the lovely night, Nuvo!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank D L
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I have stayed in quite a few hotels and Nuvo Hotel Suites is by far the best. Affordable, extremely clean, wonderful rooms with full kitchen. The staff I had the pleasure to deal with (Monique and Paul) were very helpful, caring and polite. I would recommend Nuvo to everyone. This is the only hotel in Calgary I would ever stay at.
Jen T.