“Very nice stay...but paid too much?”

Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary
Ranked #62 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Very nice stay...but paid too much?”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Had a very nice stay actually, room was clean, one of the best showers I have every had in a hotel! Staff was very friendly and the kids liked the pool, a little small but did have a water slide and hot tub. My only beef was I booked the room for New Years Eve and paid $200 for the room, now I know that every hotel jacks up their price for this night and they absolutely should making a smart business move, I had no issue with paying that until I found out my friends who booked the same room as us the day of New Years Eve only paid $160! I booked 5 days before, I know its only $40 and I know prices fluctuate, but still ticked me off! Overall though I have nothing else to say bad about this hotel, and would recommend it for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
SPISCGY, Assistant Front Office Manager at Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Greg D,
Thank you for leaving a review. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the rate that you paid for your stay. There are times throughout the year that our rates do change but we always advise our guests upon booking. This being said we also have specials that are offered throughout the year some of which that are offered for a limited time only. We always welcome our guests to come and address any rate discrepancies with our Front Desk or Management Team while staying at the hotel. We can not guarantee that the rate will be changed for a guest but it can be beneficial to bring it to our attention so that in the least the reason for the rate you are paying can be explained to you.
I appreciate that you did mention this was the only thing that didn't make your stay as enjoyable, as you said that you were happy with the rest of your stay including the staff as well as the pool area.
We always enjoy hearing that our guests received a warm welcome and were able to take in the amenities that we have to offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Can't say enough positive about this hotel! The staff were exceptional and couldn't have been more accommodating! The only regret is that I didn't get the girls' names as they were extremely personable and helpful! Always met with a smile from the staff..Price was very reasonable, rooms, pool, hot tub and whole hotel was exceptionally clean and inviting....the hotel offered a shuttle service to and from our venue for the evening... no hassles or extra cost for taxis... stress-free evening! Rooms were perfect... tastefully decorated, beds extremely comfortable - had a great night's sleep after a fun filled night out..I highly recommend Service Plus Inn & Suites in Calgary!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Veecinda,
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your compliments about the staff as it is always wonderful to hear that they helped to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
We look forward to having you return again in the future and extending the same service as you received upon your last trip.
Vancouver BC Area, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Near the deer foot casino ok hot breakfast included with friendly staff on for breakfast. I like it when a hotel doesn't try to charge me for bottled water. Check in could be a little faster but I think it was because I booked it through the air canada site

• Stayed December 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights while we were waiting for our house to close. We got a room with two queen sized beds, total price taxes included were $312.12. When we first got into the room it kind of smelt like an old man, but a staff memeber who was cleaning rooms quickly sprayed it with air freshner.

It was alright, nothing amazing. We used the pool, I think its important to note that it is LESS THAN 2 METERS DEEP, so it would be great for kids, for adults, not so much.

We had to actually stay for a 3rd night, but were told the hotel was oversold, which I thought was weird for a Wed, but it seems like work crews stay here as during breakfast (which was OK, but not amazing) the dining room was packed and then large groups of people would leave on a bus.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
SPISCGY, Assistant Front Office Manager at Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear TMH T,
Thank You for leaving a review for the Service Plus Inns and Suites. We take all customer reviews very seriously. In your review you have mentioned that the hotel was alright but not amazing as well as the breakfast also to be OK but not amazing. However, you did not mention what you would consider to amazing. While our hot buffet breakfast includes items such as: Bacon, sausage, hash-browns, scrambles eggs, pancakes, muffins, cereals, oatmeal, fruits as well as gluten free products, we are always welcome to hearing from our guests that think we could make it better. We welcome new ideas especially from our valued guests as we strive to ensure they're are comfortable and all their needs are met during their stay with us here. I am sorry to hear that we may have not met your expectations but I encourage you to further explain what would make the hotel amazing as opposed to just alright.
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This hotel was very good. The room was very clean, front desk staff were courteous and attentive. There are lots of little extras here, but also some glaring ommissions. The room I was in (111) did not have a fridge. There is also no onsite food services. The pool are was nice, as was the business center. I would have no problems staying here again, however I found the beds a little to far on the firm side for my liking. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
SPISCGY, Assistant Front Office Manager at Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear Jayball99,
Thank You for your review. I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable. I am concerned however about your comment about your room not having a fridge. All of our rooms are equipped with a refrigerator, I looked into seeing if the one in the room you had mentioned was removed at any point but it does not appear to have been. I wonder if perhaps you just didn't see it. I hope that this will not keep you from coming back to stay with us again in the future. Unfortunately we do not have a full service restaurant on site but offer the breakfast to all our guests which I am happy to hear you enjoyed.
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I recently had an early morning appointment at the Calgary South Campus hospital on the day a wicked blizzard hit town. In order to be closer to the hospital I checked on Google Maps for a nearby hotel and happily came across the Service Plus Inns & Suites. Check-in was fast and efficient and we had a comfortable and clean room with a king-sized bed . It was a quiet location (at least until 5 a.m. when it seemed a lot of people were up and about opening and closing doors). Unfortunately, I was unable to have the free, hot breakfast offered but they appeared to have a good choice of food and there were a lot of people taking advantage of this service. This hotel is certainly one to consider if you are in this part of Calgary

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Aldergreen,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Service Plus Inns, we appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Perhaps on your next visit you will be able to enjoy our hot buffet breakfast. It is definitely something that you want to take advantage of while staying at the hotel.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We spent a night at this hotel and it was a very good experience. The staff were very friendly, helpful. The hotel had very clean rooms, sufficient parking, a decent fitness room and pool. As it was my first time staying at the hotel, I was given a complimentary coupon for a free room upgrade during my next visit ** kudos for doing that **. It is easily accessible to the Highway and it is definite my hotel option whenever I need to be in the Calgary South area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
SPISCGY, Assistant Front Office Manager at Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Ikee_21,
I am happy to hear that the Service Plus Inns will now be your preferred place to stay when visiting the city. We appreciate our guests and throughout the year have special packages and discounts or as you received coupons. I hope that you will come and stay with us soon and utilize your upgrade into one of our luxury suites.