“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #60 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Lacombe
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed in the king-jacuzzi suite. Thankfully the hotel was not busy as the room is right beside the elevator. The room was large and comfortable.

The breakfast was mediocre at best. I have stayed at many hotels with a serve-yourself breakfast and this was probably the weakest although I did appreciate that they had gluten-free choices. I would suggest to the hotel to revisit the eggs, have more staff on to clean up and fill things like the juice machine (all were empty) the hot food (bacon was empty) and the milk for cereal. This would not deter me from staying there again but I would probably go out for breakfast rather then eat there.

Room Tip: Ask where your jazuzzi suite is. Having gone for a romantic weekend, having a room right at the ele...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
SPISCGY, Assistant Front Office Manager at Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Jv88265
Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in the Jacuzzi Suite. However I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the breakfast that we offer to our guests, as you mentioned you felt it was mediocre and weak compared to others that you have experienced. We take reviews very seriously at the Service Plus Inns and welcome feedback from our guests as it is the best method for us to improve. Your comments have therefore been taken into great consideration. Your review stated that some of the items were low or had run out while you were in the breakfast room. I understand this frustrating as a guest; however our staff work very hard to replenish the items as soon as possible, unfortunately at busy times it can take a little bit longer for everything to be replenished. Aside from this you did not specify why the breakfast would be considered weak and we would like to welcome you to provide us more information so that we may continue to improve our services.
I am glad to hear that you will come to stay with us again and I hope that you will be willing to give the breakfast another try, we are currently in the process of making some changes to the breakfast room and you may find it different from your first experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Golden, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here several times, never disappointed! Front desk efficient & friendly. Tons of lighted parking and easy place to access. The entire property is well kept. I would highly recommend the place!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Dan M
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed with a ringette team from Winnipeg. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were always willing to go the extra mile for us. We had games all over the city but with the Deerfoot Trail close by getting anywhere was quick and easy. Excellent place for teams to stay! I would love to go back to Calgary for vacation and will stay at Service Plus Inns & Suites. All the stay is wonderful but Lorraine in particular is amazing. She was always willing to do anything to help the team! The rooms were comfortable, complimentary water each day was great for the players, very quiet at night giving us all a great nights sleep and a good breakfast each boring! Wonderful! I recommend any team or visitors to Calgary to stay here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
SPISCGY, Assistant Front Office Manager at Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear TEAM95,
Thank you for your extremely wonderful review. I enjoy hearing that our staff at the hotel goes the extra mile to ensure the comfort of all our guests. I will be sure to pass on to the upper management your kind words especially regarding Lorraine. She will be pleased as well to hear that you and your team enjoyed your stay.
I hope that you are able to come back to Calgary at some point for something other that a tournament. We have promotions and packages offered year round from our hotel and as you know are more than happy to send you in the direction of some great attractions this city has to offer.
You and your team are always welcome back, it was a pleasure to have you all here.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Great! depending on where your business is in the city of course. It couldn't have been better for us. We went to a show at the Deerfoot Casino, Literally across the street. it was cheaper, cleaner and more convenient, when price/parking etc is factored in. Had a nice jacuzzi room w/ king size bed for mid-100$'s. Friendly, helpful staff. Nothing extravagant, but clean comfortable and affordable. it is in a business park and other then Deerfoot trail, I think its just a business park with the casino near. so you'll need a car as taxi and transit are not a great option here. Maybe 20 min drive from Stampede grounds & Downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear BobbyK47,
Thank you for leaving a review for us. It is wonderful to hear such good feedback from our guests, this helps us to know we are doing our job right.
The Deerfoot Inn and Casino is our sister hotel and I am happy to hear you were able to take in some wonderful entertainment while staying here with us.
Unfortunately you are correct that the transit at this end of the city can be a little unaccommodating however the city of Calgary is expanding further public transit down this way.
I trust that you will come and stay with us again whether for another event hosted next door or perhaps to take advantage of one of our many promotions and packages that we offer directly through our hotel.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We Stayed at the service plus inns & suites for our first ever trip to canada ( june 2013 ) for 11 nights while visiting family in calgary. On arrival from the uk we were greeted with a smile by the friendly reception staff who welcomed us and showed us to our room. The room was comfortable clean & spacious.We received complimentary water bottles. Tea and coffee also refilled daily.Breakfast was lovely with a good choice of cereal,fruit or cooked food.The pool/gym,area also very well maintained.my daughter went swimming most days. During our holiday & stay the calgary floods started. The hotel started to become very busy filling with people who had lost everything in the floods. my heart went out to each and every one of them. I met some truly amazing people and heard some heart wrenching storys.The staff as busy as they were remained exceptional. Helping us with any questions we had. I would highly recommend calgary inn and suites to all.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Lisa m,
I am very glad to hear that your first time to our wonderful Country you were able to stay with us at the Service Plus Inns and Suites and were able to see first hand the wonderful and accommodating service this country has to offer. It pleases me to know that your first impression of Canada came from your stay with us and it sounds like it was a good one.
You did come at a very unfortunate time for many locals as well as surrounding areas as you probably noticed we really band together in such times as a community to get through it. However I am extremely happy to hear that despite this event your stay and service were not altered in any way and that despite the number of people in the hotel at that time, you and your family enjoyed every day being here.
I hope that one day you will come to see us again and of course receive the same outstanding service as your previous stay.
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The Service Plus Inns & Suites in Calgary is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. We were greeted at check in by a very friendly staff member. My kids were presented with a welcome pack full of glow sticks, coloring books, crayons and more. The room was spacious and clean. We received complimentary water bottles, treats, pop and popcorn. The pool area was clean and my kids had a blast on the water slide. The breakfast in the morning was very delicious. All you could ask for in a hot breakfast. We booked the Winter Getaway package. We got a hotel stay and four passes to the Calgary zoo for $169. Very affordable. They even threw in an extra zoo pass cause we needed 5. Awesome place to stay. I will definitely be coming back!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear AmberB,
Thank you for leaving such a kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our spectacular winter packages as well as the hot buffet breakfast and pool.
We offer several different packages throughout the year and hope that you and your family will come and join us again soon. Keep your eyes open for some great upcoming spring and summer promotions!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stay here as much as possible when I am in Calgary due to convenient location for my needs. Hopefully their rates will stay affordable and I will stay here every trip...The STaff at this hotel are EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Blueroses2
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. I am happy to hear that you always receive excellent service when staying with us.
We look forward to having you join us again soon.
Keep an eye out for special promotional rates and packages this year, we have a lot to offer.