“This is 2-3 stars hotel without service”

Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary
Ranked #63 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 2 January 2011

If you are on the one&two days business trip and location outsite of Calgary(SE) work for you, than this hotel would be ok . But if you stay longer and need some service from the hotel, than this hotel can't offer you good service. A lot of people staying in this hotel longer than ten days(a lot of companies near hotel) , but there is no laundry service. Because I come from Europe, I asked for credit in canadian dollars, the answer was just 'no'. Ussualy hotels just charge guest credit card plus 5-10%. Breakfast just poor.. This is 2-3 stars hotel without service.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Zuoz
SPISCGY, Front Office Manager at Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2011

Zuoz, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with meaningful feedback regarding your recent stay at the Service Plus Inn and Suites. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced and take this moment to respond to your feedback. We are a 3.5 star rating as the hotel doesn’t offer a restaurant facility, our sister hotel the Deerfoot Inn and Casino across the way offers a full service restaurants, which our guests are welcome to use with shuttle service available. I am not certain regarding your concern with laundry service, but we do offer same day dry cleaning and laundry service at the hotel. Unfortunately regarding the Canadian cash request, we are unable to provide cash back to our guests as part of the terms and condition with the credit companies in Canada; this is beyond our control as a hotel to decide on this matter.
I wish to invite you back and experience our hotel, feel free to contact us at any point.

Aj Lifshits
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 29 October 2010

This hotel quoted one room rate for our group and then assigned half of my group more expensive rooms to apparently pad a bill or make use of rooms they could not rent out to others. They refused to discuss the issue and even negotiate with me regarding my concern. It cost our group several hundred dollars by taking them at face value. I/our group will never stay there again and will recommend to related organizations not to list them as a potential place for others to stay for conferences.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Griz5406
SPISCGY, Front Office Manager at Service Plus Inns & Suites Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2010

Good day,

Thank you for expressing your concern. I would like to take this moment to apolagize that the response time to your concern was not as pormpt as it should have been. Our Hotels guideline is to contact every one within 72 hours. As you might already know your concern was adressed and corrected to satisfaction.

Aj Lifshits
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 30 August 2010

We chose this hotel for our final night due to the location to Calgary International Airport, however was most impressed with the room and facilities. We booked a family suite, so the children had bunk beds in a separate bedroom, there was a king in the main bedroom and kitchen facilities including fridge, sink, coffee machine, microwave, toaster and dishes. The room was very clean and had all the nice touches - shampoo, conditioner, lotions and even chocloates and bottles of water on the bedside table. There was a complimentary hot buffet breakfast and probably the children's favourite, a pool and waterslide! Excellent value for money!

1  Thank ljmac28
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Ask me what I thought of this hotel and would I ever stay there again. Never ever ever.
I stayed a Friday and Saturday night. The noise from the other rooms was so loud I thought it could only be paper thin walls. I've never stayed in such a noisy place. It seemed that the teenage boys staying next door, were jumping on the beds and slamming into the walls. The noise seemed come from every wall in our room. This started about about 11 and continued until at least three. They also ran up and down the halls. Saturday night same thing on they added the radio.
I thought of complaining but I figured like some complaints it would fall on deaf ears or by the time they came to investigate the noise would be over.
Then to add to our worse stay ever, the house keeping was atrocious. They never bothered to give us clean glasses. On Saturday night, we had to wash out the glasses we used the night before. Left over pop in each of them. Brutal.
Last the so called hot breakfast. We watched as they took pre-cooked bacon from a plastic bag then popped it in a microwave before bringing it out for the guests. The sausages were white, also heated in the microwave. Yummy.
My recommendation is FIND ANOTHER HOTEL. They have lots of family hotels in Calgary. Why put yourself through what I went through.

3  Thank ladydiedm
Reviewed 29 August 2010

The front desk staff was helpful, but the housekeeping was bad. The first day our room was cleaned, they failed to replace the bathmat, coffee creamer for the morning, no shampoo and garbage pail not cleaned out. The beds are hard and the pillows were like sleeping on bricks. We had to stay 3 nights and never got comfortable in the beds. The location suited our purpose of our trip,(a funeral) but would never stay here for holiday.

1  Thank bailey200908
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I have to give a strong recommendation to Service Plus. Some of the facilities were unimpressive (the gym only had one working treadmill and elliptical and kind of a sad excuse for a weight machine) but overall the service quality was extremely high. I arrived extremely early, many hours before check-in, but Lindsay, the super-helpful (and super-cute) girl at the checkin desk worked magic to get me in a room so I could get some much needed sleep. Later in the week when my plans changed, Lindsay also changed my booking with no hassle and no cost.

The rooms were not super-luxurious, but very good value for the price and comfortable. The internet was pretty slow, but possibly due to the poker tournament that was in town (poker players use the internet a lot). Overall if you need to be in this section of Calgary, the SP is a great bargain with very friendly and hospitable service.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank akqjt
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Came to Calgary to take two young kids to the zoo for the weekend. Wanted a hotel with a pool and not much more, but this hotel was a lot better than what we were planning on doing. The family suites here are amazing. Kids loved the bunk beds, and we were able to get them to bed at a reasonable time, and use the living room to watch TV or play cards without disturbing them. Rooms were a good size. Plus, the breakfast was much better than expected - a great way to start the day with a mixture of hot and cold items. Pool / hotel was clean in general. There's really nothing in the area you can walk to, but it's very close to highway 2, making it easy to get around to any other part of Calgary. Plus there's shopping nearby. It's worth visiting the hotel website, the photos are very accurate as to what you can expect. Highly recommended for families of young kids.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family