“Don't even waste your time” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: Sunnyside
Calgary, Canada
“Don't even waste your time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

BAD food.
BAD BAD environment
BAD BAD BAD attitude from the staff.

How on earth the place is still open is a miracle. I hate to say it but this is one business that deserves to go under before any other poor unsuspecting souls waste their hard earned money here. Shameful

• Visited March 2013
7 Thank anderses

Vancouver, Canada
“Yeah, the customer service approach is lacking, but it is made up in the menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Being a vegan, only in the city for business a handful of times a year, this place is one of the few places I can actually go to and trust that I can get a vegan meal, no questions asked (except for if I want it gluten free, too!) I have received my fair share of attitude from the owner, who has a definite "my way or the highway" kind of approach, but there are some serious gems on the menu (their london fogs, the french toast, and raw enchiladas keep me coming back time and time again). Some items do lean on the expensive side of the spectrum, but really, how much can you expect from a grilled cheese?! Think about what you're ordering and what you get value from.

If you have an open mind, and can let some water roll off your back, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the experience. The space is charming, with an ongoing "garage sale" up front, little games to play, and a general openness despite the small space.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank meganonatrailer
Calgary
“Gratitude ..... really?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

I agree with all the latest reviews, and to be honest can't see a lot of "Gratitude". Don't like writing bad reviews, and have only eaten here twice, but each time, the owner was barking across either at staff or behind the backs of previous customers. Agree with "Live_Life_Big" as it is a shame, Calgary does need more good vegie restaurants and the food isn't bad here, but the "Gratitude" Cafe is an "ungracious" experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank canadianaussie707
Calgary, Canada
“Attitude, attitude, attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Wow - I won't be back here again. Food might be OK, but I don't need to be subjected to the kind of attitude from the people who seem to run this place.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank readytoretirecalgary
Regina, Canada
“Skip this place - poor service, below average food, expensive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

Being vegetarian for 33 years, I was excited to try this place out. I was very disappointed however.

From the confusing menu, limited selection, poor quality and OVERPRICED!!! It cost us over $50.00 and I had grilled cheese!!! For $50.00 our grilled cheese should be spectacular - this was average, if that.

The service was not pleasant. They make you feel like a huge inconvenience (I had read this in other reviews as well, and it's true!!), no smiles, not friendly, no suggestions -just grumpy.

I expect to be impressed when I eat out, or at least eat something that I don't prepare at home. They would not accommodate my allergy - which I really found odd, as we fine dine a lot, and these meat-based restaurants regularly go out of their way to not only accommodate my vegetarianism, but also my allergy.

This restaurant has a great opportunity to target a large vegetarian market in meat dominated Alberta, but unfortunately they do a very poor job.

Go to the Coup instead -it's fantastic.

• Visited November 2012