“Terrible service, very dissapointed!”
Review of Lemongrass

Lemongrass
Ranked #480 of 3,546 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Calgary, Canada
“Terrible service, very dissapointed!”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My daughter and I ate here a few days ago while looking for a new Vietnamese restaurant to try. I've been a fan of Vietnamese food for years and have tried many places in Calgary so I think I have a good idea of decent Vietnamese food. Although the food itself was alright, it was nothing to rave about. The spring rolls in particular were aweful and burnt. The "coconut" rice that we paid extra for tasted like regular rice. The portion was not that large considering the price and I don't think the quality was that good for the extra money. I've eaten in some hole in the wall places that were much better.

My biggest dissapointment with this place was the terrible service. Once seated, we waited 10 minutes for anyone to come by to offer us a drink. We had all 3 servers walk by our table numerous times before someone stopped. The place is not that big and it was NOT full. Once we ordered, they messed up on the order which happens but I asked for one extra sauce, they brought 2 and then charged us for it. I think the waitress knew we were unhappy and once we finished eating, she brought the bill and didn't even ask us how anything was or if we wanted anything else. I rarely don't leave a tip but I really didn't feel it was derserving so I paid and left. I'm always looking for restaurants for meetings and I will happily pass this one up next time. I don't like to be made to feel like a restaurant doesn't apprciate business. With a Vietnamese place springing up on every corner, there's many better options out there.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank FluffyBunnyFeet

calgary, alberta
“Great food for a low price”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I can't complain at all about this place. Great food, Great service and usually fast to get a table, even during the lunch rush.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank world_observer_9
Calgary
“What a surprise in an otherwise grubby strip mall..”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Stopped here for a business lunch with a colleaugue and was VERY pleasantly surprised.

Food quality is above average, menu is larger than i expected - and it included two pages of gluten-free menu items.

Had the red curry chicken stir fry - just spicy enough to be interesting, as well as the shrimp rolls with peanut sauce.

All the food seemed very freshly prepared, and the seating area was spacious, clean and bright.

This was a very pleasant surprise in the Vietnamese food market place .... will be back!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Kottbullar
Calgary
“Delicious !”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Stopped by here for a late supper tuesday night and I was surprised to see the place was full. Obviously this is a popular dining spot for Vietnamese food!
My husband and I ordered a satay soup and I had the brisket soup and shared a salad roll starter. Very nice workers who were quick to get us a table and service was very good. We enjoyed our soup and glad they do not use MSG in their food.
We will now come here instead of driving long distances to find great food.
We will be back again !

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Wishbones
“Delicious and Easy”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Lemongrass boasts a large range of Vietnamese and Vietnamese inspired cuisine. We've eaten here nearly 40 times now and we've never been disappointed. The staff is friendly and recognizes the regulars. Take out is also easy and delicious. Overall, highly recommended!

1 Thank Russian_Heath