“Great service and fantastic location”
Review of The Westin Calgary

The Westin Calgary
Ranked #27 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Stayed there for New Year's Eve and I love this hotel for the fantastic location. Eau Claire market is a block away. Valet parking is a bit more pricey than self parking but the service is outstanding and so convenient. Only 1 robe in the room. In room coffee was good. Flat screen tv was great. Bed was amazing and the linen was heavenly. Room was very clean. Free wifi. In room safe great to have. I will stay here agin. Love having Starbucks in the hotel as well and a Goodlife fitness down the block. My only wish would be to improve the hotel gym, but this is a common issue for me. Gym had 3 treadmills, 2 elliptical trainers some light free weights and one bench in a different room and one old obsolete universal gym.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,501)

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I had traveled to Calgary for a Company Christmas Party and was impressed to see we were put up at the Westin. When we arrived the gentleman to greet people were so very charming and friendly. As soon as walk in the Hotel you smell this amazing sent that calms you. And that was really the feeling throughout the stay. I was put up in the Starwood Preferred tower (Great for avid travelers!) and it was incredible! My room was so comfortable and spacious.
Breakfast the next morning was delightful! I had met with Colleagues and there had been a gentleman who had many complaints about the food, and the staff and the management were so fantastic in seeing that all his concerns and issues were dealt with. We were really not sure what there was to complain about as the food was hot, fresh and delicious but it was still nice to see the staff be so efficient when it came to a complaint.

Great Locations, Staff was wonderful, would come back to this hotel the next time I am in Calgary!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I stayed at the Westin Calgary as the hotel was the hotel selected to host a business conference of my profession. The Westin Calgary certainly was a very good choice to selected as the hotel.

The check in and check out process of the front desk and the staff were exemplary, quick yet informative and most of all friendly.

In terms of room service food, the choices were standard fare (i.e. hamburger, fries and a side salad) yet very tasty and quick to arrive at my room.

The hotel room was quite adequate in terms of work space and comfort as I was able to quite be productive in working in my room.

The hotel is located centrally downtown and right next to the Keg Steakhouse and Bar and a short walking distance to Ki Japanese Restaurant. However as I was on a business conference the meals were catered and prepared by the Westin Hotel kitchen. To that end the meals and service were all great. I only mentioned the nearby restaurants as a option as the convenient location of the hotel makes dining easy.

I would highly recommend staying at the Westin Calgary for business as it offers a good location for the business traveler.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Rooms are always great and beds are very comfortable.
Rooms also clean.
However, they offer no free wi-fi. Even the Motel 6 offers free wi-fi. Seeing as how the Westin caters more so to the business sector, it should be complimentary.
You can request New Balance fitness clothes twice and a bit for the price of Internet for the day.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank merkadez
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Nice hotel and good staff but be aware they spray their "scent" into the air everywhere. I find I have asthma attacks frequently when staying here. The lobby and the rooms are where it is most prominent. I asked and they told me it is their "scent". I suggested they change this in an age of many people being sensitive to scents but it was not something that they were flexible on with the exception of you could ask for your room not to be sprayed. I find the beds uncomfortable and find my back is sore after every stay. We often stay here for competitions for Irish dance.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CanadianM0m_2
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Dear CanadianMOm_2

Thank you for taking the time to post on tripadvisor.

I am sorry to hear about your uncomfortable experience during your stay. The smell in our lobby is actually our signature White tea & aloe scent. This is a hotel standard for many of our properties and I apologize that this caused you to suffer from asthma attacks.

In the meantime, may I request that you contact my assistant Andrea.Fernando-Morris@westin.com.

If there is anything I can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Be well.

Didier Luneau, General Manager

Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

We loved this hotel. Easy check in, great rooms, comfortable beds, free parking and WiFi. Would stay here again and recommend others to stay here. Friends we were staying with loved it so much they booked an extra night.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank PerthieGirl
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Trying to find parking in downtown Calgary for a pickup truck is challenging, so I can't fault The Westin too much for no parking nearby. The shower was...open European concept for lack of a better term. Basically, there was no shower door or curtain, so all the water went on the bathroom floor if you weren't careful. The beds are always extremely comfortable and rooms are always clean and quiet.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple