“Great stay....”
Review of The Westin Calgary

The Westin Calgary
Ranked #26 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The Westin is a great spot. Good location right downtown, it's nice to have the Keg right downstairs. I'm not really a fan of Franchise joints, but you know what you're getting. Their lobby bar is nice and has a good wine selection. The staff are always friendly and accomodating. The rooms are always clean. The place has good ammenities. I love the pool and fitness room and the Spa services are top notch.

One drawback is the breakfast at Essence. Not great. Bland and standard fare. You're better off going out to one of the great downtown breakfast joints like Diner Deluxe or OEB Breakfast Co.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BrWayne
TWC_Westin_GM, Director of Food & Beverage at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Hello BrWayne,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback on your recent experience here at The Westin – we thank you for visiting!

I would like to apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations with regard to our breakfast buffet in Essence. I am wondering if you wouldn’t mind sending me a personal email Michael.bitcon@westin.com to go into some more detail in order to identify where we can improve.

Thank you again and stay well!

Michael Bitcon, Director of Food & Beverage

There are newer reviews for The Westin Calgary

Reviewed 20 April 2013

What you would expect from a Westin...albeit rooms are a little compact for US travelers. Good Westin beds and
pillows for a restful sleep. This hotel seems to cater mostly to business folks. The adjacent KEG
Restaurant was fantastic - best prime rib I have had in ages! A nice walk to most places during our
stay and Calgary was an pleasant town to visit. Staff was courteous and friendly - would visit again. (careful of
adjacent construction that seems will go on for awhile...we had to ask for room change to other side
of hotel)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank asiacali
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The Westin was comfortable and the staff were very accommodating. We had afternoon coffee at Starbucks downstairs and then ate dinner at the Keg restaurant next door. After walking the streets in -22deg C, the Keg was very inviting to go for a meal (see my review on the Keg). Plenty of shopping near by and you can use the 15 or just walk at street level to get around.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coop2153
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Coop2153,

Thank you for your post on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that your stay was comfortable and that our Westin associates took care of you. I hope you enjoyed your coffee at Starbuck and shopping in the city.

Be well

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We booked into this hotel 2 weeks ago, for Friday and Saturday Night, and left the following morning on Sunday. April 5-7. Before this stay I had never stayed with the Westin, but I have to say that I was immediately impressed from the moment I walked into the lobby. It looked classy and very modern. The staff were very polite and professional. Our room was on the 14th floor. I believe we were in a deluxe king room. I wasn't so sure about the shower at first, as it was a walk-in. But overall the room was very clean and tidy. The pool area with the weight rooms were out standing! everything you need there. It's an upscale hotel with a comfortable feeling to it. I loved the Westin so much, I've booked a room in the Edmonton Location for Next weekend for another occasion. I would recommend the Westin to everyone. The Radisson was my favorite until now.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jamie L,

Thank you for posting comments about the memorable experience you had.

Our goal is to make sure our guests leave happier and feeling better than when they arrived.
I am delighted to hear that you were impressed from the moment you walked into the lobby, to the cleanliness of the room to the oustanding pool and Westin Workout area.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Be well

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This was my first trip alone and I had a few "hiccups" that were completely my fault. The front desk staff were gracious and courteous and patient. I was upgraded to a tower room for my birthday and all the staff were so friendly and helpful, they truly made my stay a wonderful experience. The breakfast buffet and the Keg dinner were extremely delicious. The room was clean and cozy. Any requests I made to the housekeeping staff were dealt with right away and they were so friendly and I had a lovely chat with one of the housekeepers while she cleaned my room. When I checked out, the doorman even tried to flag down a public bus for me because the airport shuttle was late. I felt as though I was an appreciated guest as the entire staff during my stay went above and beyond to make my experience at the Westin wonderful. I will most definitely be back and would highly recommend the Westin Calgary!
Kristine Oliver
Langley, BC

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear KristineOliver,

Thank you for posting the wonderful experience you had. It brings me great comfort to know that our staff went above and beyond to make your experience memborable and that you felt appreciated.

Hope to see you soon!

Be well.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Rooms are not necessarily as big as one would expect but they are still comfortable. Amenities are nice. Having a small Sturbacks store and counting with The Keg are certainly two assets. The Westin staff is highly attentive.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Had an amazing experience staying here. One staff member, Hugh, was very helpful and friendly! I highly recommend that you hire more staff like him if you want people to receive the same calibre of service that he gave me. I would stay again and recommend this hotel to others as well! Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo