“very good location”

Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Frankfurt, Germany
“very good location”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

4 nights and a relaxing time. Good for a weekend away and also a good business base. Check in was not the smoothest I have experienced at SPG and a room directly over the enterence Canopy had to be changed. Certainly to be returned

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard F
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear Richard F,

Thank you for your post!

I am happy to hear that you had a relaxing four days. We hope you were able to take advantage of our extended breakfast hours on the weekend and late check out on Sunday.

I apologize for any disapontment with your checkin but glad to hear that we were able to accomodate your room move.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Be well

Didier Luneau, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Well I stayed at the Westin Calgary located at 320 4th Ave SW, Calgary AB on April 20th, 2013 for 1 night. I lost my Blue tooth ear piece in the hotel room and it has not been seen since. We checked in right as soon as we got in the room the A/C didn't work so I called the Guest Services their excuse was this is an older hotel so you either have heat or AC. I was on the 15th Floor and a friend was on the 4th Floor and they had AC and Heat whenever they wanted it. I asked for 2 fans they did not show up so I called back after 2 hours and they finally sent the Fans up, the Fan in the room for the heat or a/c didn't even work. I went to use the toilet and almost fell off onto the floor as the back of the seat was broken, I tried to weigh myself on the digital scales they had for customers to use in the room they didn't work!!!!!!! As we were attending the Annual Charity Ball I went up to my room to get something and there was a maintenance man in my room he was putting a fridge in our room. I called the Guest Services again and told them that we did not order a fridge ??????? The Fridge remained in our room and I think we put some pop in it so it wasn't a total waste of energy !!!!!!!!

The Valet's were FANTASTIC courteous on time very professional I give them a 10 out of 10. The Guest Relation's people at the Desk Very Professional and Respectful they also get a 10 out of 10........ We have stayed at the hotel in the past many times and if anything I would say the HOTEL is getting worse.... The staff have always been respectful and professional the HOTEL IT'S SELF just have to be more on top of things and have the cleaning staff and supervisor's be more on top of these problems. As for my Blue Tooth Device I don't know how it could just disappear very very strange if you ask me. Think about it???! Would I stay there again?? I hope to next year but I really hope things have improved by our next visit.

Room Tip: The higher floors I think are better you don't hear the noise from the streets and it is worth t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kerry G
Dear Kerry G,

It was a pleasure speaking with you over the phone regarding your experience.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you again!

Warm Regards,

Didier Luneau. General Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Reception is always congested at this hotel. Check-in is never quite as simple as it is at other properties so no change on this visit. 12-20 people trying to get checked in, No spg line attendant etc, no real 'welcome' experience.

Aside from that, Westin Beds are always perfection. Rooms are gorgeous, perfect set up to do business and location is perfectly accessible to some of the best shopping in Calgary. Room Service and the Keg Steakhouse downstairs both offer offer exceptional food choices.

The bonus on this trip - Damon at the front desk was so kind, caring and attentive he made me forget about the lengthy check in wait time and my other issues.

Overall, a 4 trip that I am rating a 5 solely on the strength of this one employee who made this visit so pleasant. Because of him, I will definitely choose to return to the Westin

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HotelDeeDee
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We live in Calgary, but decided to have a stay-cation last week. We stayed at the Westin for two nights and were not disappointed. Check-in was easy and fast; the rooms were clean, cozy and quiet; valet parking was quick and convenient (and the guys who helped us were awesome); check out was completely pain-free. Pool and facilities were great.

We have vowed to stay the Westin again, and we will recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: We had a room facing south (towards the street; but it was quiet); however if we stay again, we'...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurinska
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Centrally placed in down-town Calgary the Westin offers very comfortable accommodation and access to the business centre. The rooms are always clean and the beds really comfortable which is a must on those dark winter nights.

The Keg is a good restaurant considering it is a franchise style. The food is good and the ambience quiet and comfortable. Wine selection is good and service attentive but not overpowering. Make sure you book though as other people know about this place.

One aspect which prevented me giving 5 stars was room service which was both expensive and of medium quality. At first glance the food is reasonable, then comes all the add on! Delivery $4, a service charge of $8 and tax and the extras contribute an additional 30% to the meal. Oh yes and of course you are always asked if you want to leave a gratuity as well ! Avoid the side order of seasonal veggies as this consisted of 4 pieces of vegetable on a plate smaller than a blackberry.

Room Tip: The rear rooms are quieter away from 4th street
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CaptJH
Toronto
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Each time I stay here I say that I am going to come back and I do. Like most Westins, this one is comfy and clean. The staff are very accomodating and make you feel welcomed. A Keg Steakhouse is attached and the mall is within walking distance. I even got free internet and North American calling without asking. I will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are more quiet as there is construction going on now at the back.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank thaurbangypsy
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The Westin is a great spot. Good location right downtown, it's nice to have the Keg right downstairs. I'm not really a fan of Franchise joints, but you know what you're getting. Their lobby bar is nice and has a good wine selection. The staff are always friendly and accomodating. The rooms are always clean. The place has good ammenities. I love the pool and fitness room and the Spa services are top notch.

One drawback is the breakfast at Essence. Not great. Bland and standard fare. You're better off going out to one of the great downtown breakfast joints like Diner Deluxe or OEB Breakfast Co.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BrWayne
TWC_Westin_GM, Director of Food & Beverage at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Hello BrWayne,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback on your recent experience here at The Westin – we thank you for visiting!

I would like to apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations with regard to our breakfast buffet in Essence. I am wondering if you wouldn’t mind sending me a personal email Michael.bitcon@westin.com to go into some more detail in order to identify where we can improve.

Thank you again and stay well!

Michael Bitcon, Director of Food & Beverage