“Great location”
Review of The Westin Calgary

The Westin Calgary
Ranked #26 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I love this hotel. The staff are exceptionally polite and accommodating. Great facilities. Great location. Only 4 blocks to the Eaton Centre shopping mall. Handy for everywhere. 15 minutes from the airport. Starbucks next door.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,490)

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We had stayed in Westin in the past, and children were excited about the mirror mounted LCD TV in the washroom, so decided to stay this time on our trip to Waterton. The location is great for a comfortable stay in downtown.The standard room we stayed this time was small and so is the washrooms and seemed to be overpriced for the room type . The rooms were clean and quite, breakfast buffet and omlet bar were good. We were provided with free wifi and the check in and valet service were quite efficient and hotel staff were pleasant.
Children were disappointed not to see the TV in the washrooms this time which was a great attraction for them during our last stay in a bigger room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SJ0hn
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear SJ0hn,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback. We are happy that you chose to stay with us again on your trip to Waterton and hope you and your family enjoyed yourselves.

I am sorry that your children missed seeing the LCD TV in the mirror in our Corner Suites. May I please request that you contact Andrea Fernando-Morris at andrea.fernando-morris@westin.com to discuss your experience.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Very Reasonable prices considering its central situation in Downtown Calgary.
Although Calgary is not especially interesting in yerma of visiting, this hotel is a very good option to stay in downtown before or after a visit to the incredible National Parks in the Rockies.

Rooms are big and very confortable.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan D
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I had several options to choose from when trying to decide on a hotel in downtown Calgary. I have stayed at Westin's before and was always satisfied so decided this would probably be a good choice. The location is great, right downtown. They have just finished a 35 million dollar renovation to the entire hotel and it shows. My room , although smaller in size then I would like was workable and so was the bathroom. Very modern & high-end finishings. My remote for the TV died and needed new batteries. I called the xpress service and it wasn't more then 5 minutes and someone was at my door with a new remote. Check-in was quick as well and all staff were very accommodating. What I really liked about this hotel was that The Keg Steakhouse is in the hotel and can be also accessed from outside. The waitress charged my bill to the room so no hassle at all. Part of the building outside also houses a Starbuck's and a Tim Horton's is one block away. There was also an organic healthy restaurant inside called Essence with really nice options for breakfast etc. What I love most about Westin Hotels is their Heavenly sleep mattresses that they are known for. It is the only hotel where I can get a solid nights sleep because the bed is SO comfortable. Worth the extra money you pay to stay at The Westin.
I booked on Priceline and saved $50 off the room compared to Expedia.
I didn't give this hotel a perfect score just because I felt the room size could have been a little larger but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dana0331
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Dana0331,

Thank you for sharing your experience and your comments about our accomodating staff. I am happy that you were able to try the restaurants at the hotel and try our Superfoods menu at Essence. We love that you love our Heavenly bed and take comfort knowing that Westin's are the only hotels that give you a solid nights sleep!

Be well and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Negatives: No hot tub. No spa services. No breakfast included with the room. No happy hour or cocktail/wine reception. No free wi-fi. No refrigerator. No outlets near the bed. No tub, which is usually fine, but I really wanted to soak my tweaked back this trip.

Positives: complimentary bottled water in room was great after traveling. Bed super comfy. Robe provided. Stylish ambience. Breakfast buffet and omelet bar was really good and served fresh squeezed oj (for $27 before tip). Plenty of soap, shampoo, AND conditioner. Focused on being "green" with recycle bins and the option to trade housekeeping for points. Very good location.

2  Thank J F
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear J F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feeback.

First I am sorry to hear about your back and hope you are feeling better. Our rooms in the Tower building do have bathtubes as well as mini portable refrigerators available to guests upon request. I am sorry if this was not communicated to you and for any inconvenience.

Complimentary wifi is available in the Lobby area, Lounge as well as in Starbucks.

We do not have a Heavenly Spa but do have alternate options available for our guests including in-room massage. Heavenly Spa experiences include soothing paraffin foot and hand treatments, oil massages, and facials to help our guets relax and recharge.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I have shared all of your comments with our teams.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I was lucky to be upgraded to an executive suite for my two night stay. I couldn't have felt more spoiled. The room came with slippers, bathrobes, I had a tv in the bathroom mirror, a sitting area and some snacks including complimentary bottles of water, an orange, almonds and dried apricots. It was so much fun! Also, I can't say enough about the staff. Everyone was incredibly friendly! Thank you Westin.

1  Thank honeymooninparis123

Dear honeymooninparis123,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your experience. It brings me great pleasure to know that our staff took care of you and that you had so much fun! Thank you for all of your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Be Well

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Just held an event at this hotel and the catering staff was excellent. The rooms were very comfortable as well. The gym was a bit disappointing in that there was not a lot of equipment and it was small. They do have an in door pool.

I would stay here again.

1  Thank Alice W
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Schm00py,

I am delighted to hear that your event went excellent and that you had a comfortable stay! At the end of the month, we will have two additional treadmills and with this enhancement, we hope that our guests will be able to maintain their regular fitness routine improving their overall experience at The Westin Calgary.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback.