“We be back!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Drayton Valley, Canada
“We be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Great location down town , near the river for a walk before and after supper. Streets not busy in the evening . Just a little stupid busy when everyone is getting off around 4 when we arrived ! Nice rooms with like 1200 thread count sheets, awesome feeling! The room we had was 902 , over looking the river and the other room we had was 908 , but this one was over looking the main street,been here 4 times now and never been disappointed yet!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dvkevin
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Dear Dvkevin,

Welcome Back! Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that our signature Westin Heavenly Bed® made you feel awesome!

See you again soon!

Didier Luneau, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Woodbridge, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

A very luxurious, clean, and centrally located hotel. Rooms are very up to date and modern. Parking is in the public Impark run parking garage around back - a tight squeeze getting in and out, but seems to be the norm with downtown hotel parking.

I'd forgotten my Starwoods card, hadn't stayed in one for many years, but Cheyanne persevered and found my records and ensured I got my points. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank theteflonpm
Fernie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Had a fabulous stay at the Westin Calgary recently. Wonderful service. Lovely modern main areas. Pool with a great view was great for the children. We were upgraded to the tower with the pool and found the rooms to be lovely and spacious (albeit in an older building) and a fun city street view. The Keg was located right in the hotel and food and service was excellent. Starbucks is also right in the hotel for morning coffee. Can't speak highly enough of how well we were looked after. Thanks Val at front desk and especially for the cookies and milk. What a lovely touch!

Room Tip: Rain shower bathrooms are updated, but are extremely small.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank snowgirl209
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear snowgirl209,

I am delighted to hear you had a fabulous stay and wonderful service during your visit!

Thanks for sharing on Tripadvisor.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I was there for three nights and the overall experince was excellent. One good thing is they care for envirment and for that incentives are there. Breakfast spreads were excellent. Rooms very well done and above all Starbucks Coffe in the room. great experince !!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank aloknandan
Dear aloknandan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great experience. It is nice to hear that you noticed our care for the environment and programs we have in place for the hotel and our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and Starbucks too!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Took a team to run in the Calgary Marathon weekend. We checked in with a lot of other guest, so it was busy a long line up. But a hotel employee was giving out bottles of water and assures us it won't be long. Then I got an upgrade to my room for no reason. Room was very spacious, heavenly king size bed was true to its name. Conveniently located downtown close to ctrain and running path.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Penelope C
Newfoundland and Labrador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for my first trip to Calgary. I often stay at the Westin in Ottawa but although extremely similar, this hotel definitely has a Calgary feel, especially with the doormen with their cowboy hays. I arrived at about 10:30 am after a very long journey and waa not expecting to be given a room, but checkin was quick and I immediately had a king bed room with the lovely Westin tiled shower given to me. What a pleasant surprise!

The room itself was smaller than the same room in Ottawa and the view was not pleasant, but the bed was extremely comfortable. I used room service several times and the food and delivery times were excellent. There is a liquor store very close if you want to save the cost of wine from in room dining. The fridge was very handy to keep milk for coffee and the water bottles that they provide you daily for free.

I ate breakfast twice at the buffet restaurant in the lobby which was standard fare but good. The service was not great on my second trip, with the server rushing me and my guest and not being pleasant about a request for more coffee. Had a meeting in the lobby bar and found it quite nice. Hotel staff was always helpful and pleasant except for the one occasion when I returned after a long day of meetings and a long walk back to the hotel. I was looking forward to the iced lemon water they keep in the lobby, and when I got there, it had been changed to some other drink. When I went to get a glass, I was rudely told this was for convention or some other guests that would be coming shortly. I found this awkward and embarrassing. Surely the Westin could have let me have a tiny glass so as to not have a guest feel this way, especially where it was the same container and the same place as something complementary!

Overall, this hotel certainly meets or exceeds the Westin standards and I would not hesitate to stay here again should I find myself in Calgary. I found the city to be clean, friendly and prosperous. Loved the beautiful zoo, and the Cross Iron Mills shopping centre was worth the 30 minute drive. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Feckless
Dear Feckless,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments about our signature Westin Heavenly Bed® and Heavenly Bath®, staff and city.

I apologize for the awkward moment you had and I will investigate about this. This is not representative of our usual level of service.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I just returned from 4 wonderful nights at the Westin Calgary. everything from check-in to check -out was fabulous, my only complaint would be that on my first day, my room was not cleaned until around 2:30pm, which I found rather late. Other than that, the service, the high standards and quality of the beds and other products they provide is excellent. I phoned down to service express several times and they were extremely helpful. The location is great, only 2 short blocks away from Au Claire market and about less than 10 min walk to Stephen's Ave. Good restaurants around including Joeys at Au Claire and Old Spaghetti Factory.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Salsajo
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear Salsajo,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments and feedback!

I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful 4 night stay at our property and that the service was of high standard. I apologize that your room was not cleaned until the 2:30pm and I have shared this with our Director of Housekeeping.

It brings me great joy to know that your overall experience was fabulous and that you were able to enjoy our beautiful city.