“Good stay”
Review of The Westin Calgary

The Westin Calgary
Ranked #26 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 1 December 2013

It's a very nice hotel located centrally. The moment we reached the hotel we felt great as the staff there were so welcoming. We were treated very well in the reception as well as in the restaurant. The room was comfortable & clean with very nice comfortable beds. The breakfast spread was excellent. We had diner too in the restaurant & the food was good. The entire hotel has very friendly staff - make you feel at home. We had great time there.

Room Tip: The roadside rooms have good view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,490)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Downtown Calgary on October the 18, 2013. The room was great, nice view, ordered a snack from room service,was pretty tasty. Woke up the next day left the Westin having had a decent experience, then when we were on our way back to Canmore where we work and live I realized that I left behind a dress in the closet in the room that were staying in. I called immediately to let house keeping know and she assured me that it would not be a problem to Fed Ex my dress and that I would receive it in a couple of days and if there was a problem that she would contact me.Well 4 days passed and I hadn't received my dress via Fed Ex and the women that I had spoken with previously did not have a clue as to what I was talking about. She was even challenging me on even staying at the Westin on the night of October 18,
To make a long story short, someone who works at the Hotel stole my dress from the room that I had checked out of, with many conversations with the head of House Keeping it was agreed upon in writing that they would financial compensate me for the dress via check within 2-4 weeks. Well it is four weeks now and I still haven't received compensation for an employee not only stealing from me but also from the Westin. I spoke with the same women from Head of House Keeping again today and she has no idea where the check is to replace my stolen dress. If your interested in taking a risk at getting something stolen this is the perfect unprofessional spot for you and your hardworking selves!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amie m
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This hotel was decent. Room was a good size, although the decor was a little dated, and a bathtub would have been nice. I found the climate control a bit of an issue, as it seemed like it took quite a while for the room to heat up after changing the thermostat. There is also construction going on nearby which might be an issue if you don't want to get up early. Otherwise, staff were very helpful, and the location is great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel has very nice, renovated rooms with usual great Westin beds. Good location and great to have the attached Keg restaurant. The only negatives I can mention is that room service is extremely slow, the room wasn't overly clean and the underground parking is tight. But overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank WorldTraveller570
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights attending a conference. The hotel is in a great location and I really enjoyed having starbucks in the hotel and Tim's across the road. I did find the bathroom/shower really small but overall the room was great. I took the green approach which meant I was given a $5 Starbuck's voucher each day that I declined maid service....thought that was cool. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Westin Calgary is located in the heart of downtown Calgary. It has very spacious and clean rooms. The staff are polite and helpful. The bathroom is nice. But it is not what I expected from a Westin hotel. I have stayed in many Westin properties and this one is not at the same level.
The gym is very limited. I expected more from the Westin. When I went for a workout there were 2 other guys there and I had to leave and come back later because there was not enough room for all of us.
The lobby is nice, the elevators are limited, only 2 were working when I was there and it took forever to get one.
It is not a bad hotel at all but not what you would expect from a Westin hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Globetrotter_DBA
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Great staff, happy to welcome us and this fell very good as we had a terrible experience in the precedent hotel where we stayed. So we thank again the staff for being so gentle, polite and professional.
It is well located, near all amenities, near shops, museums, pubs and nightclubs. It might be a bit noisy but you cannot be so close to the amenities without a noise from the streets around. And it is not that bad compared to the location, we slept very well and we will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple