“Mostly OK, but better options are out there”
Review of The Westin Calgary

The Westin Calgary
Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
“Mostly OK, but better options are out there”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Good location, well trained staff, and nicely appointed services -- popular bar/restaurant (the Keg), nice breakfast, The standard rooms are pretty small, even by Westin standards, and the in-room amenities are pretty dated - no iPhone dock, TV is grainy, desks are not laptop-friendly. Bed is comfy but pillows need help. For what you get, it's a pricey hotel but that's typical for downtown Calgary hotels. Rooms are surprisingly not as soundproof as I remembered, traffic noise is obvious and plumbing noises were heard clearly in my room throughout the evenings.

Room Tip: As high up as you can get to avoid street noises.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pfreakingk
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Pfreakingk,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear your were not happy with your stay. May I please request that you contact Andrea Fernando at andrea.fernando@westin.com.

Be well

Didier Luneau, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
London, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013

From check-in to check-out the experience at the Westin was great. Location is convenient for getting around Calgary. I decided to go green and received a $5 Starbucks voucher each day for not using the daily maid service. I could have taken the 500 starpoints instead. The rooms were a decent size, but the bathroom is a bit small. Bed was comfortable and room was clean. The workout facilities are good for travelers. I didn't need to use the service, but the hotel provides shoes to workout if you didn't bring any. I would stay here again while in Calgary.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very busy hotel but then again all of them are in Calgary! It's a it pricier than most Westins but that's because of the city. Can't go wrong with the location especially in frigid Calgary! Tons of restaurants and coffee shops in the area makes it very convenient to grab something all hours of the day (well almost)

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator, it was working non stop all hours of the day!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Alberta
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here 2x. Once for the marathon. Beds are amazing. The Keg is downstairs. It's quiet. Pay the extra for valet! Stayed with my two small dogs. Staff all accommodating and friendly. It's right by a huge park. Close to shopping and theatre, it's really in the backyard! Would come back here in a heart beat!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gryde
Hello Gryde,

Welcome back!

Thank your for taking the time post your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am happy that you and your furry friends joined us and that our staff were all accommodating and friendly!

We hope to see you all again!

Be well

Didier Luneau, General Manager
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 1 December 2013

It's a very nice hotel located centrally. The moment we reached the hotel we felt great as the staff there were so welcoming. We were treated very well in the reception as well as in the restaurant. The room was comfortable & clean with very nice comfortable beds. The breakfast spread was excellent. We had diner too in the restaurant & the food was good. The entire hotel has very friendly staff - make you feel at home. We had great time there.

Room Tip: The roadside rooms have good view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Canmore, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Downtown Calgary on October the 18, 2013. The room was great, nice view, ordered a snack from room service,was pretty tasty. Woke up the next day left the Westin having had a decent experience, then when we were on our way back to Canmore where we work and live I realized that I left behind a dress in the closet in the room that were staying in. I called immediately to let house keeping know and she assured me that it would not be a problem to Fed Ex my dress and that I would receive it in a couple of days and if there was a problem that she would contact me.Well 4 days passed and I hadn't received my dress via Fed Ex and the women that I had spoken with previously did not have a clue as to what I was talking about. She was even challenging me on even staying at the Westin on the night of October 18,
To make a long story short, someone who works at the Hotel stole my dress from the room that I had checked out of, with many conversations with the head of House Keeping it was agreed upon in writing that they would financial compensate me for the dress via check within 2-4 weeks. Well it is four weeks now and I still haven't received compensation for an employee not only stealing from me but also from the Westin. I spoke with the same women from Head of House Keeping again today and she has no idea where the check is to replace my stolen dress. If your interested in taking a risk at getting something stolen this is the perfect unprofessional spot for you and your hardworking selves!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amie m
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This hotel was decent. Room was a good size, although the decor was a little dated, and a bathtub would have been nice. I found the climate control a bit of an issue, as it seemed like it took quite a while for the room to heat up after changing the thermostat. There is also construction going on nearby which might be an issue if you don't want to get up early. Otherwise, staff were very helpful, and the location is great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business