“Westin never lets you down”
Review of The Westin Calgary

The Westin Calgary
Ranked #26 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Not my first time staying at a SPG hotel. Beds are comfortable and clean as usual. Room service was decently priced too. Ordered a continental breakfast with tips and service fee total comes to $27. A great view of Calgary too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Elizabeth L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you slept comfortably in our Westin Heavenly Bed. I apologize for the mishap with your car however I take comfort knowing that our associates and management took immediate attention and action to the situation.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here in November with my fiance for work. The rooms were clean and well maintained, everything seemed fairly new. The beds were outrageously comfortable!

We decided to use valet parkign as there was no parking anywhere near the hotel. One of the valets was a new associate of the hotel and ended up scratching the wheel well of our car. While the damage wasn't severe, the hotel staff and management took it very seriously and were quick to act on having it repaired, requesting us to send them quotes. I was so pleased with the way the incident was handle that, despite this mishap, we will not stay anywhere else but the Westin while in Calgary.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We could not have asked for a better stay. We had 2 rooms booked and had everything we needed. Great location close to everything. Great service, look after any questions we had. Would highly recommend this place for your stay in Calgary. Thank you for a job well done.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wayne H
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Wayne H,

We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. I am happy that you had all that you needed and that we were able to answer any questions you had about the hotel and our great city.

We look forward to your next stay.

Didier Luneau

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I was checked in by Max which he was very friendly and he recognized me.

Despite having an allergic reaction from the Keg which April already specified the restaurant is not part of The Westin even though on the webpage "The Keg is under the restaurant page" it doesn't matter. I stayed at the Westin because my Gold status points were earned by staying from I once called my "Home away from Home The Westin Calgary" now I no longer want or feel welcome there as Housekeeping knocks frequently at my door at 2pm waiting for me to checkout when I recalled my checkout time was 3pm; as I peep through the hole seeing the "Annoying face /Sighing from the House Attendant" I feel like I as a guest better pack my bags and re-check my reservations as it does states 3pm checkout. Even though I stayed 2nights I didn't get the Green credit for 500pts Dec 21-23, 2013. Must this happen again?
On our Nov 30 stay the housekeeper actually knocked and came in to our suite asked when we are ready to checkout? I complaint to your front staff, Guest Service Mgr Elizabeth Pataky wrote back to say " Parking charges was waived We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and to our property. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you."
If I have to think as a SPG Gold Member than whats the point of you being a GSM of The Westin to try and make me as a guest happy.
Upon me checking out Dec 23, when I mentioned the 3pm checkout to April, she literally argued with me that according to Westin's Policy checkout time is 12pm and I've gone beyond 2pm past checkout time already; therefore House Keeping has a right and urgency to knock on my door.
I have an email confirmation stating my checkout time is 3pm should I post this on Trip Advisor or fax it to Corporate SPG?!? Its unnecessary to argue with a client, who already stated she will not return to your property and is unhappy. Why argue about the checkout time?!?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacqueline W
TWC_Westin_GM, Guest Experience Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear JMKP2,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear about your experience and I understand that you have already spoken to our Hotel Manager regarding your stay.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Andrea Fernando

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The Hotel is well located and nicely laid out. The reception area is very nice and the checkin went quickly as they had all our data ready to go. The rooms are very comfortable and TVs are on a rotating pedestal that makes it great for viewing from anywhere in the room. beds are comfortable and bathrooms are neat and clean. I would recommend this hotel for any stay in Calgary.
The issues I saw were minor and consisted of the following,
The pool water was a bit cloudy and way too warm. I would recommend dropping the temp to somewhere in the area of 83-86degF.
Our van was required to stay out in the street to drop us off when there were several "EMPTY" taxis in the dropoff area. The van driver told us they weren't allowed to go into that area. This seemed a bit absurd since the empty taxis certainly did not need to be there with no customers waiting. For the 1-2minutes it took us to get out we would not have been in the way. Instead we had to drag our luggage through the snowbank next to the street into the hotel.

Overall though the people were super and again the location very good.
If you find this helpful please mark it so.
thanks Berny

Room Tip: upper floors have a great view in some areas.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear BaronFoer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear your overall stay was comfortable. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience with your drop off. We have already adjusted the pool temperature.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My family recently stayed at the Westin Calgary for Christmas Holiday, it was our first time staying at this hotel, i have booked two rooms and requested for a connecting room, to my surprised we were upgraded to a Junior Suite with a connecting room for my children when we checked in. The staff are very friendly, hotel is very clean…… right in the middle of downtown Calgary, KEG restaurant is by the lobby which make it more convenient for steak lovers.

The hotel is pet friendly, we came with our little dog and she even got his own pillow.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank RoseFernandes12
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear RoseFernandes12,

Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you and your family spent Christmas with us and that our assciatese took care of you, even your little dog too.

We hope to see you again this year!

Be Well

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Overall, a good stay. Excellent staff and service. Rooms are very clean and it's right downtown. The only issue is the area by the elevator is slippery when it snows. Be careful or you can slip and fall like I had. There is not a whole lot carpeted in the area.

Other than that I will return to try it out again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank luv_vino_trvl

Dear anita2000,

Thank you for taking the time to post on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear your overall stay was good and that our customer service and associates were excellent. I am sorry to hear that you slippped and hope you are feeling better. May I please request that you contact Andrea Fernando at andrea.fernando@westin.com regarding your stay.