“All in One place,”

Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Toronto
“All in One place,”
Reviewed 31 October 2009

It was my first time visiting Calgary and i was staying at the Westin Calgary Hotel. I was surprised to see how close the hotel was to every location in downtown. It was a matter of minutes walking to anywhere i needed, restaurant, company, stephen ave and more.
There's a special scent that welcomes you through the hotel "white tea scent". The staff were very helpful, the food was incredible, the rooms were very spacious and cozy. mirrors in the bathroom while taking a shower and thats incredible!
I did visit other hotels during my stay to distinguish the difference and i found that other hotels are more expensive, less caring, not welcoming etc...
It was my first time and definitely not the last.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank babeee_05

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Edmonton
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Recently stayed at the Westin and were pleasantly surprised that many of the rooms have been renovated, Floors 6-10 are not complete. Being reno'd the rooms are new and clean and we really liked the new shower stall (no bathtub). We also like that Starbucks and The Keg are attached to the hotel and parking (for a fee) is really handy below the hotel.
We'll be staying again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Finkel1
PA
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I stayed here for a week of business. What a wonderful hotel. I enjoyed every minute of it. Everyone I talked with was very friendly and helpful! I would def stay there again!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Seattle
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I was spending the weekend at this hotel and I remember some good customer service that I had. I was trying to print out a boarding pass in their business center and for some reason the airlines website was not compatible with the browser they use. One of the employees noticed I was having a problem printing off a boarding pass and let me use the staff computer to get it done.

The indoor pool was a little cold for my liking but the hot tub made up for it. I wish the Gift Shop was open more hours because their is not many places in the area to get a late night snack or drink. The room in general was average..

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank westcoastcyc
vancouver
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I think my title says it all.

We were extremely surprised after booking the hotel on hotwire.com for $120 -- we were expecting mediocrity -- the hotel room was extremely large, and the most comfortable bed i have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in. The decor was fantastic -- no pastel flowers to be seen, all rich deep colours like charcoal and chocolate brown -- with a big TV and a fridge, and a blackout curtain.

The only downside, if I had to pick something, would be the shower. It had 2 showerheads and I expected awesomeness .. but the flow was extremely low, and it was disappointing.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank mulldacity
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Prior to travelling, we had been told that there was internal work being undertaken. I had visions of hammers, drills, etc. We needn't have worried - we didn't see or hear anything.

The lower floors of the hotel have been renovated. Try and ask for one of them.
We asked but none were available. However the room that we were allocated was absolutely fine - yes it could do with a bit of TLC, but was large and very clean.

The hotel is well located - Calgary is quite a small city so it well placed.

Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elmac40
Connecticut
Reviewed 24 September 2009

Spent 2 nights at this hotel to see 2 concerts at the Saddledome. Was greeted very warmly upon driving in. From the outside, the place looked a little worn down. Upon walking in, everything appeared very modern, up to date and clean. The folks checking us in were very good.

The closest light rail station was being worked on, so we had to walk about 7 blocks which was fine. Felt very safe walking late at night. Lots to see within easy walking distance. Room was up to date and Westin beds are the best.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple