“We Got a Deal, But I Would Have Paid More”
Review of The Westin Calgary

The Westin Calgary
Ranked #26 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton
“We Got a Deal, But I Would Have Paid More”
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Stayed there while going to the 2008 Calgary Comic-Con. I have yet to be disappointed by a Westin. The Rooms were simple, but the bedding and mattresses were great as always. There was a bit of construction going on, but nothing major and nothing disturbing. The staff were wonderful, and my husband and I both enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Standard, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2009

We stayed at The Westin as part of my company's Christmas Party and it was a nice stay. The staff were top notch - especially the service at our banquet. The bed was super comfortable; room was clean. The only thing we were not impressed with is the fact that the coffee makers do not have proper mugs - only paper ones. Paper cups make any kind of coffee taste like cardboard. I believe that using china cups does not cause any more impact to the environment than disposable paper cups. The paper cups took away from what I thought a hotel of The Westin's reputation would be like.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lynn H
Brisbane
Reviewed 14 November 2009

My partner and I stayed in the Westin Calgary on the 11th and 12th of October 2009 and had an excellent experience. Immediately upon arriving we were greeted by a porter, doorman and finally reception in a very positive and warm manner. Check-in was very easy. This proved to be the limit of our experience of the service at the Westin simply because we did not want for anything else during our stay.

The hotel decor throughout is modern and elegant. This was true of the rooms which were nicely appointed. Our room was a double queen and as such was slightly short on space for navigating through the room. This is the worst thing I can say about the room as the rest met our expectations and more.

As we learnt, the hotel is well situated. A number of restaurants are within easy walking distance. The hotel building itself is joined to the network of elevated and weatherproof walkways which spans the retail the experience of the CBD (it took us a while to discover this). The hotel is a short walk from Prince's Island. Between the island and the hotel are a range of pubs, restaurants and cafes. The observation tower is similarly within easy walking distance.

Wi-Fi and internet was available but at additional cost. This did not prove to be an issue since the attached Starbucks has complimentary internet for paying customers. We had an excellent dining experience in the attached restaurant, a Keg steakhouse.

Overall we found little to fault the hotel on and would definitely stay here again for a Calgary CBD stay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ben D
Toronto
Reviewed 31 October 2009

It was my first time visiting Calgary and i was staying at the Westin Calgary Hotel. I was surprised to see how close the hotel was to every location in downtown. It was a matter of minutes walking to anywhere i needed, restaurant, company, stephen ave and more.
There's a special scent that welcomes you through the hotel "white tea scent". The staff were very helpful, the food was incredible, the rooms were very spacious and cozy. mirrors in the bathroom while taking a shower and thats incredible!
I did visit other hotels during my stay to distinguish the difference and i found that other hotels are more expensive, less caring, not welcoming etc...
It was my first time and definitely not the last.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank babeee_05
Edmonton
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Recently stayed at the Westin and were pleasantly surprised that many of the rooms have been renovated, Floors 6-10 are not complete. Being reno'd the rooms are new and clean and we really liked the new shower stall (no bathtub). We also like that Starbucks and The Keg are attached to the hotel and parking (for a fee) is really handy below the hotel.
We'll be staying again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Finkel1
PA
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I stayed here for a week of business. What a wonderful hotel. I enjoyed every minute of it. Everyone I talked with was very friendly and helpful! I would def stay there again!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Seattle
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I was spending the weekend at this hotel and I remember some good customer service that I had. I was trying to print out a boarding pass in their business center and for some reason the airlines website was not compatible with the browser they use. One of the employees noticed I was having a problem printing off a boarding pass and let me use the staff computer to get it done.

The indoor pool was a little cold for my liking but the hot tub made up for it. I wish the Gift Shop was open more hours because their is not many places in the area to get a late night snack or drink. The room in general was average..

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo