“Classic ambience and comfortable”

Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown
Ranked #31 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I stayed two nights for a quick weekend trip to Calgary. The weather was freezing cold but this hotel provided a nice haven from the harsh outdoors. The hotel's central location in downtown was very convenient for the various meetings and seminars I had to attend. I found the front desk staff to be welcoming and courteous. The lobby is grand and has a classic, old school vibe to it.

My room was high enough to have a wonderful view of the half frozen river. The room provided all the comforts one would need for a business stay. The amenities were relatively up-to-date and the furniture was comfortable. The bed had tons of pillows and soft linen, as would be expected from a big reputable hotel. The bathroom was not luxurious but felt clean. Shower's water temperature and pressure was just fine. I especially appreciated being able to adjust the thermostat in my room to keep it nice and toasty -- the AC/heater system was very responsive.

Overall, I had a great stay and would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank videohb
EAKBatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Delta Bow Valley. We love hearing about our welcoming and courteous staff. We will share this post with our Engineering team, who have worked hard in replacing our in-room heating systems to be responsive and better for the environment. Thank you again for your post. We look forward to seeing you again and extending our hospitality to you once more.

James Tingley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,333)

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Positive :
1- Clean
2- Location is safe and good
3- Calm and Quite for High sleep Quality
4- Clean and Good Pool and sport club was nice
5- Food Quality is Good
6- Housekeeping is Good
7- All The Team are Really Friendly :) Specially the Staff in the Entrance door and Resto .
8- Good View of My room = River View

1- Very Old Hotel
2- Expensive Compare to Very old Hotel
3- Internet is Expensive inside your Room but is Free in Lobby
4- Breakfast is Expensive compare to Quality

Room Tip: Ask them to give you a roon on the top Floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Farshad74
EAKBatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We were glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay at Delta Bow Valley. Wonderful to hear that our staff were very friendly and helpful. Thank you for your feedback on our hotel and amenities. We look forward to seeing you again and extending our hospitality to you once more.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I ended up at the Delta for business as the hotel I usually stay at was full. I hadn't stayed at this hotel since 1995 as on my last trip is seemed pretty tired and dated. On this trip I was upgraded to the Signature Club floor and had a king suite with a sitting area that included a couch and chair. The room has obviously been updated as the room looked great, was extremely clean, comfortable and the bed is one of the best I've found in Calgary. The shower was a full glass walk-in with a bright and spacious bathroom. Service was excellent as the concierge came to my door after I had checked-in to ensure I was happy with the room and to explain the benefits of the Signature Club which included a nicely appointed lounge for evening cocktails and morning breakfast both of which were excellent.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to the Signature floors go for it as the "perks" make the stay worthwhi...
1  Thank Jedavan
EAKBatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Wonderful to hear that you enjoyed staying and welcome back. Glad to hear that you were happy with our "Signature Club" room and the staff. Thank you again for taking the time to post. We look forward to seeing you soon. I hope that we will be able to extend our hospitality to you once more.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

This is a good hotel. It's not the best hotel but for a business traveller it certainly is a great option. The rooms could really use a bit of a refresh but they are clean, comfortable and quiet.
The service is what brings me back to this hotel. If you get the chance to deal with Leo, he's terrific. Friendly, helpful and makes you feel like you're a welcomed guest.
All of the staff, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff are great. The hotel operator seemed to have a bit of a communication problem when I called but it's not a big deal.
The best part of the Delta Bow Valley is the location, they are attached to the +15 walkway system and from this location you can easily move between buildings in the winter. In the less inclement weather, almost any major office location downtown is an easy walk.
The only criticism that I would have and this is a minor one is that the rooms are due for a makeover, they are somewhat tired (bathrooms in particular) but again I can't stress enough that this is a small issue.
Overall, I can't imagine that you'll be unhappy if you stay in the Delta Bow Valley. The hotel is an easy connection to everything downtown, there are good food options in the hotel, and the amenities are good. At the end of the day there is nothing glaringly bad about this hotel and much good. For the price (far less than some it's peers) the Delta is a good hotel choice for business travel.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms looking towards the city instead of the river, simply because of the view.
1  Thank ladyaph

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Glad to hear that you speak highly of us and enjoying staying. We love comments about our terrific staff and I will be sure to celebrate Leo for his great service. Thank you for your feedback on your guest room, we will start offering a new product early in the New Year. Thank you again for taking the time to post. We look forward to seeing you soon. I hope that we will be able to extend our hospitality to you once more.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

Stayed here for a business trip. They have a later check out time (noon instead of 11:00 am) which was really nice. They have parking on site which was easy to access and I could leave my vehicle there while working during the day.

The staff is amazing. Leo, at the front desk, was very helpful and gave me what I would consider exceptional service with a smile. The room cleaner on the floor greet my husband and me with a smile and hello - rarely does this happen. In fact, all the staff seemed really nice here, which I appreciate.

The hotel is attached to Calgary's pedway system, which made walking to the office a nice warm experience.

The bed was a king and very comfortable.

2  Thank RedDaisy007
EAKBatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Delta Bow Valley. We love hearing about our amazing staff. We will share this post with our Rooms Quality team, glad to hear the housekeeper welcomed you. Also, Leo will be celebrated for his exceptional service. Thank you again for your post. We look forward to seeing you again and extending our hospitality to you once more.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed here for a week in November for a training seminar that was taking place in the hotel. I found all of the staff to be exceptionally helpful and courteous. I do feel that they went out of their way to make myself and other guests feel welcome and ensure that everything was satisfactory. There is a Starbucks in the lobby, which is really convenient and the hotel is a very short walk to the core of downtown and only a few minutes walk from the C Train. The breakfast buffet was quite good, with a great variety including an omelette station, however the chef was unable either morning to make an over easy egg without breaking the yolk. There is a decent gym available 24hrs and a nice pool that closes in the evening. The rooms are a little dark, it could use some more lighting, but the view of the river was fantastic. The room included a mini bar fridge, but it did not seem to be working. You have fast wireless internet in the room, a flat panel tv, coffee, and decent bathroom amenities. Even though the water pressure was excellent in the shower, the waterpik shower head takes away from any attempt of this being an upscale hotel; it works, but white plastic looks so cheap. Overall I was pleased with the room, but like many others have said, this hotel could use a little sprucing up if it wants to compete with the many newer hotels in downtown Calgary. That being said, I do believe that they have compensated from the less than ideal room situation with a service level that cannot be beaten. I travel to Calgary several times per year, and if the price is right, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank edmb
EAKBatDBV, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at Delta Bow Valley. We love hearing about our exceptionally helpful and courteous staff. Thank you for your feedback on our hotel and amenities. We are always working on projects to improve the hotel, bringing in Starbucks was one of those. So thank you for your feedback on our hotel and amenities. We look forward to seeing you again and extending our hospitality to you once more.

Jason Clark
Dir of Operations

Reviewed 21 November 2011

The hotel is a nice hotel. Decent location. Restaurant is over priced with tasteless food but the service was good. Watch out for the housekeepers that like to knock on your hotel room before 8:00AM on a Sunday morning. No chance for sleeping in.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
EAKBatDBV, Director of Operations at Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to learn that you thought the Delta Bow Valley was a nice hotel. Thank you for your comments particularly regarding the good service in our restaurant. I do, however, apologize for the food and eager housekeepers. Our housekeeping team relies on the "Do Not Disturb" door signs, sorry for the early morning wake up. Thank you again for taking the time to post. We look forward to seeing you again and I hope that we will be able to extend our hospitality to you once more.
Jason Clark