“short and true”

Ranked #32 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Lethbridge, Canada
“short and true”
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

I think I stay in a lot of hotels. I am fairly particular. If you are staying in downtown Calgary and going to an even at the saddledome this is the hotel for you. It is wonderful and the staff are efficient. I suggest you get an upgraded king size room. The room service is awesome, except for the crab and salmon cake tasted like tinned salmon (gross). The breakfast is only until 10 on weekends which isn't late enough for me without kids but great when I have kids. The beds are comfy and have luxuious duvets. Lastly I have never had a valet at this hotel tell me that they couldn't help me get a taxi and have never waited for more than 10 minutes. THat said its 15 min walk to saddledome.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cmorevacays
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thank you for your 5 star review. Wonderful to hear you enjoyed our location and our staff served you well. Thank you for your feedback on our crab & salmon cake. We apologize that your meal was not up to our standards. Your comment has been sent to the culinary team to improve for our next guest. Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to your next visit.
James Tingley, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Korean first
Girdwood, Alaska
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Pretty happy with our stay here. Affordable, comfortable, nice people, amenities, within walking distance to good bars and restaurants. The parking garage was disgusting and smelled awful, but the place itself was reasonable for what we paid.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank tyrannosauruswrx
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you liked our location and you had a comfortable stay. Thank you for your feedback on our parking garage. We have recently painted the elevator landings, this may account for the smell. We do apologize that our parking garage did not meet your standards and we will speak with our team about improvements. Thank you again, we look forward to your next Calgary visit.
Toronto
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I guess Calgary is expensive because this hotel certainly was quite pricey for what you get compared to other Canadian cities. The lobby and public spaces are a bit dated, the rooms are satisfactory and the breakfast buffet is quite good. I stayed at the Westin in downtown Edmonton the following night and got a far superior room for 2/3 the price.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian H
EAatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you for your review and feedback of your stay. Glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and your room. As you mentioned Calgary may be priced differently then other cities. We have a busy downtown, during the week, but we keep our prices competitive with the other hotels downtown. You can always check out our website or call us for the best rate. We look forward to your next visit to Calgary.
Brooks, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Spent a weekend at the Delta in downtown Calgary while my husband was on a course. It was a standard Delta experience- quick check in, good service, incredibly comfortable beds, nice linens, modern decor.

For downtown, the CAA rate got us a great deal for what we needed.

My favorite part was discovering that the pool & hot tub stayed open until midnight... and that 10pm to midnight were adult only. Meant my husband and I had a nice relaxing swim in a quiet pool.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Palmtreelover10
Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to another course that brings you to Calgary or just a getaway night. We will welcome you back with the same hospitality.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I stayed at the Delta Bow Valley during a recent conference held at the nearby Telus Conference Center. My room was very quiet and comfortable, with a pleasing view out over the Bow River. WiFi included in the room rate and worked perfectly. The staff were very professional and attentive. Having a Starbuck's in the lobby was also a benefit. Room was booked under a group rate, although somewhat high ($139/night) seems OK for the area. Local motels were charging more than this for less. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: The higher floors have the best views. My view out to the river was great in the early morning and l...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank OceanWanderers
Thank you for your review. Wonderful to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Our staff will be delighted to hear that their attentive service was mentioned. We look forward to your next visit, so we can extend the same hospitality.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed during the second week of the Calgary Stampede and though a busy time received exceptional service from all staff. At no time did I feel alone with all staff always welcoming helpful and friendly. Room, food, facilities excellent. My room was welcoming and spotless. I would stay again anytime I had a very happy holiday there that I will never forget. Staff always went the extra mile to assist with any type of request. Many happy memories meeting fellow travelers in lounge and dining room for excellent meals and relaxing drinks. My thanks go to all for making my stay so enjoyable and happy. Location perfect easy access to all locations in Calgary. I would have no hesitation in telling all my friends to stay there.

Room Tip: My room was on level nine with views of the Federal Building and Bow River. It gave me a wonderful a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Annette638
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and recommending us to your friends. We are glad to hear your wonderful comments about our service and amenities and we will share them with our staff. They will be delighted to hear that they are part of your Happy memories made during your trip. We look forward to your next visit!
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I only stayed here for one night but was very impressed with the ammenities and the beds were very comfortable! Couldn't be more central if it wanted to be. It is only a couple of minutes to walk to the Bow River and see the sites along there. Walking to the Calgary tower is about 15 minutes and Stephen Avenue shopping area and the Core are 20 minutes. I ate at the restaurant on property and the chef was very accomodating with my peanut allergy and took extra caution which was much appreciated, the food was excellent. I thought the buffet breakfast was over-priced at $20 but there is a Starbucks on the main level if you just want something fast and easy. The rooms are very well appointed and many of them recently renovated with stand up showers as opposed to bath tubs. Also, all rooms have a view of either the city and new Bow Building or the Bow River so really no bad spot. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of either the city or Bow River.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rebeccacherie
Thank you for writing a review. We love hearing that you were "Very Impressed" and had a wonderful stay. Thank you for your comments and tips for other travelers. We look forward to your next stay.