“Great location in downtown”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Toronto, Canada
“Great location in downtown”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is 10 minutes walking to the restaurants and shopping in downtown. The hotel staff is great. The parking overnight and including next day was only around $14 with in and out privileges. You can choose to go directly to the parking garage and the entrance has the instructions describing what to do if you are checking in. We had a great stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GlobalTCK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The best part of the Delta Bow Valley is the staff! Fantastic people who live the 'how can we help' customer service attitude. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've seen. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have a view of the river, very pretty.
1 Thank Karen M
Whitecourt, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Delta Bow Valley because I was attending a conference in Calgary.

The hotel staff were amazing! The valet was great. I left a suit in my vehicle, called valet to inform them and it was delivered to my room in minutes. Likewise, the room service team was outstanding. My order arrived on time with a friendly smile.

While the service was outstanding, the room left a lot to be desired for $390 per night.The bathroom was old with wallpaper peeling in places. The office chair in the room was ancient and uncomfortable.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was large. The heating system was quite loud and made it difficult to sleep.

If I have to return to Calgary for business again, I will look elsewhere for a better price.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
1 Thank Margareer
GMatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our service and the comfortable bed. Thank you for your feedback on your rooms bathroom and office chair. We continuously update and fix these small issues when they arise. During your next visit we hope you find all the details of your room satisfactory and, of course, a warm welcome from our staff.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This place is typical of what you come to expect when you spend a little more money than a three star hotel. Room is large enough and comfortable. You know that you will get attention if you have a problem. The location is a little at the edge of the heart of the city, but not at all a problem if you have a vehicle. Typically in Calgary the weekend rates are better than the week day rates since it is a business based town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PMahdis
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great hotel, pleasant and helpful people working there. Beds extremely comfortable. Hotel right in town. I ate at restaurants in town and at the casino. Only thing that would have made it better is if there was a dance club, although if I had tried, I could have found one.

Room Tip: I hear that the bow valley river side is best so that you don't hear the the fire engines .
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Toronto_CanadaToni
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My first trip to Calgary, we decided to stay at the Delta Bow Valley, which is not a chain we usually use.
The hotel is well located and easy to get to from the airport.
Having gone in early April, things were still a bit bleak and wintry in Calgary for too much walking, but the hotel location is great for both Downtown Calgary walks and Bow River walks.
The staff at the hotel were first class, everyone was very friendly and helpful, and they quickly resolved a problem we had with a group partying in the room next door. That wasn't ideal but the hotel and staff reaction to it, was commendable.
The hotel is clean and the rooms, while not exceptional, are pretty good. Bed was good.
My only nitpick would be the cost of the breakfast, which is obviously geared to business customers who can expense it, as it seemed over the top. Could be standard for Calgary hotels though for all I know!
So all in all I think the hotel was pretty good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blindsummit
GMatDBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that our service and location were enjoyed. Thank you for your feedback on the breakfast menu pricing, as you mentioned we are priced within the Calgary market. Our menus are always being updated to serve our customers needs. We look forward to your next visit and we too hope for warmer weather.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I've travelled all over the US and Europe and have had many different hotel experiences, some good and some bad. I was in town for a conference and was not expecting this experience to be notable at all. However, from the moment I checked in I was so pleasantly surprised by the genuine warmth and kindness of every member of the staff. Never have I had a 15 minute conversation with a hotel maid about her home and life and travels! The hotel itself is updated, clean, and comfortable. I had the opportunity to eat at the Starbucks, the lobby bar, and order room service, and the food was good in each location and, again, the staff were a delight. It's not the fanciest hotel in town, but I would stay here again over any other hotel simply because of the staff. You all are to be congratulated!

Room Tip: The river view is nice, though you do get a bit of traffic noise.
1 Thank Katieb19
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you will recommend us! We look forward to welcoming you back with the same warm hospitality.