“Best Running Store In calgary period!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Forzani's Tech Shop
Ranked #14 of 74 Shopping in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: Specialty shop also organizes hour-long, Saturday morning runs.
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Running Store In calgary period!”
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I have been running for 20 years and this is the only place I go for shoes. It is independently owned an operated. So its no part of sportchek. Its a franchise. They are the best about finding what type of foot you have and suggesting the proper shoes accordingly. You should let them pick the shoes and bring them out to you. I see that people have complained about getting the wrong shoes. Most of those people are the ones that pick the prettiest shoe on the wall. You can not base you pick off off how the shoe looks. It has to function well. My wife is really bad for this! The prices are the exact same as Sportchek. But Sportchek doesn't carry very many high end shoes. But the ones they do carry are the EXACT same price. Sportchek usually only carries low end shoes for the price conscious people. And who wants to trust a 14 year old kid that has now clue about feet to fit you with shoes. You can not put a price on your body's well being. There is a massive difference between cheap shoes and good ones. I am a podiatrist and 80% of lower body injuries are caused by wearing crap footwear. I send all my clients to there store. They have the BEST return policy in the city. You can run for 60 days inside. So like treadmill or track or even just wear them around the house. If there is any issues that flair up you can take them back and try and new pair. No one even comes close to the service and the fantastic products that the Techshop carries. I have sent over 600 clients to them and everyone has had a pleasant experience.

6 Thank FootSpecialist

“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 15 July 2005

I purchased a pair of shoes for $150. I took them for a few short runs to break them in and noticed a bit of rubbing on my arches. I then tried thicker socks and went for my 1st long run. The shoes ended up cutting both my arches/instep because of a seam on the inside of the shoe. Since I had only had the shoes for 2 weeks, I returned to the Tech Shop to ask for help. They looked at my feet and the shoes and said the shoes just weren't right for the shape of my arch. However they then didn't want to do anything about it and basically said I should buy new shoes or talk to the manufacturer directly. I was shocked, given that they bill themselves as a true runners' store. I had to talk to the manufacturer directly, who had no problem refunding the purchase or exchanging the product for another model. Running Room stores have vastly superior customer service.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Was it a poor shoe recommendation? probably not!”
Reviewed 17 July 2003

If you got injured on your first run in your new pair of shoes it's because you ran more than your body is capable of doing or you are carrying to much weight. I don't want to sound mean hearted but it is true. Unless you have an extreme pronation or supination (which the Tech shop sales rep WOULD have picked up on)you can run in almost anything for a while with out sustaining an injury provided you don't increase your milage too quickly. It has been my experience that people with new shoes increase their milage because they want to justify the money spent or where waiting for the shoes to motivate them to run. I have no affiliation with the Tech Shop but have received great service each time I have been there. I coach runners and can say with confidence that the shoe would not be the problem.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“what is it you are really looking for?”
Reviewed 11 June 2003

This is for the people who go to The Tech Shop and assume that they are paying more for psychic advise. The cost of the shoes are more because of the quality of the product. The staff can tell you what the shoe can offer you and what will be needed for your needs. Most unhappy customers are complaining about the shoe not fitting or it not working out for them. Sorry kids but when it comes to the fit you have to actually make that desicion for yourself. I know most people think that desicions can be made for them but how can it work for them if they don't know what fits themselves. As for not be able to return an item, any item at any retail store can be returned as long as it can be resold, please remember that.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“poor shoe recommendation”
Reviewed 6 June 2003

I was recommended a shoe at the Forzani tech shop by an assistant who seem to know something about shoes. The problem was that he did'nt really spend any time to see if the shoe was suited to my style of running. It was a case of "if the shoe fits then buy it" , Not knowing a whole lot about the shoe in question, I took it as it fitted well but after finishing my first run with the shoe, i sufferred a very painful injury to my left foot. Calling up Forzani's the clerk picking up the phone wasn't at all sympathetic, concluded that the shoe was probably not right for me ( as if I didn't know that ) and made it quite clear that he would not take it back as it had been used. With a polite goodbye, he hung up offering me no real solution other than shopping for another pair. Would I go back there? No! Would I recommend the store? What do you think?!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member