“The best hotel I've ever stayed at!”

Hotel Le Germain Calgary
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Pitt Meadows, Canada
“The best hotel I've ever stayed at!”
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I was traveling with my fiance and we wanted to stay in a really nice hotel. We had looked at the Le Germain website and thought it looked amazing. It certainly didn't disappoint. I originally booked a deluxe room, but to our surprise and joy we were told we had been upgraded to the luxury room upon checking in.

The front desk staff were great. Very professional and personable. Once we got to the room our jaws dropped. We walked around looking at all the amazing details of the room. I could go on and on. It has a clean modern look which we both love. All the little details just made the stay so memorable. Espresso, chocolates, bath robes.. the list is long.

The best feature of the luxury room is the soaker tub. One of the coolest features I have ever seen is how the tub fills. From the ceiling!! It scared the heck out of us at first, but just had to laugh at how neat that was. My fiance was in heaven in that bathroom. Pretty much our dream bathroom.

There are a number of great restaurants around the hotel. We decided to have dinner and drinks at Milestones which is less than a block from the main entrance.

If there was any downside to the hotel, its the parking. It is quite expensive, even for the self park. $31 for roughly 16 hours parking. But its downtown, so its to be expected.

I can see why this hotel is ranked #1. Easily beats any other hotel in Calgary. Great place for a relaxing romantic getaway in the city.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pretzeldw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2011

My wife booked us a luxury room as a short getaway for my birthday. When we got there, we were instantly upgraded to a suite - which was simply fabulous!!! The funny thing about it is that she mentioned the fact that we were celebrating a birthday only once - during a phone call when she wanted to verify the booking.

We just loved the room and the hotel! The hotel is ultra-modern, very very clean and the suite was absolutely gorgeous and spatious. You don't need to care about anything, the hotel has it all - nespresso pods, fully loaded mini-bar, bath robes - everything you need for a romantic getaway. There is also free wifi, lots of music channels, and a nice continental breakfast. Oh, and the beds. These were just too comfortable...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HairyOrangutan
Windsor, Ontario
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We stayed a night for our anniversary. We were in town from Ontario, this was a wonderful stay. The hotel room itself was beautiful, welcoming and very comfortable.The Bed was a dream to sleep in and the soaker tub was amazing to relax in. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for an immaculate, comfortable exquisite hotel stay. The staff were amazing and friendly. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dandralex
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We decided to try out this new hotel as opposed to staying at our usual hotel just to give it a try during our visit with family over Christmas. The rooms were a bit cold looking and very dark but the beds were very comfortable. The staff were wonderful and very helpful. Our biggest disappointment was the music from the loudspeakers in the hallways which apparently is on every floor. You could hear it quite clearly inside our hotel room and it is quite loud. It starts at 7:00 am in the morning and with us on vacation, we were not pleased to be woken up early with it. It is very annoying. We will not be staying again for this reason.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BornToBeRetired
MSchaay1, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this review, 10 May 2011
Good day, thank you very much for the feedback about our corridor music. I wanted to let you know that based on feedback we have recieved and your comments we have motified the times of the music. You will no longer hear any music in the corridors until at least 9am. We have also adjusted the volume. In the evening time we have the music shut off at a much earlier hour as well. We would really like to have you stay with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact myself directly, mschaay@germaincalgary.com. Thanks again for the feedback. Mark Schaay, Rooms Division Manager.
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Amazing hotel. we have stayed at a few different good hotels in Calgary (e.g., Westin) and Le Germain far exceeded any expectations we had. beautiful, classy decor. clean, modern. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Will definitely go back. Reminded me of the "W" hotel in Manhattan, but much much much bigger rooms! Oh, and the complementary breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank s0me1
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2011

The service at the hotel is really good and the breakfast, that is included in the price is a buffet style like no other - its continental style, but they have freshly made smoothies, oatmeal, chopped fresh fruit and tea and coffee brought to the table!

We flew in from Vancouver late and got to the hotel at 10pm and decided to eat at the Charcut restaurant that is in the same building. The meal is pricey, but delicious - you get what you pay for!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Z00tie
ontario
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed at Le Germain for business when it had just opened. I was told that I may even be first to stay in the room I was given (definitely a first for me!). It still had the smell of fresh paint in some areas of the hotel (not in my room of course).

Check-in was smooth and fast and the front-desk staff we're very friendly and welcoming. Room service was fast. I didn't know how to work the TV and a gentleman came to fix it within minutes. The room was spotless every time I came back from work. They use Aveda products which is a huge plus for anyone who uses natural, good quality soaps and shampoos.

The rooms themselves are very luxurious. They are spacious, modern, have a coffee/espresso machine, have a large closet (good for people like me who always over-pack!), the king size bed was very comortable - like sleeping on a cloud, and the bathroom had one of those 'rainsky' shower nozzles. They also have a mini-fridge and drawer stocked with dark chocolate, peanuts, mints, etc.

The hotel is located in a central part of Calgary so you shouldn't spend too much time in a cab getting anywhere. There's also a starbucks across the street if you're so inclined.

The continental breakfast was decent, I am a strict vegatarian so I was limited to fruit and toast and I brought my own soy milk for the coffee and cereal. If you happen to be visiting Calgary and you're a vegetarian there are still lots of great places to eat. The Coup is great - has the hippie/healthy vibe but if the person you're with is looking for a steak, even the Keg had a great spinach salad and sauteed mushrooms.

I used the fitness centre once while I was there and it was small but no one was using it so that didn't matter. everything was brand new and they offered apples and bottled water. there was also a large TV and a shower + bathroom.

One person mentioned that the lighting was a little 'moody' in the hotel. I found my room to be a little dark as well, particularly by the large mirror by the door. It made it a little hard to see when getting ready in the morning. It's really a minor point and maybe they've added more lamps since last year.

Overall, I couldn't say enough good things about this Hotel. It definitely made my business trip feel more more leisure. I would recommend it to anyone who wants the 5-star treatment while on business or leisure trips.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business