“Heaven!”

Hotel Le Germain Calgary
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Chic and posh hotel without the attitude. Our expectations are always exceeded by the incredible staff at Le Germain. This is our favorite hotel to date.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are amazing but upgrade if you want a better view.
1  Thank Lesley W
There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Germain Calgary

Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed at Germain Calgary the night before my wedding as well as the night of...
We received personalized hand written notes the day before the wedding as well as the night of. The rooms were over the top beautiful and luxurious. From the front desk staff to the bell staff, everyone was extremely accommodating for my family and I. My new husband and I took a pit stop after our photos (half a block from our reception venue) to have a bite to eat at the hotel bar. They were amazing for fast efficient service and good food. When we arrived back to our room after the reception, we found an adorable mini bottle of champagne from Germain. This hotel is above and beyond... best hotel we've ever stayed at, much better than Fairmount Banff Springs and Fairmount Calgary. Don't hesitate, especially for a special occasion. What a beautiful place.

Room Tip: Luxury suite was everything we wanted and more.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bebemalla
MSchaay1, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2011

Thank you for the great review bebemalla. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and everything went well. Let us know if we can ever be of any assistance.

Thanks

Mark Schaay, Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 10 December 2011

We had a stay-cation at Le Germain. The look is very modern which sometimes means uncomfortable but not this time. Our king deluxe room was very quiet and the bed nice and firm. It was spotlessly clean and very roomy. The environmental control on the lights let us keep a subdued atmosphere with the lighting which contributed to the relaxed evening we were seeking.

We had a view of the base of the Calgary Tower which reminded us we were still in our home town.

Dinner at Charcut was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed the rain shower in the bathroom. There was a continental breakfast included but we skipped it.

2  Thank artslover
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Hotel Le Germain in Calgary is simply amazing. My wife and I went to Calgary to do some Christmas shopping and dine at the great Charcut. The decor is sophisticated, modern, and top quality all around. The bed, furniture, linens, amenities, glassware, accessories, shower, closets, everything is well thought out and top notch. The continental breakfast speaks of quality and was impressive to say the least...fresh fruit, hand made pastry, espresso drinks, fresh juice, imported cheeses, organic yogurt...a real pleasant surprise and reminded me alot of days gone by in Europe. Want to mention the staff as well, from the first time I called them, to check-in and upon check-out they were pleasant, polite and professional. I have had the pleasure of staying in a lot of hotels over the years and work in the hospitality industry, and Le Germain is by far the best ever. If you have an opportunity to stay, try it, you will not be disappointed.

These guys and girls go above and beyond...but don't tell too many friends how great they are, I would like to keep it as my little secret getaway...

3  Thank Coolcanuck67
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed 2 nights.....tried very hard to find flaws.....we did.....the gym is a shame....shower is grest looking but difficult to get right temperature or water pressure......otherwise...amazing!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank BacchusB
MSchaay1, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Hello BacchusB, thank you for the feedback about our hotel. We really do appreciate it. We just wanted to let you know that we have started construction of our hotel spa that will include expansion of the fitness center. This should be completed during the first quarter of 2012. We understand the shower system is unique. During the next stay please feel free to ask for assistance and we could explain the functionality a little more. If you have any other questions or feedback please feel free to contact myself directly at mschaay@germaincalgary.com.
Thanks again
Mark Schaay

Reviewed 20 November 2011

This hotel provides you with an absolutely amazing experience from check-in to check-out. They took care of every little detail of my stay even going above and beyond the call of duty to prepare some special treats for my loved one when we returned from our dinner date. Although the rooms are slightly under lit I can understand the concept that the hotel is going for being a boutique style property and the ambiance each room creates. The rest of the room is absolutely perfect. Upon carefully listening to the instructions for how to utilize the green lighting fixtures my fiance and I were thoroughly impressed with their effectiveness at keeping the room properly lit while saving energy at the same time. The controls next to the bed to shut the lights of completely made the end of the night comfortable and enjoyable.
The european style continental breakfast was exactly what we received when we were traveling in Austria last winter and was clearly executed at a very high standard. For those who are looking for an absolutely breathtaking hotel experience I would recommend this to any of my friends or family making a stop in Calgary.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank i_am_jeuro
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed 2 nights....we loved the location, and the beds are VERY comfortable however I found that we had to adapt to le Germain's rooms. I like when hotels anticipate what I like and I don't have to figure out how to use a hotel room?? I understand the room card controlling the lights may save energy, however my husband had pulled it out at bedtime, then at 2 am I couldn't get the bathroom light on. We ended up turning on all the lights and figuring out how things work (not a convenient time to do that). The lights even when they are all on are just too dim, I noticed others have mentioned that too.Adjusting the shower temp was no fun! The wand needed a new washer and sprayed in my face when i used it.The faucet in the bathroom sink had hot and warm water....I am a big water drinker and would have liked "cold water". Only 1 elevator worked while we were there ( when we asked about that, it was going to be fixed in an hour - it was actually broken until the morning of our check out. The doormen stand around the front desk....I enjoy it when the greet you at the door (not sure the purpose of standing by the desk). Rooms are small, usually not an issue for me, but our son was with us and the room felt cramped. After reading these rave reviews we were disappointed with the hotel. Still had a great time in Calgary, lobby bar and Charcut are great, as was the breakfast which is included.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Veronica4

Hello Veronica4,

Thank you for the feedback on your experience staying with our hotel. We were disappointed to read that you did not have a perfect stay. We wanted to let you know that we have followed up with our entire doormen team to stress the importance of being at the doors. We do not want them at the front desk; we thank you for bringing this to our attention. In regards to the elevators, this truly was out of our control. We understand the inconvenience; unfortunately it was the decision of the repair company to shut it down over night. We also always have bottled water upon request and would be happy to provide this to you during the next stay. We have larger room types available which you may find more accommodating for a future stay. Thank you for the great comments about the breakfast and lobby bar. We really do appreciate the feedback and if you ever need anything else please feel free to contact myself directly, mschaay@germaincalgary.com.
Thanks