Great hotel in the core of downtown Calgary. Rooms were spacious with comfortable beds and linens. The price was a bit high but this was due to the Stampede. A couple of issues though:
1) their attached restaurant was closed on Sunday - I found this very odd for a hotel
2) numerous issues with the bill at checkout that should have been more closely monitored. We were charged room tax on breakfast, even though we had it in the main dining area and they tried to charge for several nights valet parking when we only had one night.
But these were minor issues and overall, I'd recommend the hotel. It's a quick 10-15 min walk to the Stampede grounds
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Genuine haven of peace, Groupe Germain, pioneer of the boutique-hotel concept in Canada, has expanded its unique brand of hospitality into Western Canada with Hotel Le Germain Calgary. The Groupe Germain philosophy is all about authentic elegance.A welcome like no otherAt Le Germain Boutique-hotels, the goal is to create a warm, comfortable ambiance, combined with attentive, personalized service that is always accommodating, yet never intrusive.Respect for the environmentThe entire complex was engineered and constructed to incorporate several state-of-the-art features designed to conserve energy and preserve our environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.