“Fantastic Hotel”

Hotel Le Germain Calgary
Ranked #8 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 4 September 2012

T his hotel is beautiful and modern in the heart of Calgary. Easy access to everything. The rooms are sleek and the beds are so comfortable! I have nothing bad to say about this place. Nice breakfast in the morning and very helpful staff!! The rooms are also quite large with huge bathrooms! Would return ina heartbeat!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank diamondgirl613
MSchaay1, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Hello diamondgirl613,

We just want to thank you for the great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Great hotel - the room was beautiful with a huge bed and luxurious bathroom facilities. There is a nice bar downstairs, and a continental breakfast was complimentary and really good. The service was also great, although the parking was very expensive. The hotel is in a great location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerrance1
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Of course the hotel is beautiful but it is the staff that really makes this hotel what it is. The staff were the best out of any hotel I have ever visited. From the valet to the front desk to the concierge, everyone was extremely helpful courteous and top notch!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Stacy B
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husband whisked me away here for the romance package. They went over and above any hotel we have ever stayed at as a couple! Valet service to start then you enter a beautiful lobby when I opened the door to our room, romantic music was playing, lights were dimmed and the flowers my husband ordered were displayed perfectly. Not long after we received the chocolate covered strawberries and a scented candle. We had a great view of one of my favourite Canadian cities and quick access to anything we could possibly need. The decor was impeccable. I cannot rave enough about the service and this establishment!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JTF1911
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We were only here one night but I can't say enough good things about our experience here. We arrived about 10am (transferring from another leg of our journey) expecting to store our suitcases for the day and come back later. The staff went out of their way to find us a room available straight away. The room was just beautiful and very spacious. Some of the other boutique style hotels we have stayed have had no room for suitcases, especially since we have one each...this one had no problem. Beautiful bathroom, spotlessly clean, quiet. The staff were great: when we told them we would not be there for breakfast they offered a boxed breakfast and called us a few minutes after we arrived to make sure the room was to our liking. The gym was fine (normal hotel gym but amazing view). Location was really central. So far the best hotel we have stayed in in our five week Canada/Alaska trip.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Megan S
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Booked this having read previous reviews and so glad we stayed here. Very smart, comfortable, convenient and friendly for a large corporate hotel. The rooms lacked for nothing, we're very contemporary. The staff very helpful. This hotel was right in the centre of Calgary and next to the Calgary Tower. They even let us leave our car valet parked all the next day after we checked out as we had some time to kill before going back to the airport.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shadav

Hello shadav,

Thank you for the excellent feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to complete this review. Please let us know if we can ever be of any assistance in the future.

Thanks again

Reviewed 24 August 2012

My hubby and I decided to go on a last minute weekend getaway to Calgary and after reading such positive reviews on Tripadvisor plus we got a decent deal on expedia.ca for $200/night we booked this hotel and we are definitely happy we did.

We arrived at the hotel and I went inside to ask where the self parking was located and the concierge advised me that valet ($30) was the cheaper option so we decided to do that. Check in was fast and we ended up with room 1207.

The room itself was spacious, modern and clean. The view definitely lacked something to be desired, it faced an office building and their blinds were opened so we can clearly see into their rooms so we closed our blinds during our stay. The bathroom was definitely the "perk". Very modern and the shower was ah-ma-zing. The rain shower head was fantastic and it had an option to switch to hand held if you liked so that was great. I have never heard of the Molten Brown brand but after using their toiletries especially the body wash, I wanted to purchase a full bottle for myself, it was quite lovely. My only complaint was the noise level. The walls are kind of paper thin and we stayed on a Friday night so being that this hotel is in the heart of downtown the outside street noise was quite unbearable at times. There are 12 floors to this hotel and we were on the 12th floor so I cannot imagine the noise level if we were on the lower floors. The bed was good, a little soft for my liking but it wasn't a deal breaker. The hotel is situated in the heart of downtown and we took advantage of that situation and walked around and did some shopping.

When we checked out the following day, we were a little shocked that valet wasn't $30 like the concierge said instead it was $40. I explained to the girl who was helping us check out what had happened and the rate the concierge quoted me from the day before and she apologized and refunded me the difference which was a great gesture on the hotel's behalf.

Overall, I really liked this hotel and I will definitely be choosing Hotel Le Germain on my future visits to Calgary.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loves2travel036

Hello Loves2travel036,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We appreciate the feedback you have shared with us. We just want to pass along that we do have rooms facing the other direction that are a better option for guests sensitive to noise. Please let me know what name you booked the room under and I will add these notes to your profile and ensure you are blocked in these rooms for all future stays.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed the Molton Brown product; it is a favorite of mine as well. Please contact myself and I will help you purchase a bottle of your liking.

Sorry for the miscommunication about the valet pricing, I'm glad our team reacted quickly and made the adjustment for you.

Once again, thanks for the great review and I look forward to hearing from you.