Hotel Le Germain Calgary
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Arts(Calgary)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
US$209
US$157
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$104
Hotel Elan
  • Breakfast included
US$99
US$87
All reviewscharcut restaurantnespresso machinemolton brown toiletriesrain showerwalk in closetvalet parkingboutique hotelgreat hotelmodern designcontinental breakfastcorner roomironing boardheart of downtownshower headstephen avenuevalet servicecomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Make no mistake, the accomodation here is truly sumptuous, with large comfortable rooms, dramatic bathrooms, stunning decor and every modern facility. Although my wife and I did not use the restaurant it was bustling with an apparently satisfied clientel. Front desk, concierge and bar staff were enthusiastic, hepful and friendly.
However, breakfast was very disappointing. Despite being only half full, there were no clear tables available for us. The only served item was a cup of hot water and a tea bag. The rest was self service, with only a modest continental style buffet available. Described as complimentary, but no doubt included in the room rate, it fell well short of the rest of the standards set by this hotel. A final gripe -we had a snack in the foyer bar (very good), but only about $30 worth of food, and asked for a bottle of Chaedonnay and two glasses - cost $83 plus Tax plus Grat. My fault for not asking first or hotel/ staff being greedy?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flue123
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights at the end of August 2012. My first-time experience was without fault. The front desk staff was impecably gracious and helpful. The room was clean and luxurious, the decor modern. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. The fitness centre had all the amenities. The hotel location in central downtown Calgary can't be beat either. I really can't think of a single thing this hotel could improve upon. I hope to stay here again soon.

Room rates are somewhat pricey perhaps, but I feel I got good value for my money.

For dinner, try Murietta's around the corner (my favourite!).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Melody211
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My girlfriend had one of the "honeymoon" suites for 2 nights for her wedding. The first night was for her and her bridesmaids, I was lucky enough to be one of them.

From the time we checked in the service was fantastic. We had a bellman help us up to room with our bags, and he unloaded them into the closet. At about 5pm, someone came around with ice service, bottled water and chocolates.

The room was just beautiful. On the 10th floor we had an amazing view of downtown. The bathtub filled from the ceiling which we thought was awesome and the other girls said that the rain shower has awesome. They brought a cot up for the other girl, and 2 of us slept in the king size bed. The room and a mini bar that we looked at but it was a bit over priced. The room was also big enough for 3 girls to dance around and get ready for the wedding.

The staff was awesome and so helpful with everything. They brought the flowers up to the room and helping with the photographer and other people coming up to the room.

Overall it was an awesome experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PhantomNights
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This was our first night's stay in Canada and what a lovely surprise it was. Couldn't fault the quality of the bedrooms, the bathrooms, or the lounge and restaurant (best steak we've ever tasted!). Would have been a 5* but for the slight admin hiccup which meant that they charged us for our room as well as dinner even though we'd paid for the room via our travel agent. Hopefully that will get sorted out and we'll receive a refund. Otherwise, I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a weekend recently, we had adjoining rooms, which was very convenient. Valet, very good, check in very good, rooms excellent (a coffee machine would have been nice) beds are good quality and the place was clean, Molton brown was great, breakfast was ok, strange seating set up but was included in package, found servers to be attentive and polite. Overall enjoyed our stay, still don't know if we'll try somewhere else on our next visit or return here.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Brucean
MSchaay1, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Hello Brucean,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. The comments were all positive, but you mentioned that we could improve. Is there a way you can send me an email with some more details. I would appreciate that; we would definitely like to follow up if we can. Once again, thank you for the great feedback.

Mark Schaay