“Stunning Property!”

Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Kelowna, Canada
“Stunning Property!”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Hotel Le Germain Calgary is truly one of the most stunning hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying at - period! If your taste in hotels lends itself to modern design, you will be astounded by Le Germaine. The lobby and rooms are dramatic and urban, yet still intimate. Stone, glass, granite, leather and wood all come togther to make Hotel Le Germaine a true expression of a modern boutique property.

The decor in each room is absolutely beautiful, rich purple tones and dark wooden accents. The rooms have everything a tech-savvy guest would need, and there is an abundance of space. It seems that the rooms were designed thoughtfully, with everything in place just where it needs to be. And the bathroom is amazing - complete with a shower to die for!

The fitness center has an absolutely unparalleled view of Downtown Calgary with panoramic views and windows all around. It is bright and spacious and stocked with everything that your local health club would have.

The location in downtown Calgary is perfect - right in the middle of the action in the heart of the city. Great restaurant attached to Le Germaine - Charcut (that is a review for another day but I highly recommend it).

The service feels a touch aloof and they all seem slightly new to the property. It was my impression that everyone seemed unsure of themselves and afraid to make a mistake, and as such they didn't come across as genuine as they could have, but they were never unfriendly.

I would not hesitate to recommend this gorgeous property and cannot wait to stay again! Hotel Le Germain is truly a world apart from any other hotel I have stayed at.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kristykoehler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
CANADA
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I really enjoyed my stays here, so I should have more than one reveiw up but I will give one now :).The rooms are gorgeous ,clean and very up to date. I like the vallet and staff they are all very helpful.Hotel has great access to where I needed to go as it connects to close routes to different sides of the city (north,south,downtown) . There are many resturants close by and the hotels morning breakfest is very nice also. This is currently my only choice for hotels in calgary at this time. Look forward to seeing you again , thank - you !!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MISSPICO
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here at the end of a 2 week tour around the west coast, hotel was a refreshing change after some of the dated hotels we stayed at in Jasper and Victoria! Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. We had an issue with the restaurant associated with the hotel, waitress spilt a drink all over me and in my reaction I pushed the table over my girlfriend foot, staff there were appalling, but the hotel staff were very kind. Would recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Extremesportathlete
Sidmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I had a truly fabulous and memorable stay here. I stayed two weeks whilst on business and I found the hotel to be faultless. Highly professional operation with a typical North American welcome. I cannot rate the staff highly enough - nothing was too much trouble for them. This will definitely be the place for my next business trip to Calgary.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Denver
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We spent one night at Le Germain prior to heading to Banff. The initial service at the front desk was a little disconcerting as they did not know if, or which, room was prepared. The delay was awkward for both sides and not what I expected. The room however was well appointed and very relaxing. The shower is great. I would agree if additional lighting was needed that this could be a concern but for one night of no laptop time the room was lovely. We went into town for dinner. The bed was very comfortable indeed. Breakfast was a very business affair with prompt and overly efficient service - cups being cleared before the contents finished. Since we weren't dressed in suits with iPads maybe we could of been allowed to linger more. Checkout and valet were efficient and providing water for the road trip a nice touch. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Our corner suite was well appointed.
2 Thank 0livinglife1
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Excellent customer service when we checked in. We casually mentioned that it was our Anniversary and when we arrived in our room there was a small gift waiting welcoming us and wishing us a happy Anniversary, very nice touch! Our couples massage at Sante Spa was very relaxing and a wonderful shared experience. We loved our hotel room it was extremely modern and the rich brown tones were very warm. Our bed was so comfortable, loved the walk in closet. The bathroom was large and really well layed out. instead of putting all our toiletries by the sink and having that look of clutter they were very clever by having a cupboard with mirror and shelves with hair dryer and anything else you wanted tucked away. I had an lovely hot bath and my husband enjoyed the large shower head. We had an excellent dinner at Charcut restaurant. My only complaint about Charcut is they tried to seat us at the closest table to the kitchen which was very noisy and when I immediately complained expressing it was our Anniversary they rectified this and we were given a very private table. To our surprise, later our dessert also had written "Happy Anniversary" with a candle! We had a night cap at the hotel lounge which was so chic with the white leather couches and stools and open window view to the street. The only complaint I have about this hotel is there is not a regular coffee machine for morning coffee and only has a nespresso machine which they charge you for. Also there is no morning room service which I love. We had a lovely stay and would definately stay again.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed for a night with my wife on the Luxury room. It was perfect. It felt great to stay at a hotel in the city where the rooms are new, and not a reconditioned 50-year old room.
I would stay away from rooms in front of the elevators, the suites' doors have these 1/2 inch gaps at the bottom and you can hear anything happening outside.
Personnel were super friendly and the breakfast was really good.

Room Tip: higher floors, to stay away from downtown noise and not across from the elevators.
1 Thank quiqueCalgary