“Best Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Austin, Texas
“Best Hotel”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

So far, one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in! I wasthere 3 times and enjoyed every stay. It has a very modern look, the room is huge, bed is incredibly comfortable, closet is very big for a hotel room. The bathroom is my favorite, the rain shower is wonderful and they thought of every detail (lighting, mirrors, good hair drier, good soap, etc). Staff is incredibly nice, they respond super fast to any request and even give good tips on places to go and restaurants. Location is the best possible. Fitness center is very well equipped, it's 24h, and even if you don't like working out, the view is worth it. The only negative points were: room service food was expensive and not so good and the tv reception is not very good (image not very clear, big delay on image when changing channels), heavy blinds. But overall, the hotel is great and I for sure every time I go to Calgary on business I request this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Wow!
Where to start... this place as such a modern look to it. Once you step in you just feel good about the place! the staff is very friendly and always ready to help with any question you have!

Now for the room...I have been at le Germain in Toronto and this one i Calgary was even better then expected...you walk in and its WOW!!! all the little details are thought of...it is the best hotel in my honest opinion!
The staff working at the front door are dressed casually...it makes it more casual...less snoby i guess ;)
They offer breakfast on 2nd floor... there could be a little bit more choice as for bread and fruits but its included in the price of the room!
Overall...I would go back for sure!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Great hotel. I had a lovely room with more space than I knew what to do with and great connectivity for my laptop and Apple TV! The view wasn't great and getting light in requires some heavy lifting of the blinds, but the art deco lighting is a small price to pat for luxury. $2.50 to make your own coffee in the room is quite a high price to pay though!

My only criticism of the hotel was the spa, or lack there of. The gym is decent enough and even has a TRX in it, but there is only a pretend sauna (one of those termal ones) so no-where really to indulge oneself

Overall, I would highly recommend the place and am myself heading back for another 6 nights next week!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Robert D, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Goode Traveller,

Thank you for sharing your great comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the spacious room as well as the large fitness room with outstanding views of Calgary. We are also pleased to inform you that nespresso in all the guest rooms are now 100% complimentary. We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Germain hotel. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable!

Robert D'Orazio
rdorazio@germaincalgary.com
Calgary
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Although we live in Calgary my wife and I typically spend a weekend each year around Xmas at a downtown hotel to do some shopping and de-stress. Having been to this hotel a couple times for corporate functions I thought it would nice to try something other tan the Hyatt that we usually stayed at.

What a fantastic boutique hotel experience this was. Right from the valet parking attendant to check in it was clear that superior service and doing it right was the ongoing mantra for all staff.

We stayed in a deluxe king room that was exceptionally appointed and had a great urban chic feel. Fantastic bathrooms with huge walk in shower and massive rainforest shower head. Best bed and pillows ever!!!!

Unfortunately Charcut was full Saturday evening however I have previously enjoyed lunch there and certainly attest to the excellent food, service,and ambiance.

Sante spa was also fully booked Saturday so my wife was unable to get a manicure. The concierge however did seek out a spa close by without even asking that allowed her to get this done so again this is above and beyond service..my wife is looking forward to booking some spa treatments when we return.

Continental breakfast is included and it also was very good

We will be back for another in city break very soon..

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2013

First time staying at the hotel and have to say there is a bit of a wow factor. The rooms are very modern (as is the rest of the hotel). The bed was very cosy and warm with a down duvet on top. The lighting in the room is a bit dark with mostly accent lighting but if you want to do any reading or need direct light there are movable lights so its not a problem.
The bathroom is really interesting with a large basin for a sink. I am not a big fan of the way the water slowly flows into the sink...I like a higher pressure tap.
The shower is either a wand or the rain shower head. I think I still prefer the regular shower head but I can see where you could get used to it.
A bit tricky to get to if you are driving. It doesn't have a traditional drive in area...you can pull into the side alley or pull off beside the hotel (valet parking)
Overall, an interesting staff at a very nice (but not cheap) hotel.
I was a little disappointed as there was no pool/hot tub.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I’ve stayed at this boutique-style hotel 4-5 times in the last few years and always love my stay. Always have a cozy room, comfy bed and just right amenities. Breakfast Room always has hearty food and servers very attentive. Concierge is helpful – with restaurant recommendations and directions of where to go – and staff in general very helpful and attentive. The hotel is walking distance to a bunch of restaurants and shops, including the Core Shopping Centre. The Calgary Tower is right across from the hotel as well for anyone who wants to experience a major attraction. Le Germain is definitely my hotel of choice when I’m in Calgary.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This very modern, charming boutique hotel was everything we hoped for in Calgary. The convenient location (walk everywhere!), the fantastic decor and vibe, uber comfy bed, and outstanding breakfast included, all contributed to not just a great stay, but at a reasonable price. We will definitely return here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple