“THE place to stay in Calgary”

Hotel Le Germain Calgary
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The Le Germain is THE place to stay in Calgary. The staff remember you, and cater your stay to your needs and preferences. Close to everything, and impeccably clean. The breakfast (included) is top notch, and the Charcut restaurant is to die for. Will stay there again, and again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 December 2013

What a thrill to write such a glowing review for a hotel that is so fantastic!!!! I've been to 4 of the Le Germaine Properties and this one is my favourite. From the gorgeous check in desk, the friendly, efficient and friendly people that work in the lobby, nothing could be better. The sleek and sexy design of the hotel rooms, the bathrooms, the quality of the furnishings, the bedding, the sexy lighting in the rooms. Wow.. We just didn't want to leave the room. We actually booked here to stay "at" the hotel, and have a weekend away to just enjoy this hotel. The spa is stunning, like you've stepped into Shangri-la. The beds are perfect, the duvet, the pillows and if you put the flatscreen on channel 39, you have a roaring fire in front of you. The bathroom could be in a Style at Home Magazine. Perfect.

Room Tip: Something higher up with a view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed 1 night while going to a hockey game with the family. The only reason I booked this hotel was because of TripAdvisor reviews. Glad I did!

Nice and friendly staff upon check in. Overall great and clean property, the rooms were modern and comfortable. The shower was amazing, largest shower head I have seen in a long time... impressive.

Booked the weekend rate which included breakfast, parking and wifi.

Great downtown location across from the Calgary Tower with lots of nice food and shopping around the corner.

It is worth the extra money to stay here, I would do it again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I'm a hotel snob and this hotel is incredible. I was pleasantly surprised with the Nespresso coffee and the Molton Brown products that gave it such a high touch. Beautiful decor and very comfy and cosy bed!! The restuarant is excellent called Char Cut, and the free continental is very high end as well! I had a chat to the friendly concierge Jill Marven yesterday as it's extremely cold and I'm from California etc! etcetc! I got a knock on my door this afternoon from her personally delivering me a gift with a lovely personal note and a pair of very nice Canadian mittens! WOW is all I can day at the level of detail and service in this hotel!!I. Will be back for sure and cannot recommend it enough!!!

Room Tip: You will be in for a pleasant surprise !!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2013

So far, one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in! I wasthere 3 times and enjoyed every stay. It has a very modern look, the room is huge, bed is incredibly comfortable, closet is very big for a hotel room. The bathroom is my favorite, the rain shower is wonderful and they thought of every detail (lighting, mirrors, good hair drier, good soap, etc). Staff is incredibly nice, they respond super fast to any request and even give good tips on places to go and restaurants. Location is the best possible. Fitness center is very well equipped, it's 24h, and even if you don't like working out, the view is worth it. The only negative points were: room service food was expensive and not so good and the tv reception is not very good (image not very clear, big delay on image when changing channels), heavy blinds. But overall, the hotel is great and I for sure every time I go to Calgary on business I request this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Wow!
Where to start... this place as such a modern look to it. Once you step in you just feel good about the place! the staff is very friendly and always ready to help with any question you have!

Now for the room...I have been at le Germain in Toronto and this one i Calgary was even better then expected...you walk in and its WOW!!! all the little details are thought of...it is the best hotel in my honest opinion!
The staff working at the front door are dressed casually...it makes it more casual...less snoby i guess ;)
They offer breakfast on 2nd floor... there could be a little bit more choice as for bread and fruits but its included in the price of the room!
Overall...I would go back for sure!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Great hotel. I had a lovely room with more space than I knew what to do with and great connectivity for my laptop and Apple TV! The view wasn't great and getting light in requires some heavy lifting of the blinds, but the art deco lighting is a small price to pat for luxury. $2.50 to make your own coffee in the room is quite a high price to pay though!

My only criticism of the hotel was the spa, or lack there of. The gym is decent enough and even has a TRX in it, but there is only a pretend sauna (one of those termal ones) so no-where really to indulge oneself

Overall, I would highly recommend the place and am myself heading back for another 6 nights next week!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Robert D, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Goode Traveller,

Thank you for sharing your great comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the spacious room as well as the large fitness room with outstanding views of Calgary. We are also pleased to inform you that nespresso in all the guest rooms are now 100% complimentary. We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Germain hotel. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is anything we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable!

Robert D'Orazio