“Nice elegant stay on the city”

Hotel Le Germain Calgary
Ranked #8 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay. The room is large with a nice modern look. The shower is amazing. The lighting is a bit dark and there are to many switches.

Parking was a bit of a challenge.

I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Very modern hotel. We experienced very good service from every staff person we encountered. The location is fantastic - close to lots of restaurants and shops, we didn't need our car at all during our stay. Our room (superior with king bed) was stylish and comfortable. We loved the bathroom - especially the rain shower head.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A hotel should be at a minimum 3 things: 1. provide a good night sleep, 2. clean, 3. good location. Being beautiful and elegant is a bonus. This Hotel has surpassed all of them. To say that I am very picky about my hotel stays is an understatement. The room is incredibly comfortable and absolutely stunning. The location is right downtown withing walking distance of some great places to eat and shop. Free wifi and breakfast are nice little extras. All-in-all it was a great way to start my Canadian Rockies trip. I honestly can highly recommend the Hotel Le Germain.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The most striking thing about this place is the design and quality. The rooms have a very modern and superb design. The hotel is located right across Calgary tower. Its the best possible place in downtown. All products which came in with the room were excellent quality.
Free Wifi and breakfast were great things to have.
The only thing I missed in the room was kitchen. It may be because of the kind of the room we booked.

it would also help if the hotel had a convenience store in the premises. There is a twenty dollar charge if there is an additional person staying in the room to cover breakfast expense, so ensure that you are inputting the correct number of people while booking the room in advance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Nice modern rooms, very sleek and beautiful fixtures. Staff was attentive and helpful. Right across street from Calgary tower. Only downsides were valet parking only and the variety of restaurant choices in the area within easy walking distance a bit limited. But you can find a good place to eat. Would definitely stay here again if traveling to Calgary

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a fantastic stay at Le Germain. The rooms were large, immaculate and modern. The layout is well thought out, especially the alcove for luggage and all of the built in cabinetry. I particularly liked the bathroom with the massive shower head and the Molton Brown products.
Often times, nicer hotels charge for WiFi and breakfast so it was a pleasant surprise to have that included and certainly appreciated. We also used the valet service - it is, in fact, cheaper than the self parking option. Had we known that in advance (perhaps they could add it to the website,) we would have done that immediately rather than try to park on our own. My one other small suggestion is to add more Nespresso pods to the rooms. A single person would probably find the stock sufficient but couples who might want more than one small cup will quickly find themselves out of coffee.
All in all, it was an excellent stay and I would most definitely return to Le Germain.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert D, Manager at Hotel Le Germain Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear JJReid1030,
Thank you for the great comments posted on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that we are your new favourite hotel in Calgary! Yes, it is true we have fantastic showers with great products in Molton Brown. We are glad you were able to take advantage of free Wi-Fi and breakfast. Yes, we agree that it is a nice touch to have this included in our room rates for all our guests. We also do encourage our guest to use our valet parking service as we have a secure underground parking at a great value. We look forward to welcoming you back to your new favourite hotel in Calgary!
Warm Regards,

Robert D'Orazio
rdorazio@germaincalgary.com

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I'm at this hotel now. When they gave me my room they said a few times how quiet it would be. Well it was until they let a bunch of punks into room 304. Drinking, screaming, knocking on my door.... My revenge was the multiple phone calls to their room at the early hours of the morning. I hope it helped their hangovers. Lol
Other than that it's a great place. Rooms are very nice. Love the showers. Great view.
The breakfast could use some work. I just sat down and had a glass of juice and they immediately have me a bill to my room for $0 with an opportunity to tip. I must say though. The people working in the breakfast room on the second floor are the nicest people I have ever met. They will kill you with kindness. ;)

Stayed: July 2014