Centro Motel
US$178
US$178
US$153
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$194
US$183
US$177
US$151
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$112
BestWestern.com
All reviewsfluffy robesyogurtcontinental breakfastfree callsfree wifistreet noisegreat showerkeurig coffee makerironing boardblackout curtainsbusy roadcanada olympic parkmini fridgethe trans canada highwayhard boiled eggswould stay here againmodern decor
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The room was gorgeous, the woman who checked me in was great and the rooms were very clean.

The only issue we had was that there was no hot water our entire stay. At first we brushed it off as that the motel was busy and a lot of people were showering at the same time. The second day it was ICE cold, when I mentioned this to the girl at check out all she said "the hotel was very busy"

Which is a completely unacceptable answer. In my hotel, if I were to say this to one of my guests I would not have any guests.

This is too bad as I really enjoyed all other aspects of this motel, however I do not think I could ever stay here again for fear of not being able to have a hot shower!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jane L
centromotel, General Manager at Centro Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Motel. I am pleased that you received such good service from the check-in agent and that you enjoyed our clean and stylish rooms.

I would, however, like to apologize about the water issue you experienced and the response you received from the check-out agent in that regard. I can confirm that our maintenance manager was contacted about your issue which is what should have been reported to you from our check-out agent. After inspection of our brand new water tanks and not finding an issue with them, The City of Calgary water service was contacted immediately. Upon inspection by their agent it was revealed that the issue had to do with one of their parts. It has since been replaced and there have been no further issues.

I would ask that you not be deterred by this issue as it has been rectified and that you give us the opportunity to show you the value and comfort that we can offer.

Thank you.

General Manger of Centro Motel

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed at Centro Motel over the holiday's and New Years Eve this year (December 2011-Jan 2012) with my boyfriend and another couple and their dog.

We are always looking for pet friendly places that are still nice and a decently priced. The Centro Motel rooms look EXACTLY like all the pictures show. It is so modern and deff does not feel like a motel. I was soooo pleased with the place I will be returning whenever I visit Calgary. I was concerned that the motel was not going to be in a good area - But it was perfect ..not a far drive to downtown, and Cross Iron Mills is also a short drive away.

The staff was extremely friendly!!Few minor issues and they were happy to help us. The rooms were spacous and cozy!

Anyone who writes a bad review for the motel, I don't know what they were expecting or what they are use to staying in when it comes to a "motel" because I have never seen a motel that was so cute and cozy!

All four of us were very happy with our stay & will return! :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Logan M
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Centro Motel over the Christmas holidays. The staff was so friendly and the room was extremely comfortable. The room was very clean and stylish. There were lots of amenities surrounding the motel which made our 3 day stay even better. Did I mention the free breakfast??? Great value for your dollar. Thank you to all the staff at Centro who made our visit so enjoyable!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Kelly D
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I was awakened from a deep sleep at 12:30 on my first night by the arrival of the guest in the room above me, who walked around and talked on the phone until after 3:00am. Impossible to sleep until long after he went to bed. His floor and my ceiling creaked and groaned loudly, and I could overhear much of his conversation. Two nights later, I couldn't help but overhear another guest arrive, walk back and forth while he unpacked, opening and closing drawers, then making a phone call and taking a shower.

The rooms are nice, the staff and management are helpful, but the noise is a deal breaker.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank dhoyle
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Had been staying at motel village (comfort inn, quality inn & hampton inn) off and on for 2 weeks and thought I'd try something different but close to the hospital. Overall, not impressed. Considering the price, motel village was better; had more amenities better breakfast and service. For $110 per night, I don't care about a bathrobe, I care that I can't get ice, pop or staff when I need it. That's right, there's no ice machine, vending machine, no amenities like fitness, pool, restaurant, available staff after 11 p.m. etc. Since it's right on 16th it was very noisy from street traffic; old plumbing pipes woke me during the night and after freezing in my shower (at first) the water was scalding and I couldn't get cold water again either from the shower or bathroom tap. All I wanted was a drink of cold water around midnight but unless I wanted to get dressed and drive/walk to a store, I was sol. The website pictures might be pretty but up close the workmanship is shoddy and the place is at least $30 overpriced compared to motel village where again, more was offered. Even if I don't use the extra amenities I at least know they're there for the same (if not, cheaper) price. fyi the high tech key cards didn't always work either.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo