Centro Motel
Ranked #62 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We had read the reviews on this hotel and were excited to have a weekend getaway in Calgary. We got to the hotel and our first impression was good. But after about an hour things started to unravel. The room got extremely hot (which was odd because it was chilly out) so we turned on the portable air conditioner and we almost had to yell over top of the noise. There was no way we could sleep with it on so we had to sleep on top of the covers. The bed was quite hard and in the middle was a large lump so my boyfriend and I were forced to sleep far from each other. The pillows were all very high and hurt our necks. Needless to say we were quite grumpy after the lack of sleep. We were there for a total of 3 nights and made sure to put the sign on the door that kindly asks the house maids to clean our room, which never happened once. Our bed was not even made or towels refreshed the entire stay. Also after 11:00pm no one is at the front desk to help you out if you need something. The advertised breakfast was to our disappointment a couple of different fruits in a bowl. At check out we were not asked how our stay was, which was probably a good thing for the man at the front desk. After hearing all the hype and seeing the amazing renovations they had done here, we were very let down with the overall package.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MelGerry12
centromotel, Director of Sales at Centro Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2010

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback so that we can continually ensure that we address our guests needs, and areas in which we can improve in order to provide an excellent guest experience. I'm sorry to hear that our property did not meet your expectations.

With regards to the heating issue in the room, the system is just being fine tuned for winter, and next time I would recommend mentioning the issue to the front desk, as they could have resolved the heat problem for you.

All rooms are cleaned daily unless there is a do not disturb sign on the door. If for any reason the room was missed, if the issue had been mentioned to the front desk staff, it would have been quickly resolved.

We do have different sized pillows, a firm and a soft option, and it is unfortunate to hear that you did not sleep well. The mattresses are generally well liked by guests, and we will be checking all rooms to ensure that all mattresses are properly aligned on the beds.

Our breakfast has a wide array of continental choices, from fresh fruit, oatmeal, crossaints, dry cereals, coffee, tea, orange and apple juice, fresh milk, and granola bars. Breakfast is complimentary for guests each day.

We have also just implemented a new guest feedback system that allows guests to call a 1-800 number to record your comments and suggestions, and all front desk are informing guests of this at checkout.

We hope to welcome you back in the future and we aim to exceed expectations on your next stay.

Best Regards,

Sarah
Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2010

A very nice hotel....new and everything worked, man at front desk very helpful. My only complaints....the bed had a heavy comforter between two sheets, and was way too hot (a sheet and two light blankets that we could take off easily would have been much better). Also, my wife said the bathroom lighting was not so good.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank weatherman19
Reviewed 21 August 2010

We were in Calgary for the night, and picked the Centro motel rather at random. We were just expecting a place to crash for the night, before we continued on our way to BC. However, the Centro Motel defied all of our expectations.

The room was beautiful, modern, clean and extremely comfortable. Beyond the room, free breakfast, unlimited North American calls, robes, air conditioning and wireless internet were all included, making the Centro motel a great value. Not to mention, the staff were all absolute sweethearts, and a treat to deal with. They really seem to go the extra mile. For example, they brought in a cot for us, which was actually a cozy mattress + box spring, far above the typical hotel cot standard. I have stayed in hotels that cost much more than Centro, and were not nearly as nice.

The location is close to the U of Calgary, and a short drive from downtown. It is also just off of the highway, meaning that it is ideal for any travelers going further west. Close to the motel, there are restaurants, gas stations, and even liquor stores.

I would recommend this motel to anyone staying in Calgary, as it is a true gem, and a great value. It absolutely cannot be beat. If we are ever in Calgary again, the Centro will be our first stop.

To the staff, thanks for the great experience!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank EhJay
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We booked the Centro Motel as it was a pet friendly place and after reading the other reviews. I definately use reviews to help me choose places to stay.

The motel is exceptionally clean, and the staff was friendly. The decor was better than some of the more expensive hotels I have stayed at. It is right off of Highway 1 so it was really easy to find.

I would recommend this motel to anyone travelling to Calgary!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wantingsomesunshine
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I stayed in this motel and I could say hotel with my wife and little son in July. I was amazed at the cleanliness and beautiful decor of the room. Everything in the room was very nice and comfortable. It is located on Highway 1 which was good for us to complete our trip to BC. I will definitely stay in this motel again.

I noticed two things: The internet network did not reach our room which was a bit far from the office. I talked to them about this problem an they said they would solve it. So, try to be close to the office to get better connection. The breakfast was very simple, just oatmeal crispy, milk, juice and some snacks.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Relaxing-man
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I stayed here a night with my partner and I must say that it was a very nice and very clean motel. They have just renovated and have made it have a very modern feel. I enjoyed my stay here and the staff in the office were friendly. The location is convenient as well.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Nathan_Pisani
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed for 2 nights during the Stampede. Although not so close from downtown (20$ cab ride), everything is newly renovated + free long distance calls to anywhere US & Can, free internet + 2 Mac computers in the lobby, free breakfast... Room are spacious and cleans. Only negative point: walls seem paper thin and we heard voices from other rooms. We turned on the A/C to cover eventual noise and we slept like babies. If you compare the price to similar places, it is a gem. Staff was also very helpful and polite.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple