“Great Value!”

Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
San Diego, California
“Great Value!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Easy check-in. Got upgraded to a suite---thank you! Free Parking. Free wi-fi. Great location. Close to downtown Calgary, airport and shops. Really nice staff. Room was clean and well-maintained.

*** Free breakfast would have been nice.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had a confirmation for a room with 2 queen beds, but upon check-in at 3:30pm I was told that there was an error when the reservation was initially made and that no rooms with 2 beds were available at that time, and that I been given a room with a king size bed and a sofa pull-out. I didn't find this acceptable but decided to check the room to see if it would work for our needs. I didn't think the king size and pull out was a good option for us (3 people in the room and nobody wanted to sleep on a sofa bed) so we went back down to the front lobby and told the staff that it wouldn't work. She found us a room with 2 beds which was a bit surprising since I was initially told that no rooms were available.

I found the hotel to be in a very convenient location and a great value at a little over $100 per night for the weekend! The room we eventually stayed in was large with lots of storage space and good amenities like a room safe, microwave and mini-fridge. Comfortable beds although I found it really odd that the mattress pads didn't stay on the mattress and the mattress was exposed - upon inspection it looked like the mattress pad wasn't put on the bed properly. That was a little weird and sort of 'icky' .. for lack of a better word. Bathroom was large and spacious with lots of storage and towels. We enjoyed the use of the complimentary bath robes. Gym and indoor pool area were nice. Free parking, free water bottles and internet (although a bit unreliable and sluggish) is a good feature as well. The area where the ice-vending machine smelled a little funky though - perhaps an air-freshener would help in that area.

The hotel has a small store in the front lobby where you can purchase snacks (although a bit pricey at $5.75 for a bag of pretzels!). Ric's Grill restaurant is a bit pricey but convenient as they provide room service to the hotel as well. There are a lot of restaurants in the are with a McDonald's, Tim Horton's and a little Chinese take-out place across the street from the hotel. Further down (about 20 to 30 minute walk) there are several other restaurant's and shops if you have the time and want to explore.

Overall, I'd stay at this hotel again as it's great value for the money!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Hi Angela W, thank you for your review. I am very happy that we were able to accommodate your request for two queen beds. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location, free amenities, and found our hotel to be a great value! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Convenient location, offering an airport shuttle. Comfortable, large rooms. Very helpful staff. Nice gym and (indoor) pool onsite. Pretty good restaurant, with very attentive staff (especially Kemi was very helpful).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

This was my third time staying at this hotel this year! I love the location and value (SPG points). The hotel is clean and the beds comfortable and the staff are great!!!! It was a fantastic start to our vacation!

• Stayed August 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed at this property for 2 nights over the week-end and found that everything was comfortable, clean, and as expected. The rooms are a great size and feature everything you would expect from a hotel room including a small fridge which was an added bonus.Everything was clean and the bathroom is quire large. The decor is not really my thing all subway white tiles but the decor is one of the last thing one should care about in a hotel room.

The pool area is pretty small but for a hotel this size its appropriate. There is also a small whirlpool which was nice to relax in after a long day. The hotel has free parking and free wi-fi which is really nice. The internet was very quick and I had no issues loading lots of pictures on Facebook while there.

There is a full service restaurant which we ate there twice for breakfast and once for dinner. The first time was for breakfast which we ordered a la carte. Everything was fine and the usual mark up for hotels applies here too. One thing we found funny was that my mom wanted some potatoes with her eggs and they charged $3 for a "side" of potatoes which only had about 3 or 4 of them. A little steep for what you get but again its typical in hotel restaurants to overcharge.

The dinner went quite well. Since we had ordered late we decided to share some appetizers instead of ordering full meals. Everything we had was good except for the poutine which was truly gross. They put pepper corn in the sauce and all you can taste is pepper when you eating it. To be fair the waitress kindly offered to take it off the bill or bring us a replacement but we had enough food that it didn't really matter. The only thing is that its not in the descriptions and that should be mentioned since it totally changes the taste.

Overall we defiantly would go back since its great value for the money!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hi Montreal_native, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in our comfortable rooms and our free parking and wifi was convenient for you. Your feedback on the restaurant has been noted. We look forward too seeing you again soon!
Westville, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed here in August 2013 and I had a very comfortable stay. I would likely stay again. I am glad they had an airport shuttle as the airport was further away than I thought. The room was clean, large and well stocked. The staff was friendly and very helpful in answering my questions.
I had breakfast at Ric's Grill the next morning, kind of weird eating breakfast looking at the bar, but the food was good. My order was served fresh, hot and in a timely manner. Overall I had a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Saskatoon
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed here for three nights in August. When we arrived in our room we were pleased with the size of the room and a wonderfully comfortable king size bed. But then, the details started kicking in and that's when we discovered that looks can be deceiving. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice hotel, but here's what we experienced...

We signed up for the green program thinking we could do without someone making our bed on this trip and we'd be fine with the towels being reused. It seemed like a good way to go and this is a Sheraton, so we should be fine with one set of clean towels and an initial supply of amenities. I've read in the hotel management comments on Trip Advisor that the hotel provides two bottles of water each day to guests. When we arrived, there was one bottle and no coffee. We mentioned this at the front desk and when we returned from dinner, they had provided three bottles and our request for decaf. Nice touch.

We noticed that our bathroom sink was draining slowly. Not a big deal. We went to bed. The air conditioner was quite loud, but again, not a big deal.

The next morning my husband got up to shower...the bathroom sink was still slow draining. Turns out the tub wouldn't drain at all...it was completely clogged. We called the front desk and they sent a maintenance person up right away to fix it. That was great, but here's my question...who's been cleaning that tub and didn't notice that it was clogged? And the sink. We mentioned our concerns about the cleanliness of the bathroom and requested the room be cleaned and that we wanted to be taken off the green program to ensure it would be cleaned throughout our stay. Upon our return that night, the bathroom had been cleaned, fresh towels and alas, one bottle of water. Whatever.

The next day, we'd been out all day and returned to the hotel tired and ready for a shower and bed. No one had made up our room. So what happened to our request to be removed from the green program? At that point we gave up and resigned to the fact that details are not important or that training of staff at this hotel is insufficient.

When we checked out, the front desk person didn't ask how our stay was, so I figured he didn't care or had already had enough of our requests for fixes and amenities.

And so, here's how we enjoyed our stay. Probably won't go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rogie1506
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the very comfortable bed. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and that there were issues with your bathroom drains. We have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping team. If you would like to discuss further, please contact the general manager directly at gm@fourpointscalgaryairport.com