“Quiet in a busy area” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #54 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
kltc_9
“Quiet in a busy area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a very well located hotel, relatively close to the airport, but in an area with tons of shopping. There are three shopping centers within a reasonable proximity, one just a short walk. The hotel itself is new and the rooms are well appointed. The staff at the front desk,housekeeping and Ric's Restaurant are all friendly and helpful. The only thing that I was less than happy with is the bathroom was not as clean as I would have liked, and I cleaned the tub before using it - quicker than calling housekeeping.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for your review. Your feedback has been shared with our housekeeping team. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our location and our well appointed rooms. We hope to welcome you back next time you are in the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
New Brunswick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent five nights at the Four Points Calgary airport hotel a few weeks ago. We have found the beds comfortable, good quality linen and pillows and overall the rooms were very quiet, despite the fact that the hotel was very busy. The air conditioning was relatively quiet and there is a lot of free parking. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to and from the airport and it even has bottles of water for the weary traveler. A nice touch.
Our room was clean and the soap and other sundry items replenished daily.
Ric's restaurant - and wine bar - on the ground floor was very busy when we ate there on our last night. Our server was definitely not the best one we have had before, and the food was rather mediocre, given the cachet it aspires to. The glass of wine i had ordered was corked, but there was no problem getting replaced with a glass from a freshly opened bottle. I would definitely return to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I had a great sleep at this hotel and I would stay there again :)

Pro's:
- Good value
- Comfortable bed and pillows
- Large flat screen TV
- Spacious room
- Modern decor
- Very quiet (asked for a quiet room)
- Ric's Grill Restaurant has gluten free food
- Friendly staff at the front desk
- Great draperies! Black out blind and privacy roman blind.

Con's:
- Remote control was very dirty (some kind of sticky sauce)
- Wall by toilet was a little dirty
- A couple of hairs in the bathtub
- Coffee wasn't to our liking
- We had to park in the overflow parking which had no lighting or path to get to the hotel. There is underground parking but our truck didn't fit the height requirement.
- Hard to access the airport now that city of Calgary has closed off Barlow Trail.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. Your feedback has been shared with our team. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your restful sleep and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

By the time I got off my flight from NS to AB I was tired as I don't sleep on planes very well. I called and was told the shuttle would be on its way along with the note that construction would slow it down.
The shuttle came within 15 minutes and had cold water to hand out as the driver grabbed my bags. Pleasant conversation and 15 minutes later I was at the hotel. I walked in and they knew who I was. I was prepared to wait for my room until 3pm in their restaurant with some coffee and lunch. Guess what? Guest services had my room prepared for me as soon as I hung up with them after requesting the shuttle so I was able to check in and go directly to my room at 12:30pm. That was such a relief! I didn't have to wait. Then, when I noticed the fridge wasn't working for my water they came within 5 minutes and fixed it immediately.

Room Tip: The room with the king bed is well worth the choice - lots of space!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Easy check-in. Got upgraded to a suite---thank you! Free Parking. Free wi-fi. Great location. Close to downtown Calgary, airport and shops. Really nice staff. Room was clean and well-maintained.

*** Free breakfast would have been nice.

• Stayed August 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had a confirmation for a room with 2 queen beds, but upon check-in at 3:30pm I was told that there was an error when the reservation was initially made and that no rooms with 2 beds were available at that time, and that I been given a room with a king size bed and a sofa pull-out. I didn't find this acceptable but decided to check the room to see if it would work for our needs. I didn't think the king size and pull out was a good option for us (3 people in the room and nobody wanted to sleep on a sofa bed) so we went back down to the front lobby and told the staff that it wouldn't work. She found us a room with 2 beds which was a bit surprising since I was initially told that no rooms were available.

I found the hotel to be in a very convenient location and a great value at a little over $100 per night for the weekend! The room we eventually stayed in was large with lots of storage space and good amenities like a room safe, microwave and mini-fridge. Comfortable beds although I found it really odd that the mattress pads didn't stay on the mattress and the mattress was exposed - upon inspection it looked like the mattress pad wasn't put on the bed properly. That was a little weird and sort of 'icky' .. for lack of a better word. Bathroom was large and spacious with lots of storage and towels. We enjoyed the use of the complimentary bath robes. Gym and indoor pool area were nice. Free parking, free water bottles and internet (although a bit unreliable and sluggish) is a good feature as well. The area where the ice-vending machine smelled a little funky though - perhaps an air-freshener would help in that area.

The hotel has a small store in the front lobby where you can purchase snacks (although a bit pricey at $5.75 for a bag of pretzels!). Ric's Grill restaurant is a bit pricey but convenient as they provide room service to the hotel as well. There are a lot of restaurants in the are with a McDonald's, Tim Horton's and a little Chinese take-out place across the street from the hotel. Further down (about 20 to 30 minute walk) there are several other restaurant's and shops if you have the time and want to explore.

Overall, I'd stay at this hotel again as it's great value for the money!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Hi Angela W, thank you for your review. I am very happy that we were able to accommodate your request for two queen beds. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location, free amenities, and found our hotel to be a great value! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Convenient location, offering an airport shuttle. Comfortable, large rooms. Very helpful staff. Nice gym and (indoor) pool onsite. Pretty good restaurant, with very attentive staff (especially Kemi was very helpful).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple