“Friendly, helpful, easy”

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport
Ranked #62 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Booked here for a conference and was not sure what to expect. From the time I hopped on the airport shuttle until I left (4 nights) it was a great experience. The staff worked very hard to welcome us and make sure every need was met. The service was better than I've sometimes experienced in large, 4-5 star hotels.
My only complaint...the hotel is in a commercial, industrial area. Easy airport access, but not a lot of green or walk ability around. The sidewalks are scattered, traffic heavy, not a good place for walking or running after a long day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We love hearing from our guests and are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay from beginning to end. Our location allows for great airport proximity to help make travel easy for our guests. We hope you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was my second stay in the last four weeks. This stay was for two weeks. Spent most evenings in Rics Lounge and Grill when I was looked after by Christian and Sarah. Always a friendly welcome and courteous service. Got to know some of their personal background which made for cool conversation.

I'll be back many times in the next twelve months and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and especially this lounge.

Room Tip: 7th floor is the one!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased to hear that you have become a repeat customer and that our great team makes you feel welcome each time! We look forward to continuing to be your home-away-from-home over the next year!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Too bad that I have to give this hotel a bad rating due to a staff being rude to us. This will be our 3rd or 4th stay in this hotel. Let us start with the good stuff.

The FA during check-in was very helpful. We were recognized as a Starwood preferred guest, welcomed us and put us in a Starwood Preferred Room. She was cheerful, polite, check-in was a breeze. The room is clean, spacious and I love the decor. We tried the pool, again it was clean, with lots of clean towels, the shower area was clean. We had dinner at Ric's, enjoyed the food, enjoyed the service. We requested for an extra bath robe and the houseman delivered it at the pool, really good service there.

Now let's talk about the bad. On our way out of the pool the FA informed us that the in-room dining we ordered was brought down again as we were not in our room. She even asked for my husband's name to double check. We told her there must have a mix-up as we didn't order any food or any drink as we are planning to dine in the restaurant. Ok no big deal, I thought everything is well. The next day turned the tv on and reviewed my charges. Was surprised to see a $15.66 charge for in-room dining. Called the FA (didn't get his name) and asked him about the charge and again informed them we had dinner at the restaurant and there shouldn't be any in-room dining charge. FA told me he will take care of it. 2 hours passed I received no phone call from them so I called back as I want to do an express check-out. Checked our bill on the tv and still showing the $15.66 charge. Called the FA and again explained to him it is not ours. FA told me and I quote "Somebody signed it so this must be yours." Challenged me to go downstairs so they can show me the signed receipt. At this point I was really frustrated and disappointed. Told FA that no thank you I am not going down to check on an $15.66 charge and will see them when we check out. And informed him that I will prove to you guys that the charge is not ours. For a ridiculous amount of $15.66, we are not going to scam the hotel. After he heard this he backed down a bit and told me they will remove it from my account if it is going to be an issue. Not really happy with the way we were treated by the FA the morning we checked out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank millet20
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with our staff. We strive to make each guest feel welcome during their stay, and fell short in this instance. As this issue has since been addressed by our Front Office Manager, we trust that the issue has been resolved. Please reach out directly if I can be of further service - gm@fourpointscalgaryairport.com

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We booked two rooms for a trip to the Zoo. Our friends and their two small kids in one room and us (a couple) in another. We booked through Hotwire and then called to hotel to see if our friends could check in early and if we could be close to one another. The hotel was beyond accommodating! The rooms were clean and very large. The beds were a bit hard but great for hotel beds. We swam at the pool both nights. The steam room, sauna and hot tub were great. The pool is only 1 meter deep but the kids had a great time. We ate dinner one night at the hotel. Great service and great food. Menu items were $14 to $25. Not bad for Calgary. Overall we were very happy with our stay and would highly recommend. Only downside is no robes to go to and from the pool.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled to hear your family enjoyed the stay! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel a lot for business and the service is fantastic. The hotel is newer so it has a modern feel and the amenities. It's close to downtown and the airport which is perfect for work and lots of restaurant choices around for work meetings or to grab something quick. I even enjoy Ric's lounge which is attached to the hotel, the food is pretty good.

But when it comes to a Four Points and business travel, what I am looking for is service and this hotel continues to deliver.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear we have been able to provide you with what you are looking for as a business traveler: service and comfort. We look forward to continuing to serve you at Four Points.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Had a recent two day stay here while on business. Room was clean and comfortable, staff was great. The adjoining restaurant/bar complimented the hotel very well. The only drawback was that the printer in the business center was out of order but the front desk staff was more than happy to print out anything I needed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank texasjwalker
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The room was clean and modern. The hotel was well situated close to a main hwy and our office. The breakfast buffet was good. The Internet access was good. Did not try the restaurant in the evening but it looked busy. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!