“Wonderful food, excellent service and lots of fun!”
Review of Petite Restaurant - CLOSED

Petite Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mission
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Our foursome was there for a birthday and we were not disappointed. The food is fresh, well prepared and very tasty. Our waiter was entertaining and the service was excellent. The booths are much bigger though I didn't mind the small restaurant they had before.

1  Thank MYLemoine
There are newer reviews for Petite Restaurant

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Had an excellent lunch here. Essentially, French cuisine.
Parking in the area can be a bit of a problem

1  Thank 66scottie
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This was our first visit since the restaurant moved and expanded. We were concerned to learn that the chef we had so enjoyed had recently left the restaurant business, but we need not have been concerned. Our meal was delicious. We were there on a Thursday evening and it was quite quiet. The service was attentive and the food impressive. I had a beet salad with poached pear, arugula, orange glaze and the most amazing house smoked goat cheese. I would go back just for the goat cheese - it was that good. Thursday is oyster day and I gave them a try. The presentation was interesting and delicious with horseradish pearls and mignonette. The special appetizer was a souffle that was very good (I forget what else was included). For a main we had the confit chicken on pesto penne and the preserved lemon brined pork loin on pave potatoes. Both were outstanding. Desserts were great - a white chocolate bread pudding and a dense chocolate tart. We will be dining there again. (main course pictures are partially eaten - oops!)

1  Thank timetobeinspired
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Perfect patio located on 17th Ave and 4th Street SW. We were looking for a nice restaurant rather than a bar. This was a great pick. Yes, the food it a bit pricey when compared to pub food but that is beacuse this is a nicer restaurant and because you are not eating pub food. Service was great - the server, hostess and bus staff were all very attentive and there was never an empty glass or plate on the table. As the evening got cooler and the wind picked up it was no problem to move from the patio indoors. We shared 4 appies and then each of us had different meals - everything was fabulous. Extensive wine list at a reasonable price.

Give it a try - you won't regret it!

1  Thank calgal66
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have tried this place twice, the service is quite bad. The food is okay and might be even good, but the service and the expense compared to the experience leaves me pretty sure I won't be trying a third time. I heard great things before it moved, so I am sorry that it seems to have lost its lustre.