“Authentic Italian?...not even close”
Review of Pacini Calgary

Pacini Calgary
Ranked #94 of 3,625 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northeast Calgary
Description: it is located right next to the Acclaim hotel, Just north of the Calgary international airport on Barlow trail.
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I recently ate at this restaurant while staying at the hotel next door. The restaurant bills itself as "authentic Italian". I have eaten at dozens of "authentic" Italian restaurants both in Italy and other countries, but sadly this is not one of them. The menu is reasonably varied and it is pricey for Italian cuisine. I asked my server for details on a few different entrees and was met with answers as descriptive as "customers seem to like it." Really? I chose linguine vongole and was then directed to the "all you can eat bread bar." I'm sorry, but that has to be the most ridiculous restaurant concept ever. Does anyone get excited about the opportunity to gorge yourself on a "bread bar"? My linguine arrived, and I immediately noted the stark absence of clams. The taste was akin to what one would expect from a frozen boxed dinner After eating less than the modest portion served, I waited for the server. In fact, I waited for over 15 minutes for the server. Sadly, this is another corporate restaurant attempt to be something special and it fails miserably. Save your money - and your evening - and dine elsewhere.

3  Thank MontanaTraveler643
There are newer reviews for Pacini Calgary

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Great Food! Excellent Service! Good menu and i truly enjoyed the crepes and the freshness in all your food!

1  Thank EdmontonOilers04
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Had the antipasto meat tray. This was very good. Salami was a little waxy. Had the calamari, it was so so

1  Thank Tom D
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Pacini`s. The bread bar was a new concept for us as was the bottled water brought to the table. We enjoyed them both and our meals were both well prepared and served. Our waiter, Kaiser, was very attentive and friendly, a credit to the restaurant.

1  Thank Laneybc
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Food took a very long time and arrived moderately warm. I laughed when they cautioned me about the "hot plate". I watched servers come out of the kitchen with trays of food, and with one server, her pigtails bouncing in the plates of food! If they want to carry trays up by their heads, they should be wearing hair nets!! The first margarita I ordered came with no salt rim, something I thought was standard, but probably a good thing, so I could see the lipstick and food on the glass. I returned it and it came back in a martini glass? Whatever, I noticed, but it wouldn't stop me from drinking it. It tasted okay. Food was just ok.

2  Thank IslandGardener