“Great people!”

Wicked Hostels - Calgary
Sligo, Ireland
“Great people!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed there last week for the Stampede, had only been able to book two nights as we booked our holiday really late, and when Jeff found out that we didn't have anywhere to stay the Friday and Saturday night he did his best to accommodate us and managed to squeeze us in. Going over as a couple on our own, who you meet really can make or break a holiday and the people working here and the people we met definitely made ours! :) Great hostel, great people, great fun.. would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank irish_nomad12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Viking, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2012

When I checked into the hostel, I was surprised at how friendly everyone was. Jeff and Lennart were great guys and fun to hang out with... Very helpful and knew the area really well. I stayed for three nights and made some really great friends in that short period. I definitely would recommend staying at this hostel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank krista1224
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 October 2011

is well located, train station and Parking. rooms are small I had 1 for 4 people but it fit 3 ppl with bags whit lot of luck, if is more than 3 people seriously you guys has to leave the bags in hallway, beds are ok. book for 4 nights but leave before my check out date. is impossible to sleep the rooms are next to the common areas, I went for 3 nights and every night people talking or drinking not going so far the last night I sleep there were people making noise until 4 am and the night before a discussion was quite high almost ended in a fight, the hostel has mostly long terms people so every one know each other it does not look like a real backpacker

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
10 Thank uprivercamaleon
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I only stayed at the Wicked hostel for one night before we caught a flight out to Vegas the next day,

was suprised at how quiet the place was, had a bunk room with at least 10 beds all to ourselves, but it was nice and I would stay again.

friendly staff too :D

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Abaker25
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Great value for money, great people and all round great place to stay if you're traveling on a budget. Located right near the ctrain, saddledome and stampede.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Bridgettk
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Fantastic location for Stampede and downtown Calgary, comfortable beds, clean washrooms, hot showers, nice breakfast, owners and staff are very helpful. Met lots of really nice friendly people. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank BuckleBunny007
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I needed a place to crash while visiting the Calgary Stampede with friends, and Wicked was ideal for both cost and location (literally right across the street from the Stampede Park entrance!)

I had sworn never to darken the door of anything calling itself a hostel ever again after some negative experiences in Toronto, but I'm glad to say that this place restored my faith somewhat. The atmosphere in the communal areas was relaxed, and thankfully lacked that somewhat pretentious air that I feel a lot of backpackers hostels have.

I opted for a private room, rather than a dorm, and found it a perfectly acceptable place to lay my head for the night. The owner was in town during my stay (I think he normally lives in Saskatchewan), and seemed friendly and pleasant enough.

I don't have too much more to say because I literally only used it as a place to sleep after the Stampede shenanigans, but it seemed a pretty cool place, so if you need somewhere to stay in Calgary and don't care too much for the fancy extras (and cost!) of the chain hotels, then Wicked is well worth checking out.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends