“It's all there , but.”

Ranked #64 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Cambridge, Canada
“It's all there , but.”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Is stayed at this hotel for work. unfortunately I had no vehicle this last time in Calgary as I have an associate that lives in the city.

So i arrive each night after work, around 9 or 10, occasionally earlier, and i am ready for dinner. but because if the location and not having a vehicle, i am sort of stuck at he hotel.

Fine, there is a restaurant and a very nice lounge with big screens and sports on them in the hotel so I go there. I go there for 15 nights. OK so the menus is getting stale after that long.

Well the up side is if you are there for a week, the menu selection would not be exhausted by then.

All the staff i encountered were extremely attentive and pleasant. The hotel also has an exercise room and pool.

I would stay there again! The room was newly updated and clean and there were renovations going on in the lobby and other areas of the Hotel. They had apologized for the noise b i never heard any.

A great stay, better if you have a car.

2 Thank Mark H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Alberta
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I have been a regular business in Calgary and have stayed here at least twice a month for almost five years now and as such many of the staff know me by recognition including everyone from the reception staff, to some managers, to housekeeping and restaurant staff.
I was staying at the Greenwood Inn as a regular but the service deteriorated so badly I changed.
In general from 2008 to current, the services here are good to very good taking into account staff changes along the way and the current upgrading in progress.
I continue to stay here with my work. I think overall the would give this hotel a B+
The work out room needs better equipment.
The new reception desk is professional and modern and provides a higher end look to the first impression of the hotel.

Room Tip: right now I choose the rooms on the 5th floor as they have been newly rennovated
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tallie S
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed one night at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport. The parking lot was small and crowded. Hotel was being renovated, so lobby was dusty and covered in plastic.

The room was dated, but fine. The washroom was clean and well lit. Bed was comfortable. Kept having to try the key card over and over again until it would finally work.

No complaints, really. The rate was fantastic, so would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsMor
canada
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Hotel check in was very slow. Staff kept blaming the computer system not working. People that came after me seemed to check in faster. Once I got to the room the key card did not open the door. I had to go back to the desk to get the card redone. This time the door did open but I had to insert it 3 to 5 times to get a green light. Room was decent but the toilet dripped all night. Front lobby was under construction.
This is the second time I stayed at this hotel. The previous time I ended up on a floor occupied by a Hockey Team that wanted to party all night and use fruit to play soccer in the hallways.
I unfortunately got this hotel by the bad luck of the draw through a site that does not tell you the name of the hotel until you pay. Needless to say I will not use that site again and I most likely will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank lucy1957
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Dear lucy1957,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I deeply regret the overall dissatisfaction of your stay especially with the check in service received from our staff, room amenities and on going construction. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. We hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Just stayed at the Holdiay Inn Calgary Airport and the first thing I have to say is that all the Airport hotels that are south of the airport are about a 15 minute drive and THIS HI is no further than the rest in the south but it is isolated to other resturants etc so if you have no car your at the mercy of the hotels facilities.

The hotel is under renovation which probably turns most off the hotel right away but I understand renovations are needed to improve the overall facility so I can overlook any renovation issues.

What I can NOT overlook is the fact that the small reception area is a gathering place staff and their immature antics and jokes regarding each other, I was the ONLY one checking in and I had to wait for play time to end before I received a hello, I have read enough negative comments on here about reception at this hotel and they are actually quite friendly but really not professional so they drop a star for that. You would think this issue would have been taken care of by now looking at all the negative comments so please don't apologize in a response if you are only paying lip service to the issue. My Platinum status was recognized.
I was told only double beds available and I challanged the front desk on that issue and amazingly they found a kind bed when I threatened to leave.
The room is was very nice and clean, confortable in every way and above average for a HI. I would stay at this hotel again because over all the hotel delivered, I did not use the lounge or resturant on this vist so I have no opinion.

1 Thank Moduline
Noel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for providing us with your comments regarding your stay here at the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport. I have taken your comment to our front desk staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. This comment will be very helpful to us to ensure that we always meet and exceed our guests needs.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have been coming to this hotel on a very regular basis for many months and have had a consistently good experience. There have been minor hick-ups here and there but those were not of any importance. Especially breakfast is a welcome experience in the morning. Ryswana always receives you cheerfully and her service is excellent because she gives one the feeling of being looked after personally. She tries to remember customer's personal preferences and acts accordingly.
Also the other staff exert themselves to be forthcoming and helpful. The lunch and evening menu could be better, but I think that is largely due to the limited equipment in their kitchen.

A good stay for family and business travelers.

1 Thank Harald H
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have just returned from a 4 week stay at the Holiday Inn, Calgary Airport. This was the worst Holiday Inn property that I have ever stayed at. The service was disgusting, the reception staff were not friedly at all. I booked a room with a king size bed and was allocated a room with 2 queen beds, when I asked for a king size bed the reception told me that there was none available and that was it. The hotel is undergoing renevations which I can accept but that is no excuse for the disgraceful service that myself and many of my workmates were afforded by the waiters and waitresses in thye lounge on the 2nd floor. I sat for 10 minutes on one occasion without anyone approaching my table so I had to take my own dinner menu . to be quite honest I will never stay at this property again.

Room Tip: higher floors are better due to the construction
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GRF1956
Noel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
I would like to apologize for the inconvenince you had encountered during your stay here at the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport. We were sold out during the time of your booking and we do try our best to accomodate everyone with their bed type requests, due to our occupancy being full I do apologize that we were not able to provide yu with a king size bed.

In regards to the service you recieved upstairs in the lounge/restuarant, I will be speaking to all staff to ensure that this does not happen again. Thank you for providing me with this feed back as it will help us to ensure that this does happen again to any of our guests in the future.