“Holiday Inn - Renovations Didn't Stop Good Service”

Holiday Inn Calgary Airport
Ranked #63 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Ottawa, Canada
“Holiday Inn - Renovations Didn't Stop Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Even though this hotel was undergoing renovations, the staff went the extra mile to make their guests stay a pleasant one. Although lacking in decor, the temporary restaurant set up still managed to do the trick in meeting the guest's needs. Good breakfast buffet...average price. Nice pool and hot tub although only used the hot tub. Clean rooms, up-to-date decor. No major complaints. Restaurants were close in vicinity to hotel but still had to drive due to extreme cold temperatures (obviously not Holiday Inn's fault!). Would recommend the hotel and would stay there on returning visits.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Noel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay here at the Holiday Inn CAlgary Airport. I would also like to thank you for your patience during our renovations process. I hope that you are able to come and visit us again once our renovations are completed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Lethbridge Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is our six year in a row that we have stayed here for our winter get away hotel here in Calgary. Shuttle service both ways, very good. Our room was in great shape. I know this is an older hotel , but the upgrades are very nice. Parking our car in the back , no problems at all over the years . looking forward for next year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert S
Noel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport. We pride ourselves in consisten service and it is really great to hear that you have been getting that type of service everytime you have stayed here. We look forward to being of service to you again next time you are in the Calgary area.
Stony Plain, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

This Hotel is renovating and charging the same price as other Hotels. Their Halls are drywall only and their Restaurant is in an office suite. Pathetic! I expect a certain level of quality from the Holiday Inn chain and was extremely disappointed. However if you like cold showers with very little water pressure, paper thin walls, cramped dirty and dated rooms, and management that frankly doesn't care, than this is the place for you. Do yourself a favor and shop around. Very sad for the Holiday Inn chain, but hopefully they can turn things around. I suggest a change in management would be a great start.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Noel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment regarding your most recent stay here ay the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport. I am sorry that your stay was an inconvenient one. We are renovating the hotel to make the decor more modern and up to date. I will speak to my maintenance regarding the hot water problem that you had encountered. We are also in the processof renovating our guest rooms to take care of the paper thin walls that you were speaking of during your stay. I hope that you would provide us with another oppourtunity to provide you with the customer service that you are accustomed to from Holiday Inns, once our hotel is completely renovated.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Coming with client we came here at the last minute. The hotel team organized a meeting room with coffee break and meeting requirement in few hours. The lunch and service was also very good. Next time I would most likely stay here as the hotel is very close to the airport and under refurbishment.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed one night on our way to Mexico. We chose this hotel because it was close to the airport and had a 24 hour shuttle. The shuttle was a little bit of a problem as the driver locked the running van with all our luggage in it when we arrived in Calgary, We had to wait an hour for a spare set of keys to be brought to the airport. The restaurant was good, beds comfortable and the rooms quiet. The 4am morning shuttle was waiting for us and no problem. Would use this hotel again for an overnight trip, for anything else it appeared to be in the middle of not too much, we didn't even see many places to eat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Moose Jaw, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

If you want a great hotel close to the airport this is the place. Everyone friendly and very accommodating to your every need. Business required extra chair and few amenities and they were there in no time. One of best Holiday Inn I have stayed at.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Check in was ok. Girl at the desk was new and her trainer was not paying attention to what was going on. Room was good size, could not get the TV to work. Had no control over the heat in room and found it very dry. Got woken up because someone was trying to get into my room. Very loud in the hallways, which kept me away. Had a bath and the stopper would not work so had to stuff a face cloth in the drain. Coffee maker would not work properly and poured coffee all over the counter. Was so fed up with staying there that I left early. When I checked out the front desk man did not ask me how I wanted to pay and put it on my CC which I did not want to, I had my debit card in my hand but he didnt even bother to look up at me. I told him I was upset with that and that I had a horrible stay and he just strugged his shoulders and said sorry. Will never be back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Noel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations during your stay. I have addressed your comments with all departments to ensure that his does not happen again in the near future to one of our guests. I hope that you will provide us with another oppourtunity to provide you the customer service that we usually provide everyone that stays at the Holiday Inn Calgary Airport.