“HORRIBLE”

Holiday Inn Calgary Airport
Ranked #66 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 6 May 2009

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The front desk staff was nice, but I had an issue with my hotel room and no manager was on duty as I came in late and left early. I left 3 messages about my experience and not one phone call was returned. I find that this is a disgrace that the General Manager of a hotel won't return phone calls. They are either to coward to return a call for an unpleasent stay or they don't know how to do there job. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again.
I wouldn't even consider this an airport hotel....it's too far. If you are expecting an hotel close to the airport don't chose this hotel....took an hour to get the shuttle.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank girlygirl31

Reviewed 10 April 2009

I myself had to stay over her as Air Canada put me off because of a missed connection.
Shuttle bus picked us up and delivered us back to the airport. The gentleman was friendly and efficient.
Lobby itself looked a little aged - definately could use some upgrading.
I did not pay for this room - but anyway the room I received looked directly into the parking area where it seemed the cars were right in front of the window - definately had to keep the curtains closed. The room itself seemed fairly plain with a smaller t.v.- the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was very small with cheap fixtures as in taps etc., and this cheap plastic shower / tub enclosure. This looked like something that should be in an old cheap Super 8 or something.
Well, for a quick sleep (4 hours) it did the trick. I definately would not spend my own money here - not for any particular reason or receiving a bad experience.......just something about it did not feel cozy or a place I would stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank okop
Reviewed 10 April 2009

Twice in 3 months my Visa was over charged at this Hotel--The first time was by $40.00 and the second was a double charge of $110.26--When I contacted the hotel about the problems, I had to do all the chasing and repeat phoning to get the matter resolved--took up to 5 phone calls per episode

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2009

Due to a missed connection, Air Canada put me up at this hotel for the night.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a very nicely appointed lobby, very pleasant staff at the front desk, and a very clean and modern room with pretty much everything I could ask for including a nice flat-screen TV.

The wired internet was fast and free.

Restaurant staff were friendly and helpful and the food was quite decent.

Even the shuttle bus drivers were friendly!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2008

The hotel is very easy to get to from the #1 highway. There isn't a whole lot in terms of its location. The only nearby restaurants are Subways and Denny's across the highway. However, there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel that has routes going to the C-Train.

The parking here is free and they will allow you to park your car for the long term for a small fee.

The room was standard but a little bit on the small side. I had to stand beside the toilet to be able to close the door. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

They provided free wireless internet which was very convenient.

I would recommend this hotel for a quick stay, especially if you are going to the airport. Like the other reviewers have said, this hotel isn't actually that close to the airport but they provide an airport shuttle.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2008

I needed a place to host a meeting for a upcoming event our company is having in September I had called numerous hotels prior to this one and got no reply back at all. I called and left a message with their Sales and Catering Co-ordinator. I was sure that by the end of the day I wasn't going to get a response back like with the other hotels. I was wrong. She was so quick to my response, I was floored and impressed. She gave me ALL THE information I needed to present to my boss right away. I was so impressed and I told her too that nobody called me back from the other hotels.
Not only was the service so prompted but, the prices fitted our budget.
I am definetly going to have them host more meetings in the future.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2008

This was one of the best hotel's I have stayed at, and I'm on the road for business 220 days a year. Beautiful rooms with amazing new flat screen Tv's. Comfortable, clean, and best staff ever!! Anytime I am in Calgary I will definetely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business