Travelodge Calgary University
US$181
The Fairmont Palliser(Calgary)
US$176
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$126
US$97
US$228
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscontinental breakfastbanff trailroom was cleanhard boiled eggslrt stationc trainstaff was friendly and helpfulwithin walking distanceyogurtfront desk clerkconvenient locationking bedenjoyed my staywould stay againfoothillspetsmicrowave
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We found this a very well located hotel with the light-rail transit very close to the hotel.It is very clean and well kept with a continental breakfast included making it a very economical choice.The room was large and well furnished.The staff are very friendly and accomadating.We would definately stay again and would not hesitate to reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank billandlynda
TlodgeUnv, General Manager at Travelodge Calgary University, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

We appreciate your effort on sharing your experience with the world. We greatly value your compliments on our amenities and also our superior customer service. At the Travelodge Calgary university, we do not only meet our guest's expectations but also exceed them.

Comments such as yours would motivate us to continue providing; service quality, clean rooms, and the right amenities for our valuable guests. We appreciate your business and welcome the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed here because of its proximity to Foothills Hospital. Good access from 16 Ave, lots of parking. Basic room w/ king bed was clean and surprisingly large. Hotel was reasonably quiet, desk staff friendly. Was disappointed in the selection at breakfast, but there are plenty of places to eat nearby. Would recommend for up to a couple of nights' stay if access to U of C or hospital needed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank extradenticle

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the world. We greatly value your comments on our hotel amenities.

Even though we provide a good variety of choices on our breakfast bar, we welcome guest's suggestion on any extra additions.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further. We appreciate your business and welcome the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We had to spend Christmas 2011 at a Hotel in Calgary until we found an apartment to rent. The Daily Breakfast included; fresh hot waffles that you can make yourself, fresh bananas, oranges and apples, yogurt, milk, cereal, toast, bagels of different varieties, jams, honey, peanut butter, orange juice, apple juice, pastries, croissants, Wow! I had fresh hot waffles topped with bananas and oranges and delicious maple syrup! If the breakfast doesn't wow you, the front desk clerk that we had spoke Spanish and she was just awesome with her generosity of superior customer service, offering us extensions on our check out time. Now that you are finished breakfast and have gone shopping at the local North Hill Shopping Centre..come back to your hotel and walk next door to Denny's Restaurant, Show your room key and you receive 15 percent off all of your meals!! Excellent staff, we always had a clean room and the view that we wanted. We have stayed in luxury hotels but I must say, this hotel didn't have the luxury but it had the most important qualities of a Home Away From Home, with plenty of good food too!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about the view before you book your room, some rooms face the parking lot, others face 16 Ave TransCanada West.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dawn M
TlodgeUnv, Manager at Travelodge Calgary University, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the world. We greatly value your compliments on our continental breakfast and also our superior customer service. At the Travelodge Calgary university, we do not only meet our guest's expectations but also exceed them.

Comments such as yours would not only cheer our team up but also encourage us to continue providing; service quality, clean rooms, and the right amenities for our valuable guests. We appreciate your business and welcome the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2011

Since I was touring this part of Canada by Greyhound bus, I did not have a car available to me. Unless you are traveling by car, or unless you plan to focus your visit to Calgary around the nearby University - you will find that this Travelodge is NOT conveniently located. It is on a traffic island, surrounded by a confusing spaghetti bowl of highways. There is public transportation available, but it is very difficult to go anywhere from this location on foot.

There was another problem with my reservation at this location. When I arrived, the clerk had no record of my reserving a room here. We eventually found out that I had actually booked at their affiliated EconoLodge, but the cab driver had for some reason dropped me off here at the Travelodge proper. We spent over an hour cancelling my reservation at the presumably distant EconoLodge, and registering me here.
Later, another desk clerk told me that the affiliated EconoLodge was in fact just around the corner from this Travelodge. The two motels share a wall, but have different addresses. This more knowledgeable clerk said that cab drivers and people in general are always mixing up the two entities - dropping people at one door when they should drop them at the other door a few feet away around the corner. It seems the original clerk I dealt with had just been hired and was unaware of this proximity of the two related Lodges. So be aware of this in case you also face confusion when you try to check in.

Also, there are few dining options available here if you are on foot. Luckily, I found a Dennie's nearby, so I didn't starve.

Otherwise, this Travelodge was clean and well-functioning. But there was nothing outstanding about it for me. If I were to come to Calgary again, I would make an effort to book a hotel/motel in the downtown area rather than out in this no-man's-land of a "Motel Village."

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Rosalie S
Reviewed 23 October 2011

There are only a few hotels in Calgary's NW so if you want to be near the University or the Hospital you will probably stay on the hotel/motel strip on Crowchild. We got a special deal on a so called 1 bedroom king room. I say so called because the bed area was separated from the living area by a part wall and no door. It was quite spacious and clean. The decor is somewhat dated but in good repair. The breakfast was a basic continental and we didn't like the coffee quality. One morning it was very crowded. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance. We found it somewhat noisy as it is on a major road. In addition there was a very noisy argument outside our window at 2am one night. The exterior area is functional concrete but the free parking was appreciated - especially in Calgary.Don't look for great aesthetics on the strip. However, it seemed to be fairly well run and at the price was good value.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple